Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Two more things, the action was concise and pertinent which is surprising. None of them overstayed their welcome (though I think the fight between Natasha and Yelena didn't make much sense).
    That's actually one minor gripe I have, I would have loved the fight scenes to be longer, especially the Nat vs Taskmaster fights. TM could have shown more copycat moves for my taste.

Yelena was shown as someone who expresses her inner feelings directly so it made sense to me she would let her grudge against Nat out by attacking her. Also what is a Marvel movie without a hero vs hero fight?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Spectacular Member

I'm coming out of lurker mode just to say the taskmaster mislead was really disappointing. What a waste of such a great character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't think we watched the same movie. This had none of the slapstick and all of the "quips and jokes" were genuine character interactions. The moment at the dinner table for example where they tell Natasha not to slouch. I hated that scene in the trailers. It felt so unfunny. But within the movie it's not for the audience to laugh, it's to reinforce the idea that Red Guardian and Melina treat Natasha in a patronizing but affectionate manner, whereas Natasha has disregarded that whole part of her life as them just "acting the part".

Red Guardian was a guy obsessed with being a glorious emblem of his nation and he obscured the truth and disregarded the parts of his life that contradicted his own glory, but he wasn't there for the audience to laugh at him. Every ocasion of him being self-aggrandizing was very much a character moment, not a comedy routine.
    I mean if you saw Black Widow then we did.There is only one movie by that name.

Also SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!!!! just in case
    Yelena was constantly quipping.Like it was approaching Spider-man levels.Nat was also saying one lines.
    I am talking in battle.Not in conversations.

Again he had no real arc.They made fun of him at first and it made sense, it was deserved.
    But even when he realized what he was wrong they still made a joke out of it.
    1)The tranqs
    2)Prison cell confession
    3)Ear piece scene
    4)Saying parting words to Melina

All these were after he realized his mistake, he never got a moment of redemption.Heck if you can't give him a verbal redemption moment at least let him do better against Taskmaster.He basically got his butt handed and then needed help and then pressed a button.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    @Spiderfan001 You could mark parts that are clearly spoilers as such. Movie only just came out today in the US.
    Done.
    Is that enough, I don't know how to mark spoilers in the quote thingies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    I'm coming out of lurker mode just to say the taskmaster mislead was really disappointing. What a waste of such a great character.
    This.
    And Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!
    Taskmaster is supposed to an amazing tactician and trained killer.
    His photographic reflexes are one of the most dangerous things about him and he does that himself. MCU taskmaster is so disappointing.
    That and the fact that she is a victim means she will turn good guy so we won't get the mercenary Taskmaster in the future.He'll she'll probably be a good guy or mislead like Karli.

That's actually one minor gripe I have, I would have loved the fight scenes to be longer, especially the Nat vs Taskmaster fights. TM could have shown more copycat moves for my taste.

Yelena was shown as someone who expresses her inner feelings directly so it made sense to me she would let her grudge against Nat out by attacking her. Also what is a Marvel movie without a hero vs hero fight?
    Yeah but like, she legitimately tried to kill her, even though the reason why she was there was because Natasha was the only person she could trust to help end the Red Room.

It's true that this wasn't actually a good showcase of Taskmaster, but I don't have a problem with that.

I really loved it.

Like others have already succinctly pointed out, this film was so effectively its own thing that it kind of stunned me.

While I have little gripes, I am so satisfied with how upfront the film was about its darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Nat’s movie is finally out and the thread is practically dead.
    Speaking for myself I haven't been able to see it yet. But I will on Monday.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

They really didn't have a Iron Man cameo because they decided that "She doesn't need the boys.We didn't want it to feel like she needs the support"
    Bruh what?!

@spiderfan001 if you put [*spoil][/*spoil] around your text, but remove the * that I put in there, it should hide it as spoilers.

Personally I loved the movie. I was worried about so many things going in, things I had personal investment in, but I was very pleased with how it all played out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    @spiderfan001 if you put [*spoil][/*spoil] around your text, but remove the * that I put in there, it should hide it as spoilers.

Personally I loved the movie. I was worried about so many things going in, things I had personal investment in, but I was very pleased with how it all played out.
    Thanks a lot.I'll try to keep it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They really didn't have a Iron Man cameo because they decided that "She doesn't need the boys.We didn't want it to feel like she needs the support"
    Bruh what?!
    spoilers:
    Honestly, I think an Iron Man cameo would have felt shoehorned in considering when the movie was set. I think the only cameo that would have felt natural is Clint if it had been in a flashback scene, since they have history together that was prominently referenced.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    spoilers:
    Honestly, I think an Iron Man cameo would have felt shoehorned in considering when the movie was set. I think the only cameo that would have felt natural is Clint if it had been in a flashback scene, since they have history together that was prominently referenced.
    end of spoilers
    The cameo would be at the end with the quinjet.
    And it would have been cool to see an Avenger, they keep talking about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The cameo would be at the end with the quinjet.
    And it would have been cool to see an Avenger, they keep talking about them.
    That would have made no sense at all.

And the movie had exactly the right amount of other Avengers in it that I needed it to have.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

That would have made no sense at all.

And the movie had exactly the right amount of other Avengers in it that I needed it to have.
    A)Most people would have liked a cameo as apparent from thoughts before the movie and in comments and reviews to the movie and to this article.

Having Tony give her the Jet since both Tony and Cap were not at all out war at the end of CW would make a tone of sense.She said she wanted to help fix her other family and what better way to show that that by indicating that Nat was on okay terms with Tony even when on Cap's team.
    Or have Cap pick her up.
    Either way would have made the scene much better.

B)I don't think you understand the point I am making in the first place,
    They didn't bring an Avenger in because they didn't want it to look like she needed help or support from the boys.Not because of any story or plot reason.It was an agenda and they stated it clear as day.It's a direct quote from an interview, they explicitly state that they has all sorts of plans and they didn't go through with them because it would make it look like she needed the boys.You have to be 50 types of blind to not see it.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-11-2021 at 04:13 AM.