Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I don't think friend and ex exclude each other, especially in cases where the relationships date back to the Silver Age like with Clint and Matt. I'm pretty sure she never had anything with Steve in 616 and with Tony the most I can think of is an implied one night stand. Maybe you are thinking of the Ultimate Universe here.
    Absolutely agreed, just that she doesn't have a lot of strong friendships that started out that way(as in just friends).I remember Widow and Spider-woman talking about Tony where they say she did, not the 1610 tape stuff lol.

Astonishing Member

I don't think friend and ex exclude each other, especially in cases where the relationships date back to the Silver Age like with Clint and Matt. I'm pretty sure she never had anything with Steve in 616 and with Tony the most I can think of is an implied one night stand. Maybe you are thinking of the Ultimate Universe here.
    Natasha was shown to have a crush on Steve in the 90s, towards the end of AVENGERS vol.1, but she never acted on it or told Steve about it so it never went anywhere. Tony and Natasha have slept together, but like you said it was basically a one night stand, and was portrayed as basically a friends-with-benefits encounter rather than any romantic connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Natasha was shown to have a crush on Steve in the 90s, towards the end of AVENGERS vol.1, but she never acted on it or told Steve about it so it never went anywhere. Tony and Natasha have slept together, but like you said it was basically a one night stand, and was portrayed as basically a friends-with-benefits encounter rather than any romantic connection.
    Although I think she was intentionally trying to seduce him at the time, as I recall...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    [Gandalf face] I have no memory of this pla- .. event.
    When and where did that Tony thing happen?

As with Steve: I feel like some people trick themselves into thinking there was more than that because of their weird child from that time traveling future Avengers team.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

ironwidow.jpg

This is not what it looks like, he is providing her with air.

As for the one night stand, I don't remember the run.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    [Gandalf face] I have no memory of this pla- .. event.
    When and where did that Tony thing happen?

As with Steve: I feel like some people trick themselves into thinking there was more than that because of their weird child from that time traveling future Avengers team.
    I think the Steve stuff is more because of the chemistry the actors had in the MCU. I haven't seen anyone ship Steve and Natasha because of Next Avengers. Admittedly, it was a weird choice for the two of them to have a child in that movie, considering they were the only set of parents who had never been a couple in 616. Steve and Wanda would ha made more sense at the time the movie came out, although I guess they didn't want to mess with the more iconic Wanda/Vision pairing.

Apparently the Steve/Natasha pairing in Next Avengers was a reference to a relationship they had in a previous cartoon (not sure if it was technically in the same universe or not) that I haven't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I think the Steve stuff is more because of the chemistry the actors had in the MCU. I haven't seen anyone ship Steve and Natasha because of Next Avengers. Admittedly, it was a weird choice for the two of them to have a child in that movie, considering they were the only set of parents who had never been a couple in 616. Steve and Wanda would ha made more sense at the time the movie came out, although I guess they didn't want to mess with the more iconic Wanda/Vision pairing.

Apparently the Steve/Natasha pairing in Next Avengers was a reference to a relationship they had in a previous cartoon (not sure if it was technically in the same universe or not) that I haven't seen.
    It was referencing the Ultimate Avengers animated movies.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post

I wasn't talking about shipping or anything i was talking about the not so uncommon misconception that they had a thing in the comics
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Mighty Member

MORE DELAYS: Here are the new release dates for the Black Widow issue:
    #13 - January 5th
    #14 - February 12th
    #15 - March 30th

A nice preview art from #13.

Love the colours!

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    A nice preview art from #13.
    Bringing back that old look in style .

So I guess the appreciation threads will be closed and new ones opened come January the 1st? I'd appreciate it if the user who is going to open the new one used either Natasha Romanova (that would be my preference) or Natasha Romanoff in the headline. The first one ist the correct name while the latter is the Americanized version they went with in the MCU. The currently used Romanov is just wrong Russian (I know it was used in the comics but clearly because the writers had no clue about Russian surnames). No offence to you Matternativ, I know this was used in the older threads and you just kept it in line, but it bothers me since I joined
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

So I guess the appreciation threads will be closed and new ones opened come January the 1st? I'd appreciate it if the user who is going to open the new one used either Natasha Romanova (that would be my preference) or Natasha Romanoff in the headline. The first one ist the correct name while the latter is the Americanized version they went with in the MCU. The currently used Romanov is just wrong Russian (I know it was used in the comics but clearly because the writers had no clue about Russian surnames). No offence to you Matternativ, I know this was used in the older threads and you just kept it in line, but it bothers me since I joined
    You can always get the jump on everyone and start it yourself.