Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

How do people feel about Yelena’s origin in this? On one hand, I love it because it gives them a deeper familial tie and supporting story.

But on the other hand, part what makes their comics relationship so fascinating is the dynamic in which Yelena chose this life and believes in it in a way Natasha never really did.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    How do people feel about Yelena’s origin in this? On one hand, I love it because it gives them a deeper familial tie and supporting story.

But on the other hand, part what makes their comics relationship so fascinating is the dynamic in which Yelena chose this life and believes in it in a way Natasha never really did.
    For as much as I can tell from the trailers I get the feeling this will be better than if they had just used their comic book origin. In the comics it was basically a generic "young successor wants to replace the original" plot. As we've seen the mirror of the hero as adversary already many times in previous movies I think it's the right move to twist it a bit.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Thanks, my friend.

AH! covers are awesome!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Choosing not to look at the preview art since I'd prefer my 22 pages at $3 to be as much a surprise to me as possible.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

As many people here absolutely adore Red Room stories they'll be delighted to hear that a new mini series will feature Red Room Natasha

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...1-announcement
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    As many people here absolutely adore Red Room stories they'll be delighted to hear that a new mini series will feature Red Room Natasha

I don't mind Red Room stories; I'm just tired of the "someone Natasha hurt when she was working for the Red Room is back and wants revenge" trope. This looks like it could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

How old would Natasha be? Compared to teenage Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How old would Natasha be? Compared to teenage Spider-Man?
    It's got to be a time travel story, if it has teenage Spider-Man and WWII Captain America, no?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    It's got to be a time travel story, if it has teenage Spider-Man and WWII Captain America, no?
    Yeah, and Natasha's straight from the Red Room, but I'm not sure where that would put her age-wise because she was in the program up until her mid-20's, right? Or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, and Natasha's straight from the Red Room, but I'm not sure where that would put her age-wise because she was in the program up until her mid-20's, right? Or thereabouts.
    I got the impression she would also be a teen, the creator ist calling her "spy school Black Widow", and the term spy school evokes someone younger than 20, at least to me.

The preview for next week's Captain Marvel feature Nat but it's just part of a dream sequence .
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Finally a new issue. Casagrande owning those fight scenes as usual.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Although the art looked quite similar, this issue was done by Rafael De Latorre. It sounds like Casagrande got a little behind so they brought in a guest artist for this issue, but she should be back for the next one.

The art was definitely gorgeous and continues to carry this book for me. I'm still on the fence here as I really love Thompson's work on other titles, but I'm still not sure about her handling of Natasha. A lot of the dialogue/narration felt off to me.

Whoops, that's awkward. lol.
    Anyway, great fight scenes those.

My Twitter

Yeah I wonder if De Latorre has such a similar style to Casagrande's or he tries to emulate her style so the art of the book stays consistent. He already did some pages of #5 and while the change was noticeable at closer look, the whole issue still felt homogeneous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    The art was definitely gorgeous and continues to carry this book for me. I'm still on the fence here as I really love Thompson's work on other titles, but I'm still not sure about her handling of Natasha. A lot of the dialogue/narration felt off to me.
    Same here. After reading and enjoying the last issue of Captain Marvel I get the feeling that maybe more humorous characters suit Thompson better. Well, maybe the addition of Spider-Girl will help on that front.