Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wow. That's kind of heartbreaking.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Thanks, Bucky.

Everybody and their aunt is part of Devil's Reign but Matt's former lover, crimefighting partner, and close friend is not. This arc better be good to make up for that, Ms. Thompson.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I'm imagining Bucky has a lot of mixed feelings here.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Thanks, Bucky.

Everybody and their aunt is part of Devil's Reign but Matt's former lover, crimefighting partner, and close friend is not. This arc better be good to make up for that, Ms. Thompson.
    When you put it that way it is kind of weird that Bucky gets a tie-in and Natasha doesn't. Especially when Natasha's gone back to the street-level vigilante route.

Extraordinary Member

Have they ever clearly defined what Lucy's powers are?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Thanks, Bucky.

Not just the DD connection, this event lines up w/ Nat's MO very well.
    Her and Spider-man(Kingpin played a big role in recent ASM run, Peter was a big part of the DD set up w/ Kingpin, Chip, etc.) are the 2 people who should be front and centre in this right w/ the DD's.

Thanks, Bucky.

With Natasha living with San Francisco at the moment, it's not unreasonable that she would miss out on a New York-centric event, but you're right, in the past, she would have made a point of showing up to help Matt out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    With Natasha living with San Francisco at the moment, it's not unreasonable that she would miss out on a New York-centric event, but you're right, in the past, she would have made a point of showing up to help Matt out.
    They could have tied it in with Natasha and crew taking out a group of mercenaries Fisk hired from getting into the country from the left coast. Not much interaction with everyone else...but still tied in with a brief appearance by Buck, Steve or Matt.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 10-26-2021 at 05:39 PM.

The history of Natasha's hair and catsuit...

Really enjoyed that issue besides the ongoing memory sequence plot thread that's hardly a spoiler since it was all over the previews and also present in every other issue so far

That new Villain guy gets some impressive build-up. Hope he won't fall short of my now very high expectations.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Really enjoyed that issue besides the ongoing memory sequence plot thread that's hardly a spoiler since it was all over the previews and also present in every other issue so far

That new Villain guy gets some impressive build-up. Hope he won't fall short of my now very high expectations.
    That last page preview went full Stan Lee silver age hyperbole, lol.

Never heard the term himbo before. Hilarious. And fitting
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Himbo has been around for a while.

TBF Nat points out that's just how the ignorant public sees him but it made me chuckle nonetheless to see it used in a comic.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Great issue, glad I didn't drop it.
    I love the vulnerable side of characters, when we get to see them be more human specially in solos so this was a win.Specially since an alarming amount of writers think vulnerable=weak....