Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I recently rewatched Civil War (great movie!). When Bucky is escaping from the German compound, Nat fights him and she says something like "you can at least recognize me". What does that mean? They had the highway fight scene in TWS, and earlier she'd recounted a story where she'd been shot by him years before. But both times, he was evil.

In the comics, I liked their romance. I think it was Cornell that inserted Bucky into young Nat's past at one point.

Umm what do you mean he tried to kill her in WS with a grenade launcher. And an automatic rifle. She landed on the back of his head and tried to strangle him. He threw her into a car and shot her. He didn't forget things he had done when he was bad. That was made clear in the falcon and the winter soldier.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 07-21-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Umm what do you mean he tried to kill her in WS with a grenade launcher. And an automatic rifle. She landed on the back of his head and tried to strangle him. He threw her into a car and shot her. He didn't forget things he had done when he was bad. That was made clear in the falcon and the winter soldier.
    I doubt that was the intention of whoever wrote the line. It doesn't make sense that she would use a memory of things he did while brainwashed as the Winter Soldier to snap him out of Winter Soldier mode. They were probably originally intending to adapt their comics history for the MCU, but then changed their mind for whatever reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I doubt that was the intention of whoever wrote the line. It doesn't make sense that she would use a memory of things he did while brainwashed as the Winter Soldier to snap him out of Winter Soldier mode. They were probably originally intending to adapt their comics history for the MCU, but then changed their mind for whatever reason.
    Yes, this is what I meant.

I always saw it as an easter egg nod to comic book lore as the line doesn't make any sense at all in the MCU. Or maybe they jokingly put it in for Sebastian Stan as he is a big fan of that relationship.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Incredible Member

Interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it's a comic thing.And Sebastian Stan likes the relationship as well.

I'm cool with it, better than Nat Banner...

I don't think that was ever on the table. Between teasing a romance with Barton in Avengers and whatever the hell the banner thing in age of Ultron was I feel like they were quite content with leaving romance out entirely.

When he broke out it wasn't immediately clear to her (or anyone) that he was under mind control again.
    No one but Steve knew him then.

I'm fairly certain it's just a callback to the previous movie.
    A movie from which we know that their past experiences were nothing but violence.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I don't think that was ever on the table. Between teasing a romance with Barton in Avengers and whatever the hell the banner thing in age of Ultron was I feel like they were quite content with leaving romance out entirely.

When he broke out it wasn't immediately clear to her (or anyone) that he was under mind control again.
    No one but Steve knew him then.

I'm fairly certain it's just a callback to the previous movie.
    A movie from which we know that their past experiences were nothing but violence.
    I didn't mean that they would necessarily create a romance between them, more that it would be revealed that Hydra and the Red Room had worked together and do had the Winter Soldier and Natasha. Again, it makes no sense from a narrative perspective that she would try to break his brainwashing by reminding him of other things he did while brainwashed. Just like Steve was able to get through to him in the Winter Soldier by reminding him of their past before the war, it would make a lot more sense if Natasha's "you could at least recognize me" was a reference to some memories where he was actually himself in some way. Again, not necessarily romantic. The fact that Natasha didn't reveal the connection in Captain America: The Winter Soldier isn't out of character for her, either.

Cover for Black Widow #12 and final cover for #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

Cover for Black Widow #12 and final cover for #10.
    Hoods are in style...

Description for Black Widow #12:

In BLACK WIDOW #12, Black Widow and her team have stumbled into some high-society crime nonsense, which requires formal wear to investigate. Everyone will be looking their best as they deal with the worst. But when a haunting figure from Natasha’s past re-emerges…the game has officially been changed.

Black Widow fears no man but him! Find out why when BLACK WIDOW #12 hits stands this October! Check out the cover now as well as the final cover for BLACK WIDOW #10, on sale August 25th.
    Who do we think it is? Alexei seems too obvious, and I got the impression they're trying to reform him over in his upcoming series. Ivan, maybe?

Who do we think it is? Alexei seems too obvious, and I got the impression they're trying to reform him over in his upcoming series. Ivan, maybe?
    I'm looking forward to the formal wear .

lol Cyborg Ivan coming back from space. But why should Nat fear him? Hm.

Wild guess Damon Dran. Who's more to fear than someone who is indestructible?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm looking forward to the formal wear .
    Now watch Casagrande incorporating hoods into their dresses

My first thought was Ivan as well. Very intrigued though since KT seemed to want to stay away from Red Room stuff, which seems to be where most writers take Natasha's "figure from the past" from.

I am also looking forward to the formal wear! I have really loved the fashions in this title so far for Natasha, and I'd love to see Yelena dressed to the nines.