Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Today I attended a press screening of the BW movie. Loved it. Guess at this point after ten years of missed opportunities it delivers what one could hope for. It has more direct references to Nat's comics than I thought and not only to the Waid/Samnee run. Watch it in theaters if you can.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Today I attended a press screening of the BW movie. Loved it. Guess at this point after ten years of missed opportunities it delivers what one could hope for. It has more direct references to Nat's comics than I thought and not only to the Waid/Samnee run. Watch it in theaters if you can.
    Great to hear that! Looking forward to it.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

This is great news!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Awesome .

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Sounds like it has a high rewatch value.

Yeah I'll definitely watch it again on opening night and maybe even a third time.

Oh and don't worry if you come around Twitter guys claiming that Natasha is sidelined for Florence Pugh's Yelena. Florence is great but it's still Nat's movie. Just a case of a flashier and funnier performance being mistaken for better than a more subtle approach (that is absolutely fitting for Nat) which often happens (see guys claiming that Pitt outshines DiCaprio in OUATIH).
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Sucks we've had to wait for a Black Widow solo, this should be her second at least. I actually wanted a Black Widow trilogy. Glad you loved it!

Astonishing Member

Do we have a preview for Black Widow #8 tomorrow?

Yeah I'll definitely watch it again on opening night and maybe even a third time.

Oh and don't worry if you come around Twitter guys claiming that Natasha is sidelined for Florence Pugh's Yelena. Florence is great but it's still Nat's movie. Just a case of a flashier and funnier performance being mistaken for better than a more subtle approach (that is absolutely fitting for Nat) which often happens (see guys claiming that Pitt outshines DiCaprio in OUATIH).
    This is something that I saw in a review on Twitter, so I'm glad to hear it's not necessarily true!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Do we have a preview for Black Widow #8 tomorrow?
    If you go back one page Spider-Chan has posted a link there.

Extraordinary Member

Heard some people say it was boring and cliched but had decent action.
    Also recent ScarJo interview doesn't help my faith in the movie
    (Not expecting any S*xy Hijinks but when people start to complain about that stuff it's usually to back up a bad movie)
    I'm torn about cinema or just seeing it on someone's laptop.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Heard some people say it was boring and cliched but had decent action.
    Also recent ScarJo interview doesn't help my faith in the movie
    (Not expecting any S*xy Hijinks but when people start to complain about that stuff it's usually to back up a bad movie)
    I'm torn about cinema or just seeing it on someone's laptop.
    Thoughts?
    Boring is a highly subjective term I'd thus never use in a movie review but if you trust the opinion of these guys that's fine. I'd say if you liked the character in say The Avengers and Winter Soldier then chances are high you'll enjoy this one.

I think I know what interview you are referring to and one has to see the context. It was part of a press junket and that particular question came from a certain media outlet and was already asked in a suggestive way so Scarlett somehow got carried away in her answer. From all other interviews it's pretty clear that she loved playing the role, it's only the depiction in Iron Man 2 she partly has issues with because she thinks Nat was mostly reduced to her looks there and honestly she has a point. She has one badass fight scene in IM2 and that's basically it. I never heard her complain about her parts in the other MCU movies she was in though. Also the new movie has a pretty long shot of Scarlett's behind despite being directed by a female and Scarlett acting as executive producer, furthermore solidifying that she doesn't have a problem with these kind of scenes in general as long as the character isn't reduced to them.

So I don't think that comment was made to back up a bad movie. If my screening is an indicator the majority of reviews should tend to positive.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Boring and cliché is what trolls use to make themselves sound avant garde and it shows them as pretentious.

The truth is there are a handful of human experience tropes. Being creative with and executing said tropes in a well acted, meaningful way is what I look for most times.
    Sometimes I just want to watch crazy action(physics be darned) or cheer for a character I like regardless of actors chops(Riddick for example).

With Black Widow we have the Marvel track record so it'll be good and the haters have been out there since Guardians of the Galaxy debuted.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

If you go back one page Spider-Chan has posted a link there.
    Thank you.

Boring is a highly subjective term I'd thus never use in a movie review but if you trust the opinion of these guys that's fine. I'd say if you liked the character in say The Avengers and Winter Soldier then chances are high you'll enjoy this one.

I think I know what interview you are referring to and one has to see the context. It was part of a press junket and that particular question came from a certain media outlet and was already asked in a suggestive way so Scarlett somehow got carried away in her answer. From all other interviews it's pretty clear that she loved playing the role, it's only the depiction in Iron Man 2 she partly has issues with because she thinks Nat was mostly reduced to her looks there and honestly she has a point. She has one badass fight scene in IM2 and that's basically it. I never heard her complain about her parts in the other MCU movies she was in though. Also the new movie has a pretty long shot of Scarlett's behind despite being directed by a female and Scarlett acting as executive producer, furthermore solidifying that she doesn't have a problem with these kind of scenes in general as long as the character isn't reduced to them.

So I don't think that comment was made to back up a bad movie. If my screening is an indicator the majority of reviews should tend to positive.
    I honestly wonder if that's just become a staple of movie Black Widow but I might be thinking of the first two Avengers movies (and Whedon, so...yeah).