Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

I'm really dying to know how it all turns out, 'cause the most obvious outcomes aren't ones that I personally think I will be satisfied with. Like if they're dead and she's fuelled by revenge, that's such an overdone plot I've never been a fan of, but if they're not and they just get sent off to live somewhere safe then... I dunno. I don't like that always hanging over Natasha, and I really don't get why especially when we've seen Katie Barton in the future. Like it's all very strange. I'm hoping for a really good twist here, 'cause there has to be something more to all of this.

I also don't want Natasha to be tied to these characters for the rest of her existence. It's not something she would have chosen for herself and I've had enough of Natasha's life being determined by other people.
    Last edited by OOTCS; 01-09-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Completely agree. Maybe she loves them now, but they were created for nefarious purposes and she was forced into that life.

Man I really wish we had an issue this month so we could wrap this arc up and have some idea what lies ahead for Natasha.

I suspect the husband will die but the baby will live and we'll get at least a couple of arcs of Nat as a single mom.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I suspect the husband will die but the baby will live and we'll get at least a couple of arcs of Nat as a single mom.
    Marvel seems ok giving sons to heroes, it is really weird

Black Widow: Disney Plus Debut For Scarlett Johansson Film Reportedly In Consideration
    https://thedirect.com/article/black-...-consideration

JiM.jpg

While waiting for #5 I decided to read an old Nat story by Scott Lobdell published in Journey into Mystery #517-519.

I was surprised how up to date the story felt despite being from the late 90s. I mean it anticipated topics like incel culture, filter bubbles and hate speech at a time when the internet was still in its infancy. So the story is still pretty relevant nowadays.

The art is as to be expected from a 90s book but at least Nat is back to long hair and a suit that somehow resembles her classic 70s style (albeit with some weird 90s attachments) so that was a plus for me as I don't like the precedent grey suit look very much.

The story is a bit contrived but it's enjoyable enough. And it gets bonus points for a Nancy Rushman reference.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    JiM.jpg

While waiting for #5 I decided to read an old Nat story by Scott Lobdell published in Journey into Mystery #517-519.

I was surprised how up to date the story felt despite being from the late 90s. I mean it anticipated topics like incel culture, filter bubbles and hate speech at a time when the internet was still in its infancy. So the story is still pretty relevant nowadays.

The art is as to be expected from a 90s book but at least Nat is back to long hair and a suit that somehow resembles her classic 70s style (albeit with some weird 90s attachments) so that was a plus for me as I don't like the precedent grey suit look very much.

The story is a bit contrived but it's enjoyable enough. And it gets bonus points for a Nancy Rushman reference.
    You've got me interested, I think I might go track that one down.
    The cover looks rad as hell too.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Cool would be interested to read your opinion on it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

You can find this story here, my friend.
    epic collection.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cool would be interested to read your opinion on it.
    I liked it, even the very 90ies art. Say what you will about that decade but colours that pop where a thing then for sure.

While I saw some of the twists (in the van, the identity of the son or what happened after the first fight) coming the ending still managed to surprise me in a positive way.

Some of the stuff the old woman said and how she said it is however very funny in hindsight.

But the best part really is how timely the story feels. If it came out today a bunch of people would get their panties in a twist over the "SJW" writing.

If there is one thing where it kind of falls flat it's Nat's characterization.
    It's a lot more story driven that character driven and while she never feels off she also never shows much personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    You can find this story here, my friend.
    epic collection.jpg
    Oh hey thanks for the heads-up.
    Unfortunately it's already too late haha.
    Would have been easier than tracking the issues down individually because comixology is confusing sometimes but here we are.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 01-14-2021 at 06:01 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I liked it, even the very 90ies art. Say what you will about that decade but colours that pop where a thing then for sure.

While I saw some of the twists (in the van, the identity of the son or what happened after the first fight) coming the ending still managed to surprise me in a positive way.

Some of the stuff the old woman said and how she said it is however very funny in hindsight.

But the best part really is how timely the story feels. If it came out today a bunch of people would get their panties in a twist over the "SJW" writing.

If there is one thing where it kind of falls flat it's Nat's characterization.
    It's a lot more story driven that character driven and while she never feels off she also never shows much personality.
    Haha, Nat is quite self-confident, isn't she?

Regarding the character writing I can see where you're coming from but most of the time we don't really see her actions but only the narration of them, so even if there were more character bits we couldn't really tell if they should be taken for the truth or were just made up. And the real Natasha in the story was trying to deceive someone, so no room for showing much personality here imo.

Haha, Nat is quite self-confident, isn't she?

Regarding the character writing I can see where you're coming from but most of the time we don't really see her actions but only the narration of them, so even if there were more character bits we couldn't really tell if they should be taken for the truth or were just made up. And the real Natasha in the story was trying to deceive someone, so no room for showing much personality here imo.
    Admittedly so, yes.
    I just probably would have preferred a scene or two where that isn't the case but that's entirely subjective and not much of a knock on an otherwise very decent short term spy adventure.

My Twitter

Natasha gets a sick new outfit for issue #6.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...681473024?s=19

My Twitter

Invincible Member

But will she take off her shoes when it's time for action as she repeatedly does in the current arc? ( joking)