Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

So my favourite Reviewer said the movie slaps and when he asked about the Taskmaster thing he said "like i give a f*ck".

Joking aside though I really really enjoyed that one.
    Probably one of my favourite Comic Book Movies and easily my favourite Red Room story in general.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-12-2021 at 05:29 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Another issue to me with the Taskmaster reveal...
    spoilers:

As I said above it 'absolves' nat of killing a kid...as long as you ignore horribly disfiguring her...but it also has the 'redemption' of Antonia and leaving her open to be a good guy after being freed from the mind control by the red stuff. So instead of getting another villain survive to cause problems in the future...we get someone freed from mind control and redeemed.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Your reading comprehension is obviously as bad as your understanding of movie intent. I already derailed the thread enough by encouraging your pointless ramblings so I'll ignore you from now on in the hope that some more serious discussion points arise.
    Yeah once it was clear that he only cared about that, there's no reason to further fuel his argument. Just focus on more interesting discussions.

As much as this film would've made sense if released in 2017, there's something particular compelling about the retcon of something like the vest that Yelena gave to Natasha and all that it meant. This wouldn't have been as compelling if it wasn't an addition after the fact. The idea that this characters carry around all these things that have meanings even we don't yet know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Another issue to me with the Taskmaster reveal...
    spoilers:

As I said above it 'absolves' nat of killing a kid...as long as you ignore horribly disfiguring her...but it also has the 'redemption' of Antonia and leaving her open to be a good guy after being freed from the mind control by the red stuff. So instead of getting another villain survive to cause problems in the future...we get someone freed from mind control and redeemed.
    end of spoilers
    I was honestly surprised that Taskmaster didn't seem angry at Natasha after the whole ordeal was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I was honestly surprised that Taskmaster didn't seem angry at Natasha after the whole ordeal was done.
    I don't think she had any more emotional space to be angry with Natasha after everything her father had put her through, if that makes sense. In the moment, being freed from Dreykov's control was more important than anything else.

Yeah that seemed like the least of Taskys worries.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I kind of thought that was one of the weaker aspects of the film.

Extraordinary Member

Yet another reason I don't like what they did.

They were both victims of the same organisation. Of course, in the real world one would still hold a grudge against someone who blew them up despite the fact they were wronged by the same people but I wouldn't measure a movie by real life standards. I took this as kind of symbolism for solidarity among victims as that was basically the theme of the movie.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

spoilers:
    Got major Cammy White and the Dolls vibes for Yelena Belova and the Widows.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

I really enjoyed the movie and I'm disappointed that this will be the last we see of Scarlett's Natasha. Chris Evans got a whole trilogy, Iron Man got a trilogy, Thor has a trilogy and counting. We get one stand alone movie that was great but now I can only imagine the what ifs and what could have been had BW gotten her film earlier.

I love Yelena and I'm happy to see her continue on in the MCU, but I can't get over how dirty they did Nat and how Yelena is already better set up than Nat was coming out of Iron Man 2 and Avengers. Le sigh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I really enjoyed the movie and I'm disappointed that this will be the last we see of Scarlett's Natasha. Chris Evans got a whole trilogy, Iron Man got a trilogy, Thor has a trilogy and counting. We get one stand alone movie that was great but now I can only imagine the what ifs and what could have been had BW gotten her film earlier.

I love Yelena and I'm happy to see her continue on in the MCU, but I can't get over how dirty they did Nat and how Yelena is already better set up than Nat was coming out of Iron Man 2 and Avengers. Le sigh.

I agree. It is what it is. But I guess he MCU just couldnt pull the trigger on a BW film. The story behind that is probably an ugly one. That will be told one day.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Just got out of the movie theatre, my first visit since the pandemic started ... good lord, 19 months? Anyway, I LOVED it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post

This was my one negative feeling about the movie. It made me sad that we aren't getting a trilogy of movies with Black Widow. So very unfair.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

This was my one negative feeling about the movie. It made me sad that we aren't getting a trilogy of movies with Black Widow. So very unfair.
    I don't know about trilogy but we had a duology right there.

The budapest mission and her recruitment into the avengers would be one, the movie we got would be the sequel.

Seeing the mission and seeing her be a Widow would have been amazing and moreover would have made the current film so much better.

There's a chance we'll see some flashbacks of her in the Hawkeye show I suppose but yeah seeing one finally realised makes me feel even sadder that this is all we'll ever get.

I know in the beginning Perlmutter was a huge problem but by the time he was gone Black Widow shouldn't have been a secondary concern.

If nothing else a street level secret avengers film with her in the lead role should have been a thing.

My Twitter