Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I love the red lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Natasha gets a sick new outfit for issue #6.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...681473024?s=19
    Looks interesting but get rid of that hood, please!
    Last edited by Winterboy; 01-15-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It reminds me of how Phil Noto drew her suit.

Kinda hope it's just temporary though.

Ugh. Just no. Why ruin a great outfit...

Also looks like Peggy Carter in the current Cap arc.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It reminds me of how Phil Noto drew her suit.

Kinda hope it's just temporary though.
    Tbh I think it will be just that but I dig the hell out of it.

The only thing I find a bit weird is that the otherwise great jacket is designed to leave out her boobs.
    Kinda would have preferred it to be an actual jacket in that regard.
    Either that or just sleeves with a hood.

But that's just an odd little detail.

And the blood stripes are Hella cool.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

There's a little interview with Elena Casagrande out that talks about the style choices, and the suit seems to be a product of the plot, a necessary change for what's ahead for Natasha. I doubt it'll stick around. That said, I'm really digging it too. I find it really fun when characters get to mix it up some, and this is a cool and interesting design. The jacket apparently has a parachute, so that could be the reason for the straps that give the illusion of a boob window instead of the full jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    There's a little interview with Elena Casagrande out that talks about the style choices, and the suit seems to be a product of the plot, a necessary change for what's ahead for Natasha. I doubt it'll stick around. That said, I'm really digging it too. I find it really fun when characters get to mix it up some, and this is a cool and interesting design. The jacket apparently has a parachute, so that could be the reason for the straps that give the illusion of a boob window instead of the full jacket.
    It looks a bit like a "stealth suit" with the hood (even though it has red lining).

So guest artist on #6 is Rafael de Latorre. Never heard of him. But then again not even Acuna or Guice could make that suit work for me so it doesn't matter.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But will she take off her shoes when it's time for action as she repeatedly does in the current arc? ( joking)
    Well, of course! Nat can't do her thing in heels! HA!

Meanwhile, not exactly a fan of the new duds, but I think I can warm up to it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Oh wow that does make more sense now, you are right.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I didn't link the interview since it's a different comic book site (which I'm unsure is allowed), but there's a few interesting tidbits in it. Makes me even more curious of how the current arc will end.

I do love how well thought out this new costume seems though in it's functionality. It's not just meant to look cool.

Gotcha, I tracked it down myself. I feel like we are in for a very interesting arc. Very different if nothing else.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, of course! Nat can't do her thing in heels! HA!

Meanwhile, not exactly a fan of the new duds, but I think I can warm up to it.
    Ironically enough after they brought back the heels .

So looks like #6 will be a standalone issue with a different artist, and then Elena is back for at least 7-10.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Attachment 104736

While waiting for #5 I decided to read an old Nat story by Scott Lobdell published in Journey into Mystery #517-519.

I was surprised how up to date the story felt despite being from the late 90s. I mean it anticipated topics like incel culture, filter bubbles and hate speech at a time when the internet was still in its infancy. So the story is still pretty relevant nowadays.

The art is as to be expected from a 90s book but at least Nat is back to long hair and a suit that somehow resembles her classic 70s style (albeit with some weird 90s attachments) so that was a plus for me as I don't like the precedent grey suit look very much.

The story is a bit contrived but it's enjoyable enough. And it gets bonus points for a Nancy Rushman reference.
    None of this was new just because of the internet. Those attitudes and folks just moved on line. You must be a bit young and not well versed in history.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime