Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Have to say I don't find this whole Apogee affair intriguing at all. Too bad the solicits say he'll still be around in the next arc...
    I think I need to re-read the arc, because it feels like I've heard his name more than I've seen him on panel or learned anything about him. But if he's sticking around, maybe it's a long game, and we'll get more development as time goes on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    If she knows post-OMD, it's never been mentioned. If she figured it out on her own pre-OMD, like in chicago_bastard's example, it wouldn't have carried over to present day, because Mephisto made everyone forget. The way I see it, she probably never put in the effort to learn Spider-Man's secret identity—at least not post-OMD. If she did, she would likely be able to figure it out, but it doesn't trouble her, so she lets him keep his secret.

What I would like an answer to is whether she knows Daredevil's secret identity. She must remember living with him and Matt Murdock at the same time, and given the fact that she was the one who helped him the most with the fallout when his identity was first revealed, it doesn't seem right that she wouldn't know. His other (living) ex-girlfriends forgot, but Kirsten still thinks they're two separate people, with Matt being her ex-boyfriend and Daredevil being a superhero that Matt interacts with a lot. Elektra also started out thinking that Matt was her ex-boyfriend and Daredevil was a separate person, but she recently figured out on her own that they're the same. But both Kirsten and Elektra fell in love with Matt Murdock primarily, and it just so happened that Matt Murdock was also Daredevil (especially Elektra, who knew Matt before he even became Daredevil).

With Natasha, she met him first as Daredevil, but she found out his secret identity almost immediately. She has more in common with Daredevil, and she was publicly linked to Daredevil, but she was such close friends with him for such a long time that the line between Daredevil and Matt Murdock barely exists. In Web of Black Widow (2019), Natasha is shown crashing on Matt's couch and talking about personal things in her life, which she wouldn't do unless she remembered their history. It's not explicitly stated, but I think she has to know. Either she recovered all of her original memories from the Weeping Lion in Waid's run, or from the Red Room telepath in Tales of Suspense, or she just put two and two together the way that Elektra did. She can't know as much as she does about both of his identities without knowing that they're the same person.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

I forget how many major romances Nat has had.Bucky, Clint and Matt.

I think she knows about Matt

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Have to say I don't find this whole Apogee affair intriguing at all. Too bad the solicits say he'll still be around in the next arc...
    Same.

I liked the book when it was nat centered as well, this team isn't doing it for me.
    And some of the dialogue is bad.

I am conflicted about this arc. I feel like it teeters on something interesting, but it feels really drawn out. Like reading this issue I was surprised when I reached the end and had a "that's it?" moment 'cause I feel like not a lot happened. I do appreciate that we're seeing a Natasha that knows she can trust people instead of the "burned all bridges, can't rely on anyone" schtick of previous solos, but it's lacking something. Urgency? Intrigue? I'm not sure. The art and colouring continues to be absolutely spectacular though, and I look forward to this book for how pretty it is if nothing else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cover variant
    Hot damn that looks cool as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    I put him on the ignore list days ago, to see the same message on so many thread was very annoying.
    Months if not years ahead of you

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I am conflicted about this arc. I feel like it teeters on something interesting, but it feels really drawn out. Like reading this issue I was surprised when I reached the end and had a "that's it?" moment 'cause I feel like not a lot happened. I do appreciate that we're seeing a Natasha that knows she can trust people instead of the "burned all bridges, can't rely on anyone" schtick of previous solos, but it's lacking something. Urgency? Intrigue? I'm not sure. The art and colouring continues to be absolutely spectacular though, and I look forward to this book for how pretty it is if nothing else lol.
    It's kind of a problem I do have with a lot of the comics I read right now (granted it's not a huge list):
    I enjoy one or two aspects quite a bit but it doesn't come together as a whole.
    I still enjoy it a lot more than Nat's last actual ongoing but it feels like we are building up to something without really teasing what it might be.
    With the last arc we had the intrigue of "oh what's going on" now there's little to talk about since we just have to wait and see.

There is however every possibility that this will be one of those arcs that just comes together neatly when read in one single sitting.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Scarlett's suing Marvel! Disney+ cost her income apparently.
    https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-scar...aming-release/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Sad to see Disney doing this if the allegations are true. I was really hoping that Black Widow would be a massive hit (tracking in early 2020 was predicting a massive box office near or at $1 billion) that would raise this character’s profile and perhaps lead to a series of interquel films set before Infinity War and/or Endgame. Now the movie has become another COVID casualty with the streaming drama overshadowing discussion of the actual film.

Disney's response to her "Yadda Yadda you so selfish, Yadda Yadda covid" almost makes them look worse than not letting the actors update their contract in the first place.

I do get people who are like "multi millionaire sues billion dollar company why should I care" but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if ScarJo was taking the bullet here for the other actors who may not want to anger big daddy Disney when they still have possible appearances on the horizon while she is very much done and if she gets through they'd have to do that for everyone.
    Maybe I'm giving her too much credit idk.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    Sad to see Disney doing this if the allegations are true. I was really hoping that Black Widow would be a massive hit (tracking in early 2020 was predicting a massive box office near or at $1 billion) that would raise this character’s profile and perhaps lead to a series of interquel films set before Infinity War and/or Endgame. Now the movie has become another COVID casualty with the streaming drama overshadowing discussion of the actual film.
    The dropoff had been massive.It had a great opening but couldn't keep it up.How much has it made after the opening?

And from what I do understand Scar jo vs disney Scar jo is in the right here and should win.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 01:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Disney's response to her "Yadda Yadda you so selfish, Yadda Yadda covid" almost makes them look worse than not letting the actors update their contract in the first place.

I do get people who are like "multi millionaire sues billion dollar company why should I care" but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if ScarJo was taking the bullet here for the other actors who may not want to anger big daddy Disney when they still have possible appearances on the horizon while she is very much done and if she gets through they'd have to do that for everyone.
    Maybe I'm giving her too much credit idk.
    Yeah, that was stupid.All those people and this is what they could come up with.

I really doubt any actor/actress specially one at her experience and point in career would do this for someone else.Isn't she loosing like a whole lot of money because of this.Others are too but I severely doubt she would sue if not for her loss, although this is something she could use for herself.

I do hope she wins but I don't care if she loses as well with her being a multi-millionare and stuff(also complaining and dragging the movie and by extent the franchise that made her who she is through the mud kinda rubbed of the wrong at least to me).

Hopefully this(streaming) doesn't affect future stars specially smaller ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I don't know how many people I speak for here, but at least for myself, it would be great if instead of using every character's appreciation thread to talk about how wonderful it would be if they were a Spider-Man supporting character, you would keep this kind of talk to the Spider-Man forums.
    A good angle to bring the Spider-readers over to Black Widow's camp. Cross promotion that has less to do with Spider-Man and more to do with Parker's inventions helping the Black Widow on her missions. Peter Parker becomes part of Nat's intelligence Team who develops equipment to help her out.

They're already trying to bring Spidey fans over to Nat's comic, lol. Anya Corazon, Spider-Girl, is on Natasha's team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're already trying to bring Spidey fans over to Nat's comic, lol. Anya Corazon, Spider-Girl, is on Natasha's team.
    Anya's fanbase isn't comparable to Peter's in the slightest.Heck even Nat out-matches her pretty bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A good angle to bring the Spider-readers over to Black Widow's camp. Cross promotion that has less to do with Spider-Man and more to do with Parker's inventions helping the Black Widow on her missions. Peter Parker becomes part of Nat's intelligence Team who develops equipment to help her out.
    Yeah, I can see this.Horizon labs is what his day job is.

Doesn't need to be much, just use him like Zdarsky does in DD.

I mean y'all found your way here easily enough I don't see why that requires Spidey playing NPC in Nat's book.

My Twitter