Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Men have a lot more agency in superhero films than females do, including female led films like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

Preview looks good, so does Lucy's new outfit for that matter. Kinda gives me sci fi vibes but that might just be because it resembles what the comics made Mara Jade wear in the 90ies haha.

On a much more important note: Still happy to see Nat going the heroic route here.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Preview looks good, so does Lucy's new outfit for that matter. Kinda gives me sci fi vibes but that might just be because it resembles what the comics made Mara Jade wear in the 90ies haha.

On a much more important note: Still happy to see Nat going the heroic route here.
    I feel like I know the sleeveless tracksuit look from some character...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Men have a lot more agency in superhero films than females do, including female led films like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.
    Could you elaborate?

And how is that related to s*xualization?

I gotta say Captain marvel had the most agency in her movie, same with Wonder Woman.You wanna back that up w/ why you think so?

And if that's the complaint then give them more agency, I'm not saying females in superhero movies don't have problems in their depiction btw.

Just that people only talk about female s*xualization as some great evil and in everything when male s*xualization is just as much if not more than that.So why not just call it s*xulization in general, either you have a problem w/ both or none.Saying one is bad while the other is cool is gender bias(which is the opposite of gender equality a.k.a. feminism).Seems backward to me.

Could you reply in a pm, don't want to de-rail further.Only said that stuff here since it was fresh on my mind then.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-21-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Pick up Winter Guard on Wednesday. It’s beautiful. I wish the main Avengers title was this good.
    Might pick it up.
    How much of it is Nat, and what's the general premise?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You're not a member of this team until you end up with a form-fitting bodysuit, although I guess exposing your arms is a valid fashion choice .
    My usual complaint...why would a non-super strong/durable character risk exposing too much bare skin to enemy fire?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Might pick it up.
    How much of it is Nat, and what's the general premise?
    Not much, but there’s lots of Yelena. Plus the art is gorgeous, and we get some characterization for these really interesting characters.

As far as their lack of agency in the films, I’m at work, and work nights. I’ll be able to go in depth in how these women lacked agency in their films on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    My usual complaint...why would a non-super strong/durable character risk exposing too much bare skin to enemy fire?
    I'll never understand that complaint. Nothing about these comics is realistic so why should their clothes be?

And who knows, maybe the Widows will call Lucy out on her design choice. Would be funny if Yelena gives her that lecture after running around with a bare midriff for two decades
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Not much, but there’s lots of Yelena. Plus the art is gorgeous, and we get some characterization for these really interesting characters.

As far as their lack of agency in the films, I’m at work, and work nights. I’ll be able to go in depth in how these women lacked agency in their films on my day off.
    Sounds cool, will consider picking it up.
    No prob, take all the time you need

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I'll never understand that complaint. Nothing about these comics is realistic so why should their clothes be?

And who knows, maybe the Widows will call Lucy out on her design choice. Would be funny if Yelena gives her that lecture after running around with a bare midriff for two decades
    Completely agree.I mean "humans" survive building level explosion and gunfire w/ ease too.Clothes get ripped way easier and conviniently as well.

Looks like the new What if episode airing on Wednesday will feature Natasha and Fury.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Looks like the new What if episode airing on Wednesday will feature Natasha and Fury.
    I think it's the "Murder Mystery" episode where the original Avengers are getting killed during "Fury's Big Week," and Natasha ends up getting framed for killing Tony during the diner scene in IM2 (unless she's actually the killer, I think there was another clip that showed her fighting a Hulk in a military uniform).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Completely agree.I mean "humans" survive building level explosion and gunfire w/ ease too.Clothes get ripped way easier and conviniently as well.
    Just something I find annoying...Not so much a thing for me with someone like Carol Danvers who is pretty much invulnerable...but a 'normal' human without protection just annoys me. I think I remember an X-Men issue where Psylocke slides along metal floors with her bare legs...she would bet torn up doing that in real life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just something I find annoying...Not so much a thing for me with someone like Carol Danvers who is pretty much invulnerable...but a 'normal' human without protection just annoys me. I think I remember an X-Men issue where Psylocke slides along metal floors with her bare legs...she would bet torn up doing that in real life.
    If there was any realism in comics about normal humans they would all be dead thousand times over even w/ gear.
    Costumes are aesthetic, and Psylocke's is a great one, let's keep it.Like Wanda's was not all that great and the new one is good but not every costume should be replaced for that.