Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dig that they are using Alan Silvestri's Red Ledger theme.

Is that Rumlow? Too bad she didn't stay to kick his ass.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I dig that they are using Alan Silvestri's Red Ledger theme.

Is that Rumlow? Too bad she didn't stay to kick his ass.
    Oh that’s awesome!! Did not expect this show of all things to utilize that.

Haven't seen the episode yet because work and stuff but I've read the new issue and it's probably my favourite of this arc yet.

Didn't see that appearance coming.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I don't know who was playing her but the actress did a great job channeling Scarlet's Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I don't know who was playing her but the actress did a great job channeling Scarlet's Natasha.
    Lake Bell. She also voices Poison Ivy in Harley Quinn.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I feel like I know the sleeveless tracksuit look from some character...
    When I looked at that preview I had the same thought...who else have I seen in totally sleeveless outfit design?

I also am unsure the context you folks are using "agency".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Lake Bell. She also voices Poison Ivy in Harley Quinn.
    Yeah, it's kind of funny that she goes from voicing a snarky redhead in black leather to playing...another snarky redhead in black leather. And she even played Widow in a Robot Chicken episode, apparently .

That scene where she hands the guy the handcuffs before breaking out was peak Widow .

(I sometimes forget how snarky MCU Widow is).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Haven't seen the episode yet because work and stuff but I've read the new issue and it's probably my favourite of this arc yet.

Didn't see that appearance coming.
    Think I liked #6 a bit better but this was all in all a good finish. That spoilers:
    hero shot on the last page
    end of spoilers was definitely cool.

spoilers:
    Yeah are these two even that close so that Kate would be someone Nat would consider calling in? I don't remember them being on panel together besides that wife issue in Fraction's Hawkeye run and that was hardly a build-up for a relationship.
    end of spoilers

Think I liked #6 a bit better but this was all in all a good finish. That spoilers:
    hero shot on the last page
    end of spoilers was definitely cool.

spoilers:
    Yeah are these two even that close so that Kate would be someone Nat would consider calling in? I don't remember them being on panel together besides that wife issue in Fraction's Hawkeye run and that was hardly a build-up for a relationship.
    end of spoilers
    I found the arc as a whole really slow, but quite enjoyed this latest issue. It was a good conclusion, and I really like Lucy's character. The art is stellar as always.

spoilers:
    I think she called in Kate because she needed help ASAP and Kate is one of the heroes that's currently on the West Coast and could get there quickly. Most of Nat's go to people are probably in New York.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    If Kate is truly leaving the hip holes behind, at least they got to be drawn by Elena Casagrande.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, it's kind of funny that she goes from voicing a snarky redhead in black leather to playing...another snarky redhead in black leather. And she even played Widow in a Robot Chicken episode, apparently .

That scene where she hands the guy the handcuffs before breaking out was peak Widow.

(I sometimes forget how snarky MCU Widow is).
    Guess in that timeline there won't be an elevator fight for Cap so a van fight for Nat does it, too.

Didn't know about the Robot Chicken episode and just googled it, apparently Jon Bernthal voiced Hawkeye. Would feel weird to me picturing Frank Castle every time Clint opens his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I found the arc as a whole really slow, but quite enjoyed this latest issue. It was a good conclusion, and I really like Lucy's character. The art is stellar as always.

spoilers:
    I think she called in Kate because she needed help ASAP and Kate is one of the heroes that's currently on the West Coast and could get there quickly. Most of Nat's go to people are probably in New York.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah that makes sense. I'm still wondering if I missed earlier meetings between them.

I like Lucy, too. Should definitely stick around. I also thought it's funny that after all the complaints about her sleeveless look her design choice turned out to be pretty convenient in the end.

Guess in that timeline there won't be an elevator fight for Cap so a van fight for Nat does it, too.

Didn't know about the Robot Chicken episode and just googled it, apparently Jon Bernthal voiced Hawkeye. Would feel weird to me picturing Frank Castle every time Clint opens his mouth.

Yeah that makes sense. I'm still wondering if I missed earlier meetings between them.

I like Lucy, too. Should definitely stick around. I also thought it's funny that after all the complaints about her sleeveless look her design choice turned out to be pretty convenient in the end.
    I like to think Clint just regularly chatted with her on the phone about Kate while they were together in the west coast avengers or something.

Afterall it too was written by Kelly ;D
    But I headcannon Heroes just casually vibing when they aren't busy saving the world all the time.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I wonder if Thompason had a longer run on Kate's solo if she would have worked in a Widow team-up.

Well hopefully the next writer of Kate's book makes use of the favor tease and we get that team-up there.

The Winter Guard book is surprisingly in line with Nat's solo series. Sadly that includes the sidecut and the new suit...

But overall I liked it. First time I wasn't annoyed by the Red Widow character, her digs at Nat and Yelena were funny.