Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Well hopefully the next writer of Kate's book makes use of the favor tease and we get that team-up there.

The Winter Guard book is surprisingly in line with Nat's solo series. Sadly that includes the sidecut and the new suit...

But overall I liked it. First time I wasn't annoyed by the Red Widow character, her digs at Nat and Yelena were funny.
    Casagrande is, like, one of the only artists who can make the new look work, especially the sidecut .

Apparently Nat isn't done with the MCU: https://thedirect.com/article/black-...on-2-exclusive
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Not surprising but certainly reassuring.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Casagrande is, like, one of the only artists who can make the new look work, especially the sidecut .
    There is a new Marvel Infinity comic drawn by Anny Maulina that makes use of the outfit and it looks pretty stylish.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Preview for #11: https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/09/09/...lack-widow-11/

Hot take: De Latorre's Natasha looks better than Casagrande's. But maybe it's just that wearing a cool leather jacket instead of the failed suit improves her look a lot.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Just saw Black Widow in the theater again...nearly had the whole theater to myself...while previews were running 5 other people came in.

Still disappointed in how Alexei was portrayed....fat, drunk and stupid was a poor execution for someone who is supposed to be a national hero. Would have preferred him be portrayed more like a hardened spec ops guy. After the jail break have him shave and cut his hair as sort of a 'rebirth' moment and not be fat and having to force himself into the suit.

I do like that they did show that he does love Natasha and Yelena...in a clumsy, difficult to show emotion sort of way...that is something they did right by him.

Too bad they do not do One Shots anymore...because seeing that Alexei really did fight a Captain America in the 80s would be an interesting thing (to me at least). Maybe Cap of the 80s could have been William Naslund or David Rickford.

As for Yelena....they do need to keep The Day The Music Died as her song. Is she is driving it needs to be on the radio, or in a bar she needs to play it on the juke box. And keep the pics of her and Natasha as kids as well.

Story details for #13 which will be a flashback issue: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/10/ma...idow-13-story/

To make up for me not liking the current suit they make a whole issue with the one suit I like even less.

Natasha forming a team of people who quip and talk on and on .

To be honest I still feel a little jipped after those opening issues with the classic costume and hair.

Extraordinary Member

Thoughts on Stevie....he was cloned from samples taken from Natasha and "James"....did that process pass on the SSS in Natasha's system? We know blood transfusions (Eli) and procreation (Nick Fury Jr.) can pass along chemical augmentation....but what about using genetic material from someone and cloning...will that also replicate the augmentation? It could explain how capable the lad is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just saw Black Widow in the theater again...nearly had the whole theater to myself...while previews were running 5 other people came in.

Still disappointed in how Alexei was portrayed....fat, drunk and stupid was a poor execution for someone who is supposed to be a national hero. Would have preferred him be portrayed more like a hardened spec ops guy. After the jail break have him shave and cut his hair as sort of a 'rebirth' moment and not be fat and having to force himself into the suit.

I do like that they did show that he does love Natasha and Yelena...in a clumsy, difficult to show emotion sort of way...that is something they did right by him.

Too bad they do not do One Shots anymore...because seeing that Alexei really did fight a Captain America in the 80s would be an interesting thing (to me at least). Maybe Cap of the 80s could have been William Naslund or David Rickford.

As for Yelena....they do need to keep The Day The Music Died as her song. Is she is driving it needs to be on the radio, or in a bar she needs to play it on the juke box. And keep the pics of her and Natasha as kids as well.
    Not even that, just let him do one thing.Like break them out of prison, or when they get attacked get tranqed by covering Yelena instead of just standing there, this is a veteran super soldier w/ years of experience btw.

Love the One shot idea.

Also him talking about cap instead of his kids is definitely his coping mechanism, wish we saw more of that.

Yelena was really good, and hopefully Nat isn't forgotten after her Hawkeye thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Story details for #13 which will be a flashback issue: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/10/ma...idow-13-story/

To make up for me not liking the current suit they make a whole issue with the one suit I like even less.
    Whaaaaaat?!

I adore the grey suit (as if the avatar didn’t illustrate that, haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Natasha forming a team of people who quip and talk on and on .

To be honest I still feel a little jipped after those opening issues with the classic costume and hair.
    She only had that look in issue 1.

If you don't like the side shave hair, the circumstances of how she got it - while brainwashed (was the cut done in order to put that implant in that was supposed to suppress her memory, I wonder?) - means she didn't really choose to get it. Haven't the last few issues been set over only a few days? Makes sense that she keeps it for now as she hasn't had time to grow it out. I wouldn't expect it to last past this run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Whaaaaaat?!

I adore the grey suit (as if the avatar didn’t illustrate that, haha)
    Could never get behind that look, that hairstyle, that collar, everything screams so 80s to me and in my opinion that wasn't a particular great decade in terms of fashion

Is your avatar by Joe Chiodo? Have to say his version is the only one of her in the grey suit that I like, but guess that's because I dig his style in general. Still wish he had also drawn her in the classic suit since I believe that would easily make my personal top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Thoughts on Stevie....he was cloned from samples taken from Natasha and "James"....did that process pass on the SSS in Natasha's system? We know blood transfusions (Eli) and procreation (Nick Fury Jr.) can pass along chemical augmentation....but what about using genetic material from someone and cloning...will that also replicate the augmentation? It could explain how capable the lad is.
    As with everything in comics it'll depend on what the writer who picks up from there decides. I'm sure in the future someone will introduce teenage Stevie, it's just too tempting of a storyline to leave it be, and then we'll know. But that'll take some time.

I don't think there's ever been a Natasha look I haven't liked. The 90s Crossing-era costume isn't great, but compared with other characters' 90s costumes, she clearly got off lucky.