Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

New Old Woman Widow Wasteland oneshot coming

That said it doesn't necessarily mention Natasha by name and we actually saw her die alongside her and Clint's Avenger team in that timeline so I'm totally prepared for it being actually Yelena or something.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

That said it doesn't necessarily mention Natasha by name and we actually saw her die alongside her and Clint's Avenger team in that timeline so I'm totally prepared for it being actually Yelena or something.
    The power of grey hair to obscure a characters' identity .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The power of grey hair to obscure a characters' identity .
    Look I just read the Ms Marvel Arc where Carol is two people and moonstone is dressed as Carol. Everyone looks the same to me today.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Clint and Logan are both dead and they're in it too, I think this is set before the original Old Man Logan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Clint and Logan are both dead and they're in it too, I think this is set before the original Old Man Logan.
    Sure but Logan made it to 616 and Clint died in Old Man Logan.
    Natasha died with all the heroes before the Wasteland was even a thing.

My Twitter

Why is she wearing a bathrobe over her suit?

Yeah, in the description they are even hinting at somebody else being behind the moniker ("but who is she?") so you are probably right. That said I don't really care about Nat being in that kind of story. Would appreciate it more if she were in Devil's Reign but with Thompson's decision to move her to San Francisco I guess chances are slim. The biggest crossover ever for a street level fan and Nat is missing out, disappointing...
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Especially as it's a Daredevil centric event. Nat used to co-star in his book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Have they actually ever done something together again? I only know she was a co-star because I've seen the covers and because the Edmondson run mentioned it.
    Never been all that interested in good old DD.

My Twitter

Have they actually ever done something together again? I only know she was a co-star because I've seen the covers and because the Edmondson run mentioned it.
    She still appeared frequently in Matt's book after the co-star gig, e.g. in Miller's run, in Nocenti's run, in Kevin Smith's run (but let's forget about that...), in Bendis' run. So besides Spidey I'd say she is the most frequent guest star outside of his supporting cast (counting Elektra to his supporting cast here), so normally she would be expected in such a crossover. But as this will be centered around New York heroes it doesn't seem likely.

Oh and vice versa Daredevil appeared in both Grayson minis, the Morgan run, and the Edmondson run. They also worked together in the Marvel Knights team.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 09-15-2021 at 07:49 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    She still appeared frequently in Matt's book after the co-star gig, e.g. in Miller's run, in Nocenti's run, in Kevin Smith's run (but let's forget about that...), in Bendis' run. So besides Spidey I'd say she is the most frequent guest star outside of his supporting cast (counting Elektra to his supporting cast here), so normally she would be expected in such a crossover. But as this will be centered around New York heroes it doesn't seem likely.
    Not to mention Anya is out in San Francisco as well...so that leaves her out. Would be nice for a tie in to have them deal with something on the left coast that relates.

Invincible Member

Probably a decent amount over the years. She guest starred a couple of times during Frank Miller's DD run. A least once ( that I can think ) of in Denny O'Neil's DD. She showed up in Kevin Smith's "Guardian Devil". And a few times over the course of Bendis's DD run. At one point in the late 80's Steve Englehart was going to take over DD and he was planning to make Black Widow part of the main cast. Although that ended up not happening, he was writing a West Coast Avengers Annual and Nat has a few panels where she's thinking about going off to join him.

Daredevil showed up in the Devin Grayson Black Widow minis.

Invincible Member

LOL! Chicago Bastard beat me to it!

Oh and vice versa Daredevil appeared in both Grayson minis, the Morgan run, and the Edmondson run. They also worked together in the Marvel Knights team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Probably a decent amount over the years. She guest starred a couple of times during Frank Miller's DD run. A least once ( that I can think ) of in Denny O'Neil's DD. She showed up in Kevin Smith's "Guardian Devil". And a few times over the course of Bendis's DD run. At one point in the late 80's Steve Englehart was going to take over DD and he was planning to make Black Widow part of the main cast. Although that ended up not happening, he was writing a West Coast Avengers Annual and Nat has a few panels where she's thinking about going off to join him.

Daredevil showed up in the Devin Grayson Black Widow minis.
    Dang I read most of those (outside the Daredevil solos) and don't remember a thing.
    Guess I'll have to reread some Widow material sometime soon.

My Twitter

Now that I think about it it's striking how Natasha's and Matt's interactions have decreased in the last 15 years. Until around 2006 Matt was easily the most important figure for her. Since Brubaker introduced Bucky as her love interest and the MCU put the focus on her relationship with Clint these two have pretty much marginalized Matt in Natasha's life.

Now that I think about it it's striking how Natasha's and Matt's interactions have decreased in the last 15 years. Until around 2006 Matt was easily the most important figure for her. Since Brubaker introduced Bucky as her love interest and the MCU put the focus on her relationship with Clint these two have pretty much marginalized Matt in Natasha's life.
    It's kind of funny that Waid/Samnee did Daredevil and Black Widow runs but never had them interact, from what I remember.