Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast

I liked it, too. What's interesting is that in a lot of ways, this Black Widow run reminds me of the current Daredevil run, even though neither of them has shown up at all in the other's book.

Anyway, am I the only one laughing about how we all tried to predict which person in Natasha's life is "the only man the Black Widow fears" and then it turns out to be a new character altogether? So long to all of those theories!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I liked it, too. What's interesting is that in a lot of ways, this Black Widow run reminds me of the current Daredevil run, even though neither of them has shown up at all in the other's book.

Anyway, am I the only one laughing about how we all tried to predict which person in Natasha's life is "the only man the Black Widow fears" and then it turns out to be a new character altogether? So long to all of those theories!
    Yeah, also they've done a lot to separate the 2 IMO.DD and Widow used to be close but now they aren't part of each other's "circle".

I have to admit it's kinda disappointing, not from a fan theory prespective but from a storytelling one.This kind of "a big thing in the past that never came up" is not for me, I'll still buy the next one though.Way too curious

Does she still not remember Matt Murdock is Daredevil?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does she still not remember Matt Murdock is Daredevil?
    It was never made explicitly clear, but she slept on his couch and told him her troubles in a recent run, so she remembers part of their history, at least. If she doesn't know that he's Darew, she at least knows that he has connections to the superhero community.

Originally, when the Daredevil memory wipe was explained, there was a clause that if someone started to figure out that he was Daredevil, they would have a mental block preventing them from putting the pieces together. But Elektra figured it out, no problem, in the current run. So I figure that if Elektra can, Natasha can, too.

Extraordinary Member

It was never made explicitly clear, but she slept on his couch and told him her troubles in a recent run, so she remembers part of their history, at least. If she doesn't know that he's Darew, she at least knows that he has connections to the superhero community.

Originally, when the Daredevil memory wipe was explained, there was a clause that if someone started to figure out that he was Daredevil, they would have a mental block preventing them from putting the pieces together. But Elektra figured it out, no problem, in the current run. So I figure that if Elektra can, Natasha can, too.
    IIRC...Matt told Elektra because he thought she should know because Elektra was remembering having relationships with both Matt and DD at the same time. I would think Matt would at least show Natasha the same courtesy.

I think Nat had a cameo in the current DD run as one of the attendants of Daredevil's trial. A little acknowledgement of their history at least.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

#12 was good. The new bad guy has me intrigued.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Enjoying the run, the pay off is happening. Slow burn is turning into a nice heat, curious about "the man BW fears". His look reminds me of an "Agent" from the Matrix a bit.

Clint to Lucy: You need to make your emblem bigger
    I guess I missed she had something there. She doesn't have a codename yet, any guesses? Something tied to electricity that hasn't already been used?

This is the first time that the book felt like (a version of) Birds of Prey to me. That is not a knock, I've enjoyed several runs of that series in its forms.
    Natasha = Barbara
    Yelena = Diana
    Anya = Stephanie
    Lucy = Cassandra
    Bucky = Dick
    Clint = guest star
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I guess I missed she had something there. She doesn't have a codename yet, any guesses? Something tied to electricity that hasn't already been used?
    The "joke" there is that Lucy's costume completely covers her and doesn't let anything from her to be seen but her face. It's because of his comment that Lucy makes a face of embarrassment and Nat cuts him off.

She was before called Marigold, but have no idea how that relates to electricity. Oddly enough, something like Ghost-Spider could have fit, assuming she would be able to use her electricity powers to fly. Maybe Spider/Widow-Shock?

Heh, just thought of something funny, since spider use electricity to fly, maybe Lucy and Anya can combine their powers to fly when they're together.

This is the first time that the book felt like (a version of) Birds of Prey to me. That is not a knock, I've enjoyed several runs of that series in its forms.
    Natasha = Barbara
    Yelena = Diana
    Anya = Stephanie
    Lucy = Cassandra
    Bucky = Dick
    Clint = guest star
    Heh, I like the comparison of Anya and Lucy with Steph and Cass!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    The "joke" there is that Lucy's costume completely covers her and doesn't let anything from her to be seen but her face. It's because of his comment that Lucy makes a face of embarrassment and Nat cuts him off.
    Not at all how I read the situation.
    The joke is that he is casually chatting about unimportant matters like custome design and Nat cuts him off to get serious.
    I also read Lucy's expression as glancing down to her Logo on the belt (which is pretty small) but I can see how it can be seen as insecurity too. Not necessarily embarrassment.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

She was before called Marigold, but have no idea how that relates to electricity. Oddly enough, something like Ghost-Spider could have fit, assuming she would be able to use her electricity powers to fly. Maybe Spider/Widow-Shock?
    Marigold was a fake ID Lucy was using before joined forces with the Widow team (remember, she was a pickpocket, not smart to use your real name if you're a criminal), it's not connected to her powers at all. She was probably using the name before she even had her powers.

The Marvel Database wiki is incorrectly using it as her superhero codename - if it was her superhero name, she'd have been referred to as that in the latest issue, everyone else was captioned with their codenames, but she was just labelled "Lucy Nguyen" - they'll have a few edits to do when her actual codename is revealed.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Widow_Vol_8_12

Are her powers bio-electric, like Jessica and Miles's venom attacks? If so, Bioshock would be a decent name... the only problem is that there's a video game called that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Enjoying the run, the pay off is happening. Slow burn is turning into a nice heat, curious about "the man BW fears". His look reminds me of an "Agent" from the Matrix a bit.

Natasha = Barbara
    Yelena = Diana
    Anya = Stephanie
    Lucy = Cassandra
    Bucky = Dick
    Clint = guest star
    Now I can see Anya coming up with the Spiders of Prey as their team name.

Guess with Diana you meant Dinah? Besides the hair color I don't see many similarities between her and Yelena. I'd rather pick Huntress as Yelena's counterpart since she is the most ruthless and least hesitant to kill on the BoP team as is Yelena for the spiders since Nat has become a softie (that said I'm happy to see her deliver head shots again in this issue, so hopefully it was only temporary).

Also they basically share the same first name. And they are both known for wearing belly free costumes.^^
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

R.I.P.

Having to wait till January until we get to see the new evil guy evil-ing about is unfortunate.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

So Marvel doesn't even inform the writers when they decide to delay release dates and KT learns about it through some random comic shop account instead?