Default Two (three counting joker 2) batman films at the same time in theatres!

Two batman films at the same time. Three if you count joker 2. The out of canon reeves batman and now the dcu batman will his own movies. Ben will be recast as batman after flash confirmed.

BANNED

Emphasizing that they feel they only have one well to draw from doesn't seem like the brightest move to me.

Incredible Member

I think they are trying to beat Marvel to the punch on the multiverse. Not a bad strategy tbh. However the key is they must be good films. If the films are good I don't think anyone cares that there are multiple versions of the same character at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I think they are trying to beat Marvel to the punch on the multiverse. Not a bad strategy tbh. However the key is they must be good films. If the films are good I don't think anyone cares that there are multiple versions of the same character at the same time.
    If that's true it seems like a poor strategy to me. I doubt Marvel wants to run with two versions of Iron man or Captain America simultaneously. You are inevitably going to end up with which interpretation of the character is better, and the one that loses financially loses a franchise interpretation. It's not something you recover from.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    If that's true it seems like a poor strategy to me. I doubt Marvel wants to run with two versions of Iron man or Captain America simultaneously. You are inevitably going to end up with which interpretation of the character is better, and the one that loses financially loses a franchise interpretation. It's not something you recover from.
    I'd have to disagree because I think it depends. From what I'm gathering one franchise is a young Batman while one is an older Batman, if that's the case both have their place. However frankly I would have did a Batman and Batman Beyond or did an else worlds spin and did Owlman. Reason being is there are so many people who have not heard Batman Beyond's story and it just seems like a waster opportunity considering he's really cool.

Forgot to add part of Marvel's success with the universe strategy is being first to market. That's a competitive advantage for any company in any industry. DC being first to market on multiverse shifts the advantage to them if executed properly.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 12-31-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Is Batman going to be in joker 2?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Does it matter? Batman is rarely more than a visual effect to tell the real story against. As long as there's someone named Wayne in it, it's a Batman movie.

Niffleheim

They have two Earths to deal with this kind of complication. I'm sure they are well aware that doing this is a risk but at the same time it is a calculated risk that will actually be more profitable regardless than betting on new and unknown IPs that wont have the same kind of box office returns
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-01-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Ultimate Member

Emphasizing that they feel they only have one well to draw from doesn't seem like the brightest move to me.
    This is just my feeling as well.

Instead of spending what could be hundreds of millions on the same characters, why not simply build up other characters and run with them.

I'd much rather see a Blue Beetle, Static (depending on the ownership), JSA, Hawkman e.t.c than a million Jokers and Batman movies.

Marvel is dipping into the multiverse but the truth is that if they had Spider-man and the X-men we might never have gotten the MCU as it is at all.

Bruce was in 1. It's still a batman world movie.

Disagree - if this is a problem it is the most beautiful problem in Hollywood to have. At least one interpretation is bound to take off, possibly 2/3, and worst outcome is maybe one doesn't do so hot? Frankly I've been arguing for this approach for DC since before Man of Steel started the lame game of trying to play catch up with the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Has Joker 2 been confirmed? I haven't checked up on the nerd news in two months (recently discovered a D&D server on discord that has stolen all my free time...).