Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1344
  1. #961
    Spectacular Member Aeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    A variant cover by Carmen Carnero for Kang the Conqueror #1
    (Source: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-kang-conqueror-1-covers/)


    Attachment 111758

    Hahahahaha At first sight I thought the statue is cross-eyed

  2. #962
    Justice Society Chairman Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yeah itís a bit too much for one Epic collection, maybe theyíll Chuck in some FF unlimited issues that ran at the same time or unplugged issues.

    Itíll be great to have the whole era collected.
    It'll probably be the Atlantis Attacks crossover. That got its own tpb not that long ago, and it's pretty chunky.

  3. #963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    https://twitter.com/javiercaster/sta...71098842030091

    Just guessing but the two in the upper left are Hedy Wolfe and Patsy Walker so Johnny is flying to Millie the Model. Is that Dorrie Evans the brunette in Giganto's grasp?
    I'm guessing no, as Dorrie didn't pop up until a few issues into Johnny's Strange Tales run well into 1963. Could be a character from one of the anthologies or other books put out then.
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

  4. #964
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,514

    Default

    She looks like a nurse with that cap. Possibly a damsel in distress from one of the monster stories, or a backup character from something like Millie the Model or Patsy Walker?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #965
    Spectacular Member Aeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I wouldn’t mind replacing Slott with… who isn’t currently writing more than 2 books simultaneously?

  6. #966
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I've already shared my thoughts on this run so I won't repeat myself.

    However the 60th being this lacklustre is so disappointing. I was hoping for something more for the 60th of such an important team, but apparently not...
    The way Marvel is going on you'd think it was the X-Men's anniversary, I bet their 60th will be some big event unlike the FFs.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  7. #967
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I wouldn’t mind replacing Slott with… who isn’t currently writing more than 2 books simultaneously?
    I would rather have no book than Slott.
    As a Spidey fan I know no book is better than Slott.

    1)Franklin's not a mutant
    2)Johnny's a cheater
    3)Sue's an obsessive sister to a creepy extent

    And that's on top of the mediocre stories we get as is.

  8. #968
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Lol the guy can make his body any shape he wants and he does that...

    Reed Richards proving that being a super genius doesn't mean you're very creative.
    actually it's quite inventive in its simplicity.

    blue-air-dancer-18-foot-e1475629991180-562x562.jpg

  9. #969
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've already shared my thoughts on this run so I won't repeat myself.

    However the 60th being this lacklustre is so disappointing. I was hoping for something more for the 60th of such an important team, but apparently not...
    The way Marvel is going on you'd think it was the X-Men's anniversary, I bet their 60th will be some big event unlike the FFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    The fact that FF is supposed to be a flagship title... with its 60th anniv. coming... Whatever, I'm just a bit disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I wouldnít mind replacing Slott withÖ who isnít currently writing more than 2 books simultaneously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I would rather have no book than Slott.
    As a Spidey fan I know no book is better than Slott.

    1)Franklin's not a mutant
    2)Johnny's a cheater
    3)Sue's an obsessive sister to a creepy extent

    And that's on top of the mediocre stories we get as is.
    I think it's absolutely criminal that Slott has been able to bastardize Iron Man 2020, and now has his hands on the 60th anniversary of Marvel's flagship title. What should be a celebration of everything Fantastic Four is being managed by someone who has so little regard for quality storytelling.

    And for the self professed Fantastic Four lover and editor Brevoort to actually support Slott through all this is even more criminal.

  10. #970
    Spectacular Member Aeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I would rather have no book than Slott.
    As a Spidey fan I know no book is better than Slott.

    1)Franklin's not a mutant
    2)Johnny's a cheater
    3)Sue's an obsessive sister to a creepy extent

    And that's on top of the mediocre stories we get as is.
    That Soulmate crap, Alicia and Ben „2 alien kids who try to kill each other live with us and we pretend to be a normal family and have them call us mom and dad“ Grimm, (accidentally) putting Iceman in a group shot and 2 years later writing an awful story about his membership.

  11. #971
    Spectacular Member Aeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    140

    Default

    When it was announced that Slott is helming the titleĎs relaunch, I was disappointed.

    And he didnít disappoint to disappoint me. After a few issues only there were already delays.

  12. #972
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    17,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    When it was announced that Slott is helming the title‘s relaunch, I was disappointed.

    And he didn’t disappoint to disappoint me. After a few issues only there were already delays.
    By coincidence I was watching a video on Disney Plus the other night that featured a behind the scenes look at Dan Slott's working on the debut of his Iron Man 2020 series. It shows Christos Gage coming on board to help with the writing. They also showed the artist doing their part. etc. Then it shows at the end how the fellow doing the lettering job was given the art one day before it was to go to the printer.

  13. #973
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    17,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've already shared my thoughts on this run so I won't repeat myself.

    However the 60th being this lacklustre is so disappointing. I was hoping for something more for the 60th of such an important team, but apparently not...
    The way Marvel is going on you'd think it was the X-Men's anniversary, I bet their 60th will be some big event unlike the FFs.
    This is so true..... it seems like this 60th anniversary thing just got underway and then it already got shoved to the sidelines by the Hellfire Gala, etc with the X-Men. Even though I haven't been a big X-Men fan for years I have been keeping up with that and it is a more interesting event.

    I won't say I'm depressed about it but it's just so sad to me.

    Well, at least Silva's art is beautiful to look at.....




  14. #974
    Spectacular Member The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    somewhere in Eastern-Europe
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've already shared my thoughts on this run so I won't repeat myself.
    Reading back your comments, I def. agree with you. (even on this Lyja thing... I don't care what others think.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    1)Franklin's not a mutant
    2)Johnny's a cheater
    3)Sue's an obsessive sister to a creepy extent
    Very spot on statements.
    Actually, I don't care about Franklin's mutant status, one less toy for the X-Office to play with. But I have to admit, this retcon was completely unnecessary (or I just don't see the logical reason behind it.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    That Soulmate crap, Alicia and Ben „2 alien kids who try to kill each other live with us and we pretend to be a normal family and have them call us mom and dad“ Grimm, (accidentally) putting Iceman in a group shot and 2 years later writing an awful story about his membership.
    Yeah, again, very spot on. I think the FF editors told Slott to diversify the team & he came up with the idea of Johnny's soulmate Sky, bringing back Lyja, & giving Alicia & Ben alien kids. (But I have to admit I find N'Kalla & Jo-Venn cute.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    By coincidence I was watching a video on Disney Plus the other night that featured a behind the scenes look at Dan Slott's working on the debut of his Iron Man 2020 series. It shows Christos Gage coming on board to help with the writing. They also showed the artist doing their part. etc. Then it shows at the end how the fellow doing the lettering job was given the art one day before it was to go to the printer.
    now I understand why Gage was mentioned in a previous comment!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is so true..... it seems like this 60th anniversary thing just got underway and then it already got shoved to the sidelines by the Hellfire Gala, etc with the X-Men. Even though I haven't been a big X-Men fan for years I have been keeping up with that and it is a more interesting event.
    Yeah, totally agree. X-Men & mutants nowadays: bold new plot lines & character designs mixed with a little bit of nostalgia. But the FF... The FF is in a desperate need of a similar reboot.
    "Darling, I am the filth." - Devlin Waugh (Judge Dredd Megazine)

  15. #975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    That Soulmate crap, Alicia and Ben „2 alien kids who try to kill each other live with us and we pretend to be a normal family and have them call us mom and dad“ Grimm, (accidentally) putting Iceman in a group shot and 2 years later writing an awful story about his membership.
    I'm not sure where the soulmate crap is going. I'm not even sure Slott hadn't intended it to be an actual thing, but everything about this is screaming "trick" so Spyre can get some intel on Earth, even if there's currently peaceful relations.

    As for Jo and Nicky, I disagree. This is a development I love as it advance Ben and Alicia and even though sibling rivalry is brought to new SF levels, it slides into family drama easily. The one-liners are great and there are possibilities for Kree and Skrull stories here as well.

    Iceman seemed like he was a plot device for a fill-in issue to make sure event tie-ins matched up better. I'm not crazy about it myself, but it's a retcon that seems harmless enough.
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •