Page 65 of 110 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    A variant cover by Carmen Carnero for Kang the Conqueror #1
    (Source: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-kang-conqueror-1-covers/)

Attachment 111758

Hahahahaha At first sight I thought the statue is cross-eyed

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yeah it’s a bit too much for one Epic collection, maybe they’ll Chuck in some FF unlimited issues that ran at the same time or unplugged issues.

It’ll be great to have the whole era collected.
    It'll probably be the Atlantis Attacks crossover. That got its own tpb not that long ago, and it's pretty chunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    https://twitter.com/javiercaster/sta...71098842030091

Just guessing but the two in the upper left are Hedy Wolfe and Patsy Walker so Johnny is flying to Millie the Model. Is that Dorrie Evans the brunette in Giganto's grasp?
    I'm guessing no, as Dorrie didn't pop up until a few issues into Johnny's Strange Tales run well into 1963. Could be a character from one of the anthologies or other books put out then.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

She looks like a nurse with that cap. Possibly a damsel in distress from one of the monster stories, or a backup character from something like Millie the Model or Patsy Walker?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wouldn’t mind replacing Slott with… who isn’t currently writing more than 2 books simultaneously?

I've already shared my thoughts on this run so I won't repeat myself.

However the 60th being this lacklustre is so disappointing. I was hoping for something more for the 60th of such an important team, but apparently not...
    The way Marvel is going on you'd think it was the X-Men's anniversary, I bet their 60th will be some big event unlike the FFs.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I wouldn’t mind replacing Slott with… who isn’t currently writing more than 2 books simultaneously?
    I would rather have no book than Slott.
    As a Spidey fan I know no book is better than Slott.

1)Franklin's not a mutant
    2)Johnny's a cheater
    3)Sue's an obsessive sister to a creepy extent

And that's on top of the mediocre stories we get as is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Lol the guy can make his body any shape he wants and he does that...

Reed Richards proving that being a super genius doesn't mean you're very creative.
    actually it's quite inventive in its simplicity.

blue-air-dancer-18-foot-e1475629991180-562x562.jpg

Spectacular Member

However the 60th being this lacklustre is so disappointing. I was hoping for something more for the 60th of such an important team, but apparently not...
    The way Marvel is going on you'd think it was the X-Men's anniversary, I bet their 60th will be some big event unlike the FFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    The fact that FF is supposed to be a flagship title... with its 60th anniv. coming... Whatever, I'm just a bit disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

2)Johnny's a cheater

I think it's absolutely criminal that Slott has been able to bastardize Iron Man 2020, and now has his hands on the 60th anniversary of Marvel's flagship title. What should be a celebration of everything Fantastic Four is being managed by someone who has so little regard for quality storytelling.

And for the self professed Fantastic Four lover and editor Brevoort to actually support Slott through all this is even more criminal.

2)Johnny's a cheater

That Soulmate crap, Alicia and Ben „2 alien kids who try to kill each other live with us and we pretend to be a normal family and have them call us mom and dad“ Grimm, (accidentally) putting Iceman in a group shot and 2 years later writing an awful story about his membership.

When it was announced that Slott is helming the title‘s relaunch, I was disappointed.

And he didn’t disappoint to disappoint me. After a few issues only there were already delays.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

When it was announced that Slott is helming the title‘s relaunch, I was disappointed.

And he didn’t disappoint to disappoint me. After a few issues only there were already delays.
    By coincidence I was watching a video on Disney Plus the other night that featured a behind the scenes look at Dan Slott's working on the debut of his Iron Man 2020 series. It shows Christos Gage coming on board to help with the writing. They also showed the artist doing their part. etc. Then it shows at the end how the fellow doing the lettering job was given the art one day before it was to go to the printer.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This is so true..... it seems like this 60th anniversary thing just got underway and then it already got shoved to the sidelines by the Hellfire Gala, etc with the X-Men. Even though I haven't been a big X-Men fan for years I have been keeping up with that and it is a more interesting event.

I won't say I'm depressed about it but it's just so sad to me.

Well, at least Silva's art is beautiful to look at.....

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Reading back your comments, I def. agree with you. (even on this Lyja thing... I don't care what others think.)

2)Johnny's a cheater
    Very spot on statements.
    Actually, I don't care about Franklin's mutant status, one less toy for the X-Office to play with. But I have to admit, this retcon was completely unnecessary (or I just don't see the logical reason behind it.)

That Soulmate crap, Alicia and Ben „2 alien kids who try to kill each other live with us and we pretend to be a normal family and have them call us mom and dad“ Grimm, (accidentally) putting Iceman in a group shot and 2 years later writing an awful story about his membership.
    Yeah, again, very spot on. I think the FF editors told Slott to diversify the team & he came up with the idea of Johnny's soulmate Sky, bringing back Lyja, & giving Alicia & Ben alien kids. (But I have to admit I find N'Kalla & Jo-Venn cute.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    By coincidence I was watching a video on Disney Plus the other night that featured a behind the scenes look at Dan Slott's working on the debut of his Iron Man 2020 series. It shows Christos Gage coming on board to help with the writing. They also showed the artist doing their part. etc. Then it shows at the end how the fellow doing the lettering job was given the art one day before it was to go to the printer.
    now I understand why Gage was mentioned in a previous comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is so true..... it seems like this 60th anniversary thing just got underway and then it already got shoved to the sidelines by the Hellfire Gala, etc with the X-Men. Even though I haven't been a big X-Men fan for years I have been keeping up with that and it is a more interesting event.
    Yeah, totally agree. X-Men & mutants nowadays: bold new plot lines & character designs mixed with a little bit of nostalgia. But the FF... The FF is in a desperate need of a similar reboot.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I'm not sure where the soulmate crap is going. I'm not even sure Slott hadn't intended it to be an actual thing, but everything about this is screaming "trick" so Spyre can get some intel on Earth, even if there's currently peaceful relations.

As for Jo and Nicky, I disagree. This is a development I love as it advance Ben and Alicia and even though sibling rivalry is brought to new SF levels, it slides into family drama easily. The one-liners are great and there are possibilities for Kree and Skrull stories here as well.

Iceman seemed like he was a plot device for a fill-in issue to make sure event tie-ins matched up better. I'm not crazy about it myself, but it's a retcon that seems harmless enough.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?