Page 91 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1641
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Wyatt should be a mainstay FF supporting cast member like Alicia is. I'm tired of only seeing the character maybe once every 10 years. He provides a different personality and perspective for the team to bounce off as well as much needed diversity.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Having Wyatt show up when Johnny is going through major emotional turmoil would make a lot of sense.
    I can never figure out why far too many of the writers that have worked on the Fantastic Four for the past 10 or 15 never showed an interest in using Wyatt in their book. There are so few Native Americans in comics as it is. I can't even remember the last time he appeared in more that a panel or two in a comic. No one has ever really given him any kind of profession. I think the Kweewazi tribe is pretty wealthy because of an oil strike on their land and I do remember at one point he became the tribal chief.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The closest we got to a Wyatt-focused story is the two-part She-Hulk: Ceremony mini where he and Jen nearly tied the knot. They've both moved on from their Byrne-era romance and remain good friends, and he's free to pop in and exchange updates with the FF.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can never figure out why far too many of the writers that have worked on the Fantastic Four for the past 10 or 15 never showed an interest in using Wyatt in their book. There are so few Native Americans in comics as it is. I can't even remember the last time he appeared in more that a panel or two in a comic. No one has ever really given him any kind of profession. I think the Kweewazi tribe is pretty wealthy because of an oil strike on their land and I do remember at one point he became the tribal chief.
    A challenge with Wyatt is using him while both noting and making use of his Native American heritage, but being careful not to be mocking or stereotypical. But you are right in that we have no idea what Wyatt does. He went to college and I think graduated. Was it a degree to help him with leading his tribe? It would be nice to handle the Kewazi like Wakanda was in the Panther movie with aspects of different areas o Africa. Wyatt's tribe could have its own flavor with blends of different nations. Of course, without the ultra-high tech.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I never thought about writers being apprehensive about writing Wyatt because they don't want to accidentally offend people. I understand the caution but I think letting one of Marvels few Native American characters fade into obscurity is worse. Marvel should get someone who is Native American to either write a mini for Wyatt that is used as a guidebook for future writers or help writers when they plan to use him.

I wonder if Jon Watts, who will be directing the MCU Fantastic Four, will include Wyatt? He wants diverse casts in his films (at least in the supporting cast) like with Spider-Man and I can see Wyatt being in the film to provide that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what was her name?
    Her name was Dr. Rachna Koul and she specialized in a field she called imperiumology. She helped superpowered beings who's powers had faded or needed restoring.

Nevermind 10 char

I never thought about writers being apprehensive about writing Wyatt because they don't want to accidentally offend people. I understand the caution but I think letting one of Marvels few Native American characters fade into obscurity is worse. Marvel should get someone who is Native American to either write a mini for Wyatt that is used as a guidebook for future writers or help writers when they plan to use him.

I wonder if Jon Watts, who will be directing the MCU Fantastic Four, will include Wyatt? He wants diverse casts in his films (at least in the supporting cast) like with Spider-Man and I can see Wyatt being in the film to provide that.
    Well, nothing much came out of the Red Wolf and the new Werewolf by Night book...

I don’t think Sky was ever so intelligent as in the current issue… must have been the smartest thing she did.

I'm surprised he hasn't been cast in the upcoming She Hulk. Or maybe they are saving for Echo series or the FF's intro to the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't been cast in the upcoming She Hulk. Or maybe they are saving for Echo series or the FF's intro to the MCU?
    I think it depends on whether they want to keep his friendship with Johnny. If Johnny is going to be cast with the intention of being around the same age as MCU Spider-Man (like I hope), then Wyatt would need to be that age too if they're still best friends. That means he can't be in a relationship with the much older adult She-Hulk, so he wouldn't be in her show.

Her name was Dr. Rachna Koul and she specialized in a field she called imperiumology. She helped superpowered beings who's powers had faded or needed restoring.

ah. I hope she shows up again, in FF or elsewhere.

Astonishing Member

Wyatt should be a mainstay FF supporting cast member like Alicia is. I'm tired of only seeing the character maybe once every 10 years. He provides a different personality and perspective for the team to bounce off as well as much needed diversity.
    I love Wyatt and would be thrilled to see him around more! Dan Slott has actually used him a fair bit as a supporting character in this run--certainly far more than anyone else has in a long time--but I'd love to see more.

Certainly he hasn't been shown with any consistent profession--apart from leading his tribe--but he once worked as a school teacher. Apparently he also worked as an anthropologist in an old KA-ZAR Graphic Novel he appeared in, but I've never read it so I can't comment on that. Now that I've heard about it though, I am curious to find out more--its not often Wyatt appears in a story without either She-Hulk or a member of the FF involved!

That is true. It would be great if they gave the character a wider range of appearances in the MU. Maybe it's because all stories still seemed to be centered on NYC and Wyatt lives out West. The other Native Americans I recall that had powers was John Proudstar aka Thunderbird of the X-Men. But got killed! His wiki says he was resurrected a couple of times but those were short-lived occurances and he is still considered deceased. I think they only prominent ones that still make an appearance here and there are Dani Moonstar and Forge (?). Red Wolf had his own title years ago but rarely makes any guest appearances AFAIK.

Astonishing Member

That is true. It would be great if they gave the character a wider range of appearances in the MU. Maybe it's because all stories still seemed to be centered on NYC and Wyatt lives out West. The other Native Americans I recall that had powers was John Proudstar aka Thunderbird of the X-Men. But got killed! His wiki says he was resurrected a couple of times but those were short-lived occurances and he is still considered deceased. I think they only prominent ones that still make an appearance here and there are Dani Moonstar and Forge (?). Red Wolf had his own title years ago but rarely makes any guest appearances AFAIK.
    Yeah, Dani Moonstar and Forge are both appearing regularly in some of the X-books right now. Thunderbird's brother Warpath has also been appearing in NEW MUTANTS and Risque is part of the extended cast of SWORD.

Echo is an active member of the AVENGERS again and just got an upgrade as the new host of the Phoenix--she'll also be starring in her own upcoming miniseries.

I think that's it for Native American characters appearing on a regular basis, although others pop up here and there in guest spots. Red Wolf was a regular in the short-lived OCCUPY AVENGERS a few years ago, which led to him also carrying over into the 16-part AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER weekly miniseries.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wanda has a nightmare of a Chthon-controlled Franklin in this Darkhold Alpha #1 preview.

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...rkhold-alpha-1

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES