Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1641

i still/always see soap opera potential with the FF and their long and assorted cast.

I haven't seen the issue, but I'm sure we haven't seen the end of Sky or Lyja even.

I remember the earlier storyline, the first Inferno, that also had Johnny's powers out of control. It was very hot, yet Sue was even to touch him through her force field in one scene.
    So this seems so off the chart from that, but those effects were from the mystical Inferno plot stuff, as I recall.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    I think Sky's father and all of her Unparalleled teammates will not be very happy with Kaila's experience on Earth and with Johnny Storm. So this is definitely not the end.
    I like Sky and I'm a little offended that her storyline, where she became a superhero of her own and a friend of her community, never found a continuation and ended ... like this. She could have her own happy life on Earth.
    I'm not surprised this is how it ends. Her character is based on Johnny and she's not her own person. Everything she's done and all her motivations are about a man. I think this will be another Silk situation where another writer would have to make her into an actual character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm not surprised this is how it ends. Her character is based on Johnny and she's not her own person. Everything she's done and all her motivations are about a man. I think this will be another Silk situation where another writer would have to make her into an actual character.
    While Slott's handling of women in this series has been less than admirable, it seemed he had more plans for her and the Spyre situation. Honestly, even IF all she really is is a prop for Johnny, her handling of his current crisis could say an awful lot about her and give her some serious story cred. I'm still convinced that Spyre is scheming something and Sky is part of it, whether knowledgeable about it or not. But it looks like she and Lyja have been shipped off as Slott's playing with his new Johnny arc, the flame that wouldn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member

The character assassination of Johnny Storm just to make the Spyricans angry enough to come cause a ruckus??

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm still convinced that Spyre is scheming something and Sky is part of it, whether knowledgeable about it or not. But it looks like she and Lyja have been shipped off as Slott's playing with his new Johnny arc, the flame that wouldn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend.
    Maybe Slott want to focus on just one scheming female (Alicia mind controlling others) so he made Lyja and Sky literally fly the coop, for now at least. There's going to be payback for Alicia's actions down the road, I'm certain.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The character assassination of Johnny Storm just to make the Spyricans angry enough to come cause a ruckus??
    Probably, lords knows what the character assassination of Alicia is going to unleash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Maybe Slott want to focus on just one scheming female (Alicia mind controlling others) so he made Lyja and Sky literally fly the coop, for now at least. There's going to be payback for Alicia's actions down the road, I'm certain.
    I don't doubt that for a second. However, the understandable nature of Alicia's actions given her life experiences blur the lines of right and wrong for me. I dread seeing Slott try to deal with this as it is an issue which is loaded with "yeah, but..." arguments and defenses. The subtleties of actions and character detail are something Slott has not managed, although he does make efforts at this.

Probably. Slott may be hoping to make the Spyricans his version of the Shiar, Kree, or Skrulls. However, since Spyre supposedly had something to do with the cosmic ray storm that empowered the FF and they also used cosmic rays to power their heroes, that knowledge could be useful in fixing Johnny's current problem. That could be an interesting development.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Probably. Slott may be hoping to make the Spyricans his version of the Shiar, Kree, or Skrulls. However, since Spyre supposedly had something to do with the cosmic ray storm that empowered the FF and they also used cosmic rays to power their heroes, that knowledge could be useful in fixing Johnny's current problem. That could be an interesting development.
    I'm really at the point of hoping the next writer has Galactus stop by Spyre for a snack. And Victorius gets shwacked on a mission for Doom.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Its an old Simpson's joke lol

I am probably one of the few that never really got into the Simpsons.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm really at the point of hoping the next writer has Galactus stop by Spyre for a snack. And Victorius gets shwacked on a mission for Doom.
    I agree with the first but IMO it would be a shame to get rid of Victorious. Even though Slott created her, Christopher Cantwell did a much better job with her character in his Doctor Doom series. She had her blinders taken off so to speak and she was having second thoughts about her hero worship of Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    i still/always see soap opera potential with the FF and their long and assorted cast.

I haven't seen the issue, but I'm sure we haven't seen the end of Sky or Lyja even.

I remember the earlier storyline, the first Inferno, that also had Johnny's powers out of control. It was very hot, yet Sue was even to touch him through her force field in one scene.
    So this seems so off the chart from that, but those effects were from the mystical Inferno plot stuff, as I recall.
    The soap opera is an important part of Fantastic Four comics that has largely been ignored by writers over the past two decades. Slott, as a fan of the old school, brought this aspect back and gave it meaning. How he copes with this is another question.

Her story seemingly isn't quite done. spoilers:
    She did mention that she'd be looking for a cure for her new mutation, which she then intends to send back for Ben.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

At the risk of sounding cruel, Johnny got off too lightly for his actions in causing the Bride of Doom arc. He should know better than to sleep with anyone who answers to a man with Doom in his name.

I would never want to deprive a future writer of a character just out of spite. That’s how you get bad resurrection stories.