Page 54 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I imagine if he's really furious about the situation Victorious will pay some price for her being unfaithful even if she and Victor weren't in that kind of a relationship yet. And in the preview Zora had a chance to confess but didn't. It will be worse on her if he finds out from someone else, like Johnnie. Much like what Sue did in that "Herald of Doom" arc, Johnny scoring with Zora will probably be a very public humiliation. On top of that, he placed a lot of trust in Zora and that's something a bit rare. There are only a few people he trusts...I'd say Dr. Strange is one of them and the other was Lander, his bodyguard from HR Earth/Planet Doom.
    Yep **** is really going to hit the fan big time
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Johnny's slept with Doom's fiancee.
    Sue pants him on worldwide TV.
    Ben crushed his hands.

I'm guessing this is why Reed is practically Doom's best buddy nowadays.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Ben crushed his hands.

Lol
    Good point)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ben crushed his hands.

Oh Reed can still push his buttons. He's very passive/aggressive with Doom at times. Back when Doom had the solution to the Reed's Antlion complex, Reed contacted him to both congratulate and annoy him at the same time.

But as to the rest of it, I am looking forward to seeing the guests that will be there. I hope there is a bit of fun with Marvel's 3 kings - Doom, Black Panther and Namor - getting together.

Ben crushed his hands.

And this time she didn't get arrested for indecent exposure .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Don't like when the FF bend over backwards to cater to Doom. I don't see Sue or Ben even caring about the forgiveness thing after all he's done to them.
    Doom's grudges can be a dangerous thing. Sue and Ben are both smart enough and practical enough to see the value in getting the slate wiped clean with Doom if possible. They aren't naive enough to believe it will create a permanent peace with him, of course--Doom will always have his agendas and schemes that will inevitably bring them into conflict again. But if Doom will actually forgive the personal vendettas he has against them and their families, of course they are going to try and take advantage of that opportunity -- if not for their own safety, then for the safety of their loved ones who are at risk of getting hurt in the crossfire of Doom's feud with the FF.

Yes, if there is a chance that Doom will not do irreparable harm the next time he decides to take revenge on F4, it’s foolish not to use it.

Johnny had definitely picked the wrong moment and the wrong girl. He already has a girlfriend, what's wrong with you, dude ?? Hothead ... Dan Slott ...
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 06-11-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is this the event that causes Doom to go all Darkhold on the universe?

Oh Reed can still push his buttons. He's very passive/aggressive with Doom at times. Back when Doom had the solution to the Reed's Antlion complex, Reed contacted him to both congratulate and annoy him at the same time.

But as to the rest of it, I am looking forward to seeing the guests that will be there. I hope there is a bit of fun with Marvel's 3 kings - Doom, Black Panther and Namor - getting together.
    I am not making Reed out to be innocent here. I loves my FF, but Reed can be an insufferable jerk at times. But Reed's passive aggressive button pushing (which I see, but could argue intensity with you) is less of what Doom would consider inappropriate.

And yes, I wonder if Namor and T'Challa will be seated at the same table. Anyone who has been in a wedding planninng session will know about the problem of seating everyone so conflicts do not occur.

Ben crushed his hands.

During the run up to v.1 # 200, there is a scene with an artist painting a royal portrait of Doom, and he is unmasked and it seems the FF all see his face.

Some have debated or talked about whether the face was seen or just the staging of the panel, etc.
    I don't remember if this is still a debate or canon, but

Doom was okay with them seeing his face, but not others, well that is petty enough for Doom, but again, there is so much varying canon with all this stuff.
    I can see why it would be a nice break if Doom didn't show up for a few years - you know, like waaaay back in v.1, when it actually appeared he died or was shrunk out of existence or something.

Any thoughts on whether a child is going to be involved?

How will any of this play with Sky, once it is discovered (can't be very long)?

Is controlled-Lyja thing done? Seems like such a one-off of little consequence, but maybe the real take away is Alicia and these powers or whatever you want to call them.

With the Lyja/Alicia stuff, I can't help but feel it will cross into Johnny's problems, maybe?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think we haven't seen the last of Lyja. Personally I'd like to see her come back and Johnny dumps Sky.

And it seems like every time Doom shows his face it looks different from the last time so I don't worry about it too much. I think it's Mephisto changing it from time and time just to remind him.

Sky's leaving. If you read the preview, it ends with her saying she wants to go home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think we haven't seen the last of Lyja. Personally I'd like to see her come back and Johnny dumps Sky.

And it seems like every time Doom shows his face it looks different from the last time so I don't worry about it too much. I think it's Mephisto changing it from time and time just to remind him.
    A spell to change the looks of a face constantly and without warning while being totally random would make plastic surgery nonviable and something so simple I'd imagine could be very powerfully placed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sky's leaving. If you read the preview, it ends with her saying she wants to go home.
    I really doubt that's the final word on Sky. Too early in the issue for it to be anything definitive.

Also the preview confirms the obvious, that Doom isn't marrying for love. It was always a political play for him, so all the outrage was for nothing.

I wouldn't even be sure that the Wedding will even happen, he might just appoint Zora Queen before he goes off to space with the Guardians for a while

The FF, by the late great Alex Toth…:

It’s so cool, you can see shades of The Herculoids’ Igoo in Ben Grimm!