Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Tell me about other Marvel characters who are hunted, killed, piled up in concentration camps, have a human-made machinery exclusively to kill them simply for being born as they are? Isn't that oppression in your view?
    No, that is actually not the point in my consideration. You are new, or have returned. I posted over years my various feelings about the X comics. I don't feel like rehashing that.

But I've read comics since the late '60s when I was 12; I still have my Giant Size X-Men number 1, from 1975. Of course I once loved, cared, collected even most of the X comics. Some of them are my favorite stories. Inferno and how it crossed over into... titles like the FF, for example.

I loved the very original idea of the original X-Factor, the X men reborn, incognito.

But more and more into the '90s, I felt that mutants and X comics had lost something.

It became more style over substance, or at least to me.

So, NO, I don't discount the story these comics tell of their oppression.

But I also remember and not discount the stories about how horrible Wanda was, how much worse, blah, blah, BLAH!
    when the reality for me is clearly those stories showed that someone else caused Wanda to do that.

Now, that is oppression to me, and what Mutant fans have done with Wanda is a bigger oppression to me.

Thanks goodness for WandaVision, as it will no doubt redeem her character, FINALLY, in regular media, comics, too.

Good day!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Has this thread suddenly morphed into an X-Men defense thread? I thought it was Marvel's First Family we are talking about here?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wanda is not an X men, but it was covered when someone else posted the Gala stuff with the FF and others attending.

I'm not really attacking the X men, so there is no defending needed.

I walk faraway from the concept of XMen. I'm merely no longer interested and feel they should stay in their own lane, when it comes to bashing Wanda. Xmen too hang around with former/villains, including Magneto.

Someone else recently posted something about the Twins in an old Strange Tales, so that too, provoked my interest.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The Fantastic Four obvious don't think the X-shindig is worth breaking out the good clothes for. Now Victor Von Doom's wedding is worth the effort. Priorities, you know.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Rachael Stott gave me what I wanted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RachaelAt...46078410559490

I'll just imagine that Sue and Johnny wore this to the gala...
    I like Johnny's suit but Susan's ensemble looks a bit tacky IMO. I get that the sheerness of the fabric is symbolic of her invisibility powers but it just reminds me of the time when young Princess Diana didn't realize how the fabric of one of her dresses was very see through in sunlight.

Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Rachael Stott gave me what I wanted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RachaelAt...46078410559490

I'll just imagine that Sue and Johnny wore this to the gala...
    As we can see, Johnny brought the cake to the party.

I think that maybe Sue will stop by the beach before heading home.

Extraordinary Member

I may be alone in this...but if find it odd that people would consider clothes like that fashion.

It's not like I go to fashion shows but I've watched a few on TV over the years. Many of the things that are haute couture are more for the art of clothing design and seldom are worn in real world. Things like this would be similar to what a celebrity would wear to an event like the Grammies or the Oscars. Designers will give away a dress to someone like Jennifer Lopez just to promote their line and get the publicity.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-06-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like Johnny's suit but Susan's ensemble looks a bit tacky IMO. I get that the sheerness of the fabric is symbolic of her invisibility powers but it just reminds me of the time when young Princess Diana didn't realize how the fabric of one of her dresses was very see through in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I may be alone in this...but if find it odd that people would consider clothes like that fashion.
    As tacky and/or ridiculous as they may seem, you have to give them credit for paying homage to the Met Gala. You really should check out some of the fashions that have been displayed there in reality.

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/met-...ebrity-fashion

To those in the arts community, unlike most of the world, the more outlandish wardrobe the better.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    As tacky and/or ridiculous as they may seem, you have to give them credit for paying homage to the Met Gala. You really should check out some of the fashions that have been displayed there in reality.

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/met-...ebrity-fashion

To those in the arts community, unlike most of the world, the more outlandish wardrobe the better.
    Oh, I know this. It's not like I wasn't around when Cher was more active at the awards shows, etc. And I like to watch the red carpet stuff at the Oscars and Golden Globes.

I think Sue's outfit would look more elegant if it didn't look like a peep show look at her undies. It could be cuter if it were a little strapless mini dress underneath. It just looks like a plain bra and panties. There could be glittery accent jewels or something

Seriously? The Royal Family, especially Charles, must have been embarrassed about that one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Oh, I know this. It's not like I wasn't around when Cher was more active at the awards shows, etc. And I like to watch the red carpet stuff at the Oscars and Golden Globes.

I think Sue's outfit would look more elegant if it didn't look like a peep show look at her undies. It could be cuter if it were a little strapless mini dress underneath. It just looks like a plain bra and panties. There could be glittery accent jewels or something
    Yeah something a little more showy underneath would've been better. Actually, she would benefit from an animated version where she could use her powers to make a solid dress shift in patterns of invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seriously? The Royal Family, especially Charles, must have been embarrassed about that one.
    Yes....it was before the engagement was announced. She was outdoors on a sunny day when a photographer took a picture of her at the preschool where she worked. She didn't realize when she was outside the dress would become see through
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-06-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Yeah something a little more showy underneath would've been better. Actually, she would benefit from an animated version where she could use her powers to make a solid dress shift in patterns of invisibility.
    Yes, something more creative. Looking back, even the ensemble that Barbra Streisand wore when she won her Oscar was cute because of the sequins, etc. but without the bow at the neck. I think she wasn't far along in her pregnancy and for some reason dress designers like to put bows on maternity wear!