Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not a fan of their 60th being about Doom. It should be about the main team first and foremost, a celebration of the Fantastic Four.
    Having it be another Doom story just adds to notion that he's the only good thing about the property.

Too many writers treat him better than the team and this shouldn't be about him.

Y'all already know my feelings about the rapist.
    Wait, who is this you are referring to?

As to the rest of your post I totally agree with you. This should not be about Doom....there's plenty of other FF characters than could be in this story. How about Namor finding himself a bride instead? Or T'Challa?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Franklin tried to kill off his friends?? Why is Slott still on this book??
    This is just my interpretation of events. Retcons have consequences. They recontextualize past stories. It's why I hate retcons. During the Power Pack run, Franklin and the Power Pack fought Master Mold. Since it was retconned that Franklin's desire to be special was the cause of his x-gene and therefore Master Mold's reason to hunt him, it makes the whole issue look really bad in hindsight. It makes Franklin look like he wants to be some eternal victim like some Karen. Look, if being inches from death doesn't make you as an impulsive five year old want to give up your victimhood mentality of being "special" as a mutant, then you are a jackass through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This is just my interpretation of events. Retcons have consequences. They recontextualize past stories. It's why I hate retcons. During the Power Pack run, Franklin and the Power Pack fought Master Mold. Since it was retconned that Franklin's desire to be special was the cause of his x-gene and therefore Master Mold's reason to hunt him, it makes the whole issue look really bad in hindsight. It makes Franklin look like he wants to be some eternal victim like some Karen. Look, if being inches from death doesn't make you as an impulsive five year old want to give up your victimhood mentality of being "special" as a mutant, then you are a jackass through and through.
    Yikes.....this is why I hate retcons. I think most of the time it's arrogance on the part of the writer..that they feel a need to make someone else's work "better".

As to the rest of your post I totally agree with you. This should not be about Doom....there's plenty of other FF characters than could be in this story. How about Namor finding himself a bride instead? Or T'Challa?
    Lyja.

I just think the "BIG" story the 60th is centered around should about the main team itself. This is just a Doom story and honestly shouldn't be at the forefront for their 60th, his is only next year and the story could happen then to celebrate his. I am damn sure that Doom's 60th won't have the FF in the forefront of his anniversary so why is it the case for them?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Namor is the one under the veil.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The logical thought processes of a five year old are far from fully developed. They often do very stupid things.

I have a very strong feeling that Kang, and the Scarlet Centurion have something to do with this, and I have a feeling it will be reversed by story’s end.

Also, maybe it was more Reed’s trying to find a scientific reason for his son’s burgeoning powers, and Franklin just acquiesced by making it a reality?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Lyja.

I just think the "BIG" story the 60th is centered around should about the main team itself. This is just a Doom story and honestly shouldn't be at the forefront for their 60th, his is only next year and the story could happen then to celebrate his. I am damn sure that Doom's 60th won't have the FF in the forefront of his anniversary so why is it the case for them?
    The Bride of Doom story begins in May, F4 anniversary in August and beyond.
    This teaser is just a teaser for the major events of F4 that will take place this year, Bride of Doom being the first one. This does not mean that the entire anniversary will be Doom story.

As much as I love the Brooks covers, I wish we’d get some covers by Silva.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    The Bride of Doom story begins in May, F4 anniversary in August and beyond.
    This teaser is just a teaser for the major events of F4 that will take place this year, Bride of Doom being the first one. This does not mean that the entire anniversary will be Doom story.
    But that's how it's being advertised. Plus it's an arc, not one issue, so it will like be the main plot throughout the anniversary with any other plots going on at the same time being side plots. Why have it be front and center if it's not being treated as the most important?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I see what you did there, but seriously or not, the bride will have something to be of strong resonance to the Fantastic Four.

Ms. Dragon Woman (lol, but maybe Dragon Man should make himself a companion android?)

Doom marries for power, like everything else he does, for power.

A former FF team member with power, could be Crystal or Lyja, or Medusa, since she's a queen. But none of these I think.
    it will drive me crazy... But it doesn't particularly bother me.
    The possible future images also leave many questions.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

It’s Alyssa Moy, just to troll Reed.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Namor is the one under the veil.
    You have just won the thread

You have just won the thread
    *curtsies*

Not sure why they’ve changed uniforms again, since they just changed them in issue 25.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    *curtsies*

Not sure why they’ve changed uniforms again, since they just changed them in issue 25.
    They didn't change uniforms