Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Reed still looks mad after he walks away. X looks.....like he was found out perhaps, but not scared or disuaded.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Someone as smart as Reed supposedly is would have a thought process that would be recognized when a mindwipe is performed. I'm sure reed knows about the mindwipe. I also think that two of the greatest scientists on the planet who had access to Leech and his DNA wouldn't have had a way to synthesize it. Also, Franklin COULD have been born a mutant, but had his genetic makeup humanized either by automated plan or by Val. Reed Richards has spent a decade and a half studying Franklin and his powers. What if Franklin's mutant powers weren't reality changing but something else? There are so many ways to get around this.

Personally, I think he whispered "we dressed for Victor's wedding; that mattered".
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member

So is Bentley-23 gonna build himself an armor?

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So is Bentley-23 gonna build himself an armor?
    I hope. He may be my favorite thing in recent issues. His dynamic with Val is actually interesting. At first, I saw it as he was Reed and prince Aurorabora or whatevs was namor.

Nah. Bentley is Namor(immature hot head) with Reed's brain. I hope he isn't ruined

The fact that he's a clone of their enemy makes it all the more interesting.it even makes Wizard relevant again

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I hope. He may be my favorite thing in recent issues. His dynamic with Val is actually interesting. At first, I saw it as he was Reed and prince Aurorabora or whatevs was namor.

Nah. Bentley is Namor(immature hot head) with Reed's brain. I hope he isn't ruined

The fact that he's a clone of their enemy makes it all the more interesting.it even makes Wizard relevant again
    Bentley is a powerful example of nature vs nurture. can someone with the genetics of an evil mastermind grow to be a decent person with proper parenting and family? As for the Wizard, I like it when the FF's second tier foes get a chance to shine (so to speak). After all, even baddies who aren't Doom or Galactus represent a threat, especially when they have proper prep time. As for the Bentley/Val pair, one may think Val sees it, but even through her scientific brilliance, her knowledge of the effects of her heart may be lacking.

I still want to see a story looking at Reed/Franklin, Victor/Kristoff, and Wizard/Bentley and how the three differ as well as where one surpasses the other two in different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

I still want to see a story looking at Reed/Franklin, Victor/Kristoff, and Wizard/Bentley and how the three differ as well as where one surpasses the other two in different areas.
    That would be interesting. I think Val would be better suited though as her and Reed are pretty similar in terms of intellect and some personality traits. So seeing where they differ and exploring that would be cool. Franklin is more similar to his mother, but sadly that dynamic is never really explored outside of cliché mother tropes.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That would be interesting. I think Val would be better suited though as her and Reed are pretty similar in terms of intellect and some personality traits. So seeing where they differ and exploring that would be cool. Franklin is more similar to his mother, but sadly that dynamic is never really explored outside of cliché mother tropes.
    I think one of the better takes on Sue and Franklin's relationship was during the Psi Lord stuff in Defalco. She had a hard time accepting him, but once she did.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I’m concerned that Bentley is being written out... I loved Hickman’s supporting cast. It’s so sad to see most of them gone. I also liked DeFalco’s big supporting cast... They all scattered after Onslaught.

I don't think Val and reed provide an interesting parent/child relationship. Val and Reed are too similar and their differences are merely professional. Stories lie in conflict and solving differences. I don't think it's incorrect that of his two kids, Reed pays over 90% of his attention to Val now that Franklin's powerless. The same goes for Doom In Secret Wars where val looked to be the eldest child and got the attention from her "father". Kids have a habit of mimicking some of their parents' qualities and turning the others around 180.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I don't think Val and reed provide an interesting parent/child relationship. Val and Reed are too similar and their differences are merely professional. Stories lie in conflict and solving differences. I don't think it's incorrect that of his two kids, Reed pays over 90% of his attention to Val now that Franklin's powerless. The same goes for Doom In Secret Wars where val looked to be the eldest child and got the attention from her "father". Kids have a habit of mimicking some of their parents' qualities and turning the others around 180.
    I think them being so similar is what makes finding out their differences interesting.

I was thinking that Wyatt should become a superhero. He has all the characteristics for a great hero and it would mean that we may get more of him both in and out of the Fantastic Four.

I think them being so similar is what makes finding out their differences interesting.
    I get that. It's an interesting look, but I'm still fixated on a "Wall Street" type subplot where Val is split between Reed and Doom and how her path has two driving forces.

Extraordinary Member

With the FF going to the gala on Krakoa...where are Alicia and Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    With the FF going to the gala on Krakoa...where are Alicia and Sky?
    It does seem poor form to have Ben's wife and even Johnny's current flame not included. The degree of formality used in the X-gala seems to imply that proper invitations and plus ones were included. All I can think of are Jo and Nicki being too young and needing babysitters. Or the time honored response of...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

From Alex Ross' Twitter, an homage to Reed and Sue's wedding:

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...48562913337351

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES