Page 66 of 110 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    That Soulmate crap, Alicia and Ben „2 alien kids who try to kill each other live with us and we pretend to be a normal family and have them call us mom and dad“ Grimm, (accidentally) putting Iceman in a group shot and 2 years later writing an awful story about his membership.
    Slott has a soulmate Fetish.

Silk and Spider-man was pheromones, this was soul-bands.Like really

Oh yeah.And that Iceman story.... ughh

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

He's awkward about Silk and Spider-man. According to his Twitter he just did not think that through and seemingly (this is speculation) didn't have much of a plan at all for what "the bride" even meant. Given Spiderverse and Silk's first appearance happened so close to each other it makes one question what he was thinking about at all. Whether that was revealed in a Silk book or not, she and Peter forced each other on them with a girl being trapped by an old rich guy to be the hot girl friend and potential bride of our hero who has the mind and mostly understanding of someone in their teens...., it's gross and he hasn't reflected fondly on it. I would at least hope he understood why that's awful and wasn't just told to drop it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

That’s my main problem with his kind of writing.

He tries new stuff and ways for characters but often fails in the execution because of not thinking it through.

2)Johnny's a cheater
    3)Sue's an obsessive sister to a creepy extent
    these two things have always been canon!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

It's less of a soulmate fetish and more like a rape fetish. Pheromonal rape as a character premise was just plain disgusting. Like, I don't know how drunk the editor had to be to approve that and expect any audience sympathy.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's less of a soulmate fetish and more like a rape fetish. Pheromonal rape as a character premise was just plain disgusting. Like, I don't know how drunk the editor had to be to approve that and expect any audience sympathy.
    *clutching pearls* (oh no, rape as a recurring element in Marvel stories? can you name any instance of rape in Marvel stories?)
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    (oh no, rape as a recurring element in Marvel stories? can you name any instance of rape in Marvel stories?)
    Sharon Ventura just before joining the FF.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I mean you do know character development is a thing.
    They grew up, that's important and Slott just demolishes this.

Johnny never cheated before Slott

Sue never invaded Johnny's privacy like this before Slott
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-25-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No they haven't. But you're a hit and run poster and never back up your statements so I doubt you will contribute anything else to the discussion.

Johnny and Crystal were together for a while but then she fell in love with and married Quicksilver (Big Mistake, Crys!) Then there was Frankie but then she left him behind when she became a Herald of Galactus. There was a brief thing with Zsaji on Battleworld. When Ben stayed behind on Battleworld, Johnny and Alicia were consoling each other and then fell for each other and got married. This leads to the messy Lyja/Alicia situation. But even when he found out the deception, he still had a thing for Lyja.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Sue never invaded Johnny's private like this before Slott
    This
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-25-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh.. I didn't say because I haven't read them all but thanks for confirming.

Also when slott had his hands on ASM i dreaded every single issue because you just knew Slott would F these characters more and more.

Exactly.
    both of these are not true to character. Those of us who have read for ages know that.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No they haven't. But you're a hit and run poster and never back up your statements so I doubt you will contribute anything else to the discussion.

Johnny and Crystal were together for a while but then she fell in love with and married Quicksilver (Big Mistake, Crys!) Then there was Frankie but then she left him behind when she became a Herald of Galactus. There was a brief thing with Zsaji on Battleworld. When Ben stayed behind on Battleworld, Johnny and Alicia were consoling each other and then fell for each other and got married. This leads to the messy Lyja/Alicia situation. But even when he found out the deception, he still had a thing for Lyja.

This
    Because, in essence, Johnny like the others truly has a pure heart. Believe it or don't.

And that is the other thing about the 4, in their own way, they each have a love story that may be tragic or filled with wonder and nuance.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Slott's Johnny is such a step down from Hickman's Johnny. Under Hickman Johnny can still act immaturely but he knew when to get serious like when he locked himself in Negative Zone against Annihilus' forces. It was the perfect blend of childish demeanor and a mature soul. But now Johnny is basically a wreck who can't even stay loyal to his partner.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, that Iceman story was good. Considering the other F4/XMen interactions before it were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Did you even read the story? It was written more like animalistic attraction rather than manipulation like what Starfox and Daken do. And they manage to control it when the story progressed.

Thank. You.

His first gf left cuz of the superhero stuff.
    Medusa already a fiancé.
    Crystal had to leave or she'd die
    Nova left to save Earth
    Alicia wasn't Alicia
    He died when he was with Lyja
    Namorita died
    Ms. Thing fell in love with Scott Lang

The "Sue invades Johnny's privacy" is new too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Slott's Johnny is such a step down from Hickman's Johnny. Under Hickman Johnny can still act immaturely but he knew when to get serious like when he locked himself in Negative Zone against Annihilus' forces. It was the perfect blend of childish demeanor and a mature soul. But now Johnny is basically a wreck who can't even stay loyal to his partner.
    I feel writers don't understand how the humourous characters like Johnny, Spider-Man, Iceman, Hawkeye, etc. work and think it's shits and giggles 24/7.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 07-26-2021 at 05:54 AM.
    "Cable was right!"