Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Couldn't have them dress up? They would've killed it with their outfits...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Don't people dress up for Galas anymore?
    As somebody on Twitter reacted:

"janet would never let the avengers show up to a party in their superheroes suits"

"DUDE. Thank you! It's a minor thing, but that's like, the coolest part of Janet. She would never!"

"Of course! Marvel always forget about their fashion queen unfortunately"

Maybe Jan isn't available?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yeah, nowadays she doesn't have as much time for her fashion, that's why her costume changes much less often now. She has Pym Labs to run, which includes her adopted daughter Nadia's Genius In action Research Labs (GIRL) as well as Hank's legacy. And if Runaways is any indication, then the Van Dyne fashion house focuses on civilian clothing nowadays, not superhero costumes. If Janet was creating gear for everyone, there'd be no need for places like Big Ronnie's Custom Battle Spandex, a superhero costume shop that debuted in Gwenpool's comic and has also been used in Spider-Woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just a missed opportunity. I'm not likely to read this, or later maybe. Seems like it could be that Heroes don't want to dress up for known villains' Gala?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Spectacular Member

It's a shame, I mean I can see Reed and Ben wearing their uniforms or suits and calling it a day...but you can't tell me Johnny Storm wouldn't jump at the opportunity to wear something stupid tacky, and when does Sue ever get the chance to dress up anymore? I'd love her to have some kind of amazing dress that incorporates her forcefields and/or invisibility for strategic effect.

Alicia is an artist, I'm sure she could design something incorporating tactile/auditory senses that Reed could make...and Franklin and Val are teenagers, you can't tell me they wouldn't wanna play dress-ups. Missed opportunity for some cool stuff all round really!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    It's a shame, I mean I can see Reed and Ben wearing their uniforms or suits and calling it a day...but you can't tell me Johnny Storm wouldn't jump at the opportunity to wear something stupid tacky, and when does Sue ever get the chance to dress up anymore? I'd love her to have some kind of amazing dress that incorporates her forcefields and/or invisibility for strategic effect.

Alicia is an artist, I'm sure she could design something incorporating tactile/auditory senses that Reed could make...and Franklin and Val are teenagers, you can't tell me they wouldn't wanna play dress-ups. Missed opportunity for some cool stuff all round really!
    FF uniforms are superior to any JC monstrosities.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Congratulations to Earth's noble heroes for generalizing all mutants and their nation as "known villains"

Just a vibration of cops in uniform at the Pride

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Remember that their Future Foundation uniforms can change design, so they can just show that off.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Good point. I would imagine that all F4 costumes since then have had that feature.

That meant that when Peter showed up in the classic red and blue in his solo book, it wasn't a continuity error. He'd just change his suit depending on whether he was working with the FF or solo. He could use the symbiote and Iron Spider suit designs as well. It's kind of odd that Peter hasn't had that function in his suits ever since. He just got a new costume, and that works on unstable molecules too, allowing him to morph back into his civilian clothes at will. And he says he isn't used to it but finds it beneficial (faster than going to an alley to change, and he doesn't have to stash a web sack of civilian clothing when he suits up).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hellfire Club, I think they are known villains, maybe not you.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Hellfire TRADING COMPANY is currently responsible for distributing the Krakoan drugs for the humans and one of the leaders is Kate Pryde, I didn't know she was a villain. Keep giving your opinion about books you don't even read.

And sorry about that, I will not comment here anymore!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    FF uniforms are superior to any JC monstrosities.
    Okay, I'll bite - who tf is JC? I assume it's not the only JC I know of, cuz many things he may have been good at but distinctive costumes don't seem to have been one of them considering everyone was all in togas and loincloths in them days...

Yes, I don't read x comics. I did a quick google and saw the club was connected to the gala.

So, 1) - I apologize since you're right.

2) I specifically don't read most things mutant because of what Bendis did to her way back and how most fans seem to never forgive.

So I won't ask for anyone's forgiveness either.
    ~ Oberon ~

Over on a Wanda thread they talked about the time the twins met Johnny and Ben in an old Strange Tales and we speculated on what if/could happen if the twins became more associated with the FF, rather than the Avengers (was around this time, sort of).

Would Johnny and Wanda become romantic, like he did with Crystal, instead?

What would have changed in any other dynamics?
    Some said that maybe Crystal and Medusa might have joined the Avengers instead of Q and W, and that would have been an interesting change too.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Okay, I'll bite - who tf is JC? I assume it's not the only JC I know of, cuz many things he may have been good at but distinctive costumes don't seem to have been one of them considering everyone was all in togas and loincloths in them days...
    Jumbo Carnation - he designed all of the gala attire, lol
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I think the artists worked so hard coming up with outfits for the X-Men that they probably didn't have time to come up with anything for the out-of-franchise characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    As somebody on Twitter reacted:

"janet would never let the avengers show up to a party in their superheroes suits"

"DUDE. Thank you! It's a minor thing, but that's like, the coolest part of Janet. She would never!"

"Of course! Marvel always forget about their fashion queen unfortunately"

Maybe Jan isn't available?
    Janet respect .