Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
Tell me about other Marvel characters who are hunted, killed, piled up in concentration camps, have a human-made machinery exclusively to kill them simply for being born as they are? Isn't that oppression in your view?
No, that is actually not the point in my consideration. You are new, or have returned. I posted over years my various feelings about the X comics. I don't feel like rehashing that.

But I've read comics since the late '60s when I was 12; I still have my Giant Size X-Men number 1, from 1975. Of course I once loved, cared, collected even most of the X comics. Some of them are my favorite stories. Inferno and how it crossed over into... titles like the FF, for example.

I loved the very original idea of the original X-Factor, the X men reborn, incognito.

But more and more into the '90s, I felt that mutants and X comics had lost something.

It became more style over substance, or at least to me.

So, NO, I don't discount the story these comics tell of their oppression.

But I also remember and not discount the stories about how horrible Wanda was, how much worse, blah, blah, BLAH!
when the reality for me is clearly those stories showed that someone else caused Wanda to do that.

Now, that is oppression to me, and what Mutant fans have done with Wanda is a bigger oppression to me.

Thanks goodness for WandaVision, as it will no doubt redeem her character, FINALLY, in regular media, comics, too.

Good day!