Page 85 of 110 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1641
    BANNED

Marvel just announced FF reckoning war alpha #1 for January but no cover yet.

Was Sue wanting to be an actress before she got her powers something already established, or did Waid just retcon that into her backstory? And if it was already established, has she ever talked to Mary Jane Watson about it? MJ used to be an actress.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was Sue wanting to be an actress before she got her powers something already established, or did Waid just retcon that into her backstory? And if it was already established, has she ever talked to Mary Jane Watson about it? MJ used to be an actress.
    I have felt for a while that MJ needs friends from Peter's other life...but in a way that does not point to Peter being Spider-Man/

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We have a variant cover with Thing as Death for The Thing #2 (Villains' Reign variant cover series).

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...variant-covers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Slott tweeted Dodson's cover for December's FF #39.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1438647796991729664

Future Franklin, Psi-Lord, teen Franklin, Tattletale, Avatar, but the one with his face hidden I can't ID, unless that's deliberate.

And here's an variant cover from Ivan Shavrin, retweeted by Dodson:

https://twitter.com/dano_cosmic/stat...23633069002759

DAN SLOTT (W) • FRANCESCO MANNA (A) • COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    Variant Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    Devil's Reign Villain Variant Cover by CARLOS GÓMEZ

A day of reckoning is coming for both the Marvel Universe and the Fantastic Four. But first Mister Fantastic and the Invisible Woman must survive a very personal family crisis. Guest-starring She-Hulk, the TVA, the Watcher and Nick Fury.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sue's desire to be an actress was a real aspect of her character, but that was all before Mary Jane Watson ever showed up in comics. Sue was in a Namor financed movie in Fantastic Four 9 before Spider Man had ever seen print.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Very please that another epic collection from the mid 90s is coming again this december.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Love it. Best era. Best characters. Best Sue ever.
    Already have it preordered. Still love the DeFalco FF to this day. Definitely the best Sue, and I loved the big supporting cast in Lyja, Kristoff, Psi-Lord, Cable Richards, etc.

I think Sue being the leader in that run solved a big issue with the character: she's usually reactive instead of proactive.

Everything she does is a reaction and she rarely took initiative while the others did. She even waits for Reed to tell her to use her powers and how, which is ridiculous.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Already have it preordered. Still love the DeFalco FF to this day. Definitely the best Sue, and I loved the big supporting cast in Lyja, Kristoff, Psi-Lord, Cable Richards, etc.
    I might have mentioned in here before but a month before in November, we get another epic collection that leads into the "nobody gets out alive" epic.

I might have mentioned in here before but a month before in November, we get another epic collection that leads into the "nobody gets out alive" epic.

Already have that preordered as well. The only FF Epic collection I’m missing and not on order is the Black Panther one. Hopefully it gets a reprint next year…

During the "FF Resign" arc in the late # 190s, Sue's solo story had her in a Hollywood setting with Namor also involved. I think there was a reference to the much earlier story.

I think it gets referred to in random and not frequent panels but that is about it.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Another volume with epic Sue, Sharon, Lyja… I’m in!

Marvel should seriously promote a second FF book with former members.

I mean we have multiple x-books, several Avengers, several Spider-Man but only one FF. And yes we’re getting the Reckoning special but I’m talking about an ongoing monthly.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Why do I expect Slott to go with the cliche that this sister will be as smart as or smarter than Reed?
    end of spoilers
    Intriguing. We'll have to see. We'll have to see what type of life this person is living, and whether they know the truth about their origins.

----------------------

Does anyone know where the female scientist is who helped out Johnny and Ben when Reed, Sue and the rest were all gone on their sojourn? I thought she might end up more of a lingering ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Intriguing. We'll have to see. We'll have to see what type of life this person is living, and whether they know the truth about their origins.

----------------------

Does anyone know where the female scientist is who helped out Johnny and Ben when Reed, Sue and the rest were all gone on their sojourn? I thought she might end up more of a lingering ally.
    She was created by Zdarsky so he'd be the one to bring her back if anyone.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

So we've almost got the entire DeFalco run collected between:

Vol. 21 The New Fantastic Four - #347-361

Vol. 22 This Flame, This Fury - #362-376

Vol. 23 Nobody Gets Out Alive - #377-392

Vol. 24 ??? - #393-402

Vol. 25 Strange Days - #403-416

Now 10 issues does not an Epic Collection make, so I have a feeling Vol. 24 might just be a re-branded Atlantis Rising...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES