Page 104 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1641

Speaking of Ben’s once a year transformations…

What happened to the device from the tail end of DeFalco’s run that let him change back and forth? I understand WHY it was forgotten, but I don’t recall it ever getting mentioned again, even when he had a new way to become human once a year…. Only thing I can figure is that it was packed away with all of the other crap that Nathaniel Richards hid in the Negative Zone. I don’t think they ever got that stuff back…

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

What happened to the device from the tail end of DeFalco’s run that let him change back and forth? I understand WHY it was forgotten, but I don’t recall it ever getting mentioned again, even when he had a new way to become human once a year…. Only thing I can figure is that it was packed away with all of the other crap that Nathaniel Richards hid in the Negative Zone. I don’t think they ever got that stuff back…
    No real reason I guess, other than everything got rebooted after Onslaught/Heroes Reborn "event". I do recall some of the things Nathaniel stashed away was mentioned at one time in another book. Nathaniel and Kristoff were trying to get things together at this time when the heroes battling Onslaught were assume to be dead. It was in another title since the FF, Avengers, Iron Man and Captain America titles were temporarily shelved to be relaunched later. But I'd have to do some checking back to see where they appeared. Been a while since I read that era.

Astonishing Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/fant...g-of-galactus/

Fantastic Four Life story issue 5 2000s, it been 5 issues, What you think of the series so far, its good but not as good as Chip's Spidey life story, but yeah, i enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

Fantastic Four Life story issue 5 2000s, it been 5 issues, What you think of the series so far, its good but not as good as Chip's Spidey life story, but yeah, i enjoy it.
    I love both Russell and the FF, but this is disappointing to me. It's an awkward format where each issue covers ten years where we're used to time passing more slowly for these characters. Russell's handling of current affairs and relevance is not nearly as visible here as I had hoped. It's still worth the money each month (or how ever often it's released) to me, but it's not anything special.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

I enjoy it too but I have 3 main problems with it:

1) Sue's story in issue 2 is way too intertwined with Reed. I know this is a book celebrating F4's history through a different lens but I think it would be better if it was more about how Sue perceives the world and tries to change it and less about how she's perceived by others (namely Reed)

2) Johnny shouldn't have died.

3) Doom's portrayal is ...bizarre to say the least.

It's disappointing that the Superior Four book has nothing to do with the Fantastic Four. It should have been about a less popular FF villain, like Diablo or Wizard (which makes sense considering their history). Instead it's about a Spider-Man villain who doesn't need the boost in popularity and has almost nothing to do with the FF.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

His FF co-writer/artist run may not be as well known as that of Kirby, Buscema, Byrne, Ryan, Weiringo, and the other greats, but George Pérez deserves mentioning here, now that he announced he has terminal pancreatic cancer.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    His FF co-writer/artist run may not be as well known as that of Kirby, Buscema, Byrne, Ryan, Weiringo, and the other greats, but George Pérez deserves mentioning here, now that he announced he has terminal pancreatic cancer.

Good call "Ray", I loved this run too...sad news about George, he's facing it bravely....fantastic artist who drew some classic comics...

When Perez drew it, way back, it's actually one of my favorite eras and he will so be missed. How sad.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Did anyone pick up the 60th anniversary tribute with the redrawn pages of FF 1 and Annual 3? I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed with the artistic variety, but that I think that's due to my unfamiliarity with many of those artists. I don't quite regret buying it, but outside of trying to find different artist styles and identifying them, it's underwhelming. It would have been nice to have seen some Sinnott work here, but I know the circumstances made that nearly impossible.
    I picked this up, and I looked at it as if each artist was interpreting the story, but they only had one page. This made me imagine what a whole story done by an artist would look like. It made me appreciate what are the interpretive abilities of artists. It was a storyboard of snapshots of what artists could do to a script by Stan Lee/Jack Kirby. But the experience was very fleeting, because we only got snippets. It’s something that needs a whole lot more examination, I think.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Dan Slott gave an interview to CBR about the Reckoning War where he gave more details.

https://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-hints-...antastic-four/

Johnny is shaded here while the other heroes aren't, which tells us his nova form is still in overdrive.

And a panel for FF #40:

Looks like the entity Reed confronts on the cover knows the Watcher that was silenced in Slott's She-Hulk way back.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Good call "Ray", I loved this run too...sad news about George, he's facing it bravely....fantastic artist who drew some classic comics...
    Well said. Just heartbreaking news about George Perez. I wish him and his family the best.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

Does Sharon get this too?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    When Perez drew it, way back, it's actually one of my favorite eras and he will so be missed. How sad.
    Mine too. While I had read several random issues of Fantastic Four either as first prints or reprints, the nature of buying comics at the newstand was hit or miss up until I could ride my bike to town. My first issue of truly regular collecting was issue 176 . To this day, I consider issues 176 - 200 my favorite - even ahead of the best Lee/Kirby issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Dan Slott gave an interview to CBR about the Reckoning War where he gave more details.

https://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-hints-...antastic-four/

Johnny is shaded here while the other heroes aren't, which tells us his nova form is still in overdrive.

And a panel for FF #40:

Looks like the entity Reed confronts on the cover knows the Watcher that was silenced in Slott's She-Hulk way back.
    Looking forward to this !!!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume