Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Okay the art is everything

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    And while UNSTABLE MOLECULES is my favorite FF story, my favorite run of The Fantastic Four is John Byrne's, that's what I grew up reading. I was 13, and #253 was my first issue.

Favorite Byrne issue was #285.

After John Byrne left to go reboot Superman, I left the Fantastic Four too. I dipped back in for a second when Mark Miller took over, but that's been about it. And of course Stan Lee and Jack Kirby is eternal.

It's kind of funny, the Fantastic Four is my favorite thing at Marvel, but I have no desire to read the comics at the moment.

Movie hurry up and get here, I guess.
    A couple of mistakes on that cover. For some reason Johnny's glove is coloured the same as "Alicia"'s (actually Lyja?) pants instead of white, and the corner box image looks like it needed updating, as Sue's hairstyle has changed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A couple of mistakes on that cover. For some reason Johnny's glove is coloured the same as "Alicia"'s (actually Lyja?) pants instead of white, and the corner box image looks like it needed updating, as Sue's hairstyle has changed.
    I'd say Sue's mullet was the problem, not the corner box...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'd say Sue's mullet was the problem, not the corner box...
    Mullets are the true enemy of man and comics.

Franklin needs to go over to the DC Universe and have a word with Tanya Spears - the former Power Girl has copied his Powerhouse codename!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Franklin needs to go over to the DC Universe and have a word with Tanya Spears - the former Power Girl has copied his Powerhouse codename!
    I wouldn't say the former Power Girl copied the name. I would say Mutantfacer/Mutantface Manny/Mutant Rachel Dolezal/the Pretender #2/Faking Franklin left it vacant and she just took it.

Just because he lost his powers, it doesn't mean he stopped using the codename. Valeria calls herself Brainstorm, and she doesn't have any powers, just a high IQ. I think what probably happened is that DC didn't know that Marvel was actively using the name.

Mighty Member

If FF Road Trip is any indication, Valeria's intellect is a power...

Still, I was making a joke about Mutantfacer/Mutantface Manny/Mutant Rachel Dolezal/the Pretender #2/Faking Franklin's current situation.

Yes, I will continue to use that list of nicknames as I see them on the internet and will add to it. This is the running gag I've been waiting to pull for years but never had the perfect punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If FF Road Trip is any indication, Valeria's intellect is a power...
    I'm not sure the exact definition has been defined for Val's intelligence. One could easily imagine abilties, whether superhuman or otherwise being affected. I maintain Alicia was experiencing a similar reaction with her artistic talent at the time, yet that really didn't show up with everything else going on.

FF2018031-Cov.jpg

Fantastic Four 31 (676)
    DAN SLOTT (W) • RB SILVA (A) • Cover by MARK BROOKS
    REBORN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    The moment REED RICHARDS has been waiting for has finally arrived – he can finally use the Forever Gate to explore somewhere NEW – to travel forth to a realm in the Marvel Universe where no one has ever gone before! So of course he’s going to need his best friend and test pilot, BEN GRIMM, by his side! Join the FF’s two dads as they venture into the great unknown! Can they (or our letterer, Joe Caramagna) survive...THE ONOMATOPEIACOLYPSE?!

So they breach the fourth wall and interact with the sound effects?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    FF2018031-Cov.jpg

Fantastic Four 31 (676)
    The moment REED RICHARDS has been waiting for has finally arrived – he can finally use the Forever Gate to explore somewhere NEW – to travel forth to a realm in the Marvel Universe where no one has ever gone before! So of course he’s going to need his best friend and test pilot, BEN GRIMM, by his side! Join the FF’s two dads as they venture into the great unknown! Can they (or our letterer, Joe Caramagna) survive...THE ONOMATOPEIACOLYPSE?!
    "Join the FF's two dads" - That just sounds kind of weird. I mean, I know he's adopted some kids but Ben's more of a big brother type than a dad in terms of the family dynamic.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

THE ONOMATOPEIACOLYPSE sounds like a good issue for Mike Allred.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    FF2018031-Cov.jpg

Fantastic Four 31 (676)
    It's an interesting concept, I'll give it that. I still feel some type of way about how Sue's been neglected throughout this run though...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!