Page 46 of 110 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

[QUOTE=Ravin' Ray;5540550]This is one impressive Thing collection!
    https://twitter.com/panlives/status/1393506150709092352

That is one amazing collection. I've seen the Bowen Designs Ben statues ( I have their 4 piece set mini-busts of the FF) but I've never seen some of the others before. My collection of Marvel figures is much smaller. I have their Super Skrull down on the bottom left and there's a second one shelf over on the left. I keep my collection of Bowen Designs pieces, mostly mini busts, in a curio cabinet. I have a full figure Doom statue that I can't display right now because I am out of room!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is one impressive Thing collection!
    https://twitter.com/panlives/status/1393506150709092352
    That is an amazing collection and there is even Thing wallpaper! I have a small collection of Bowen mini busts and statues. I just received a new Doctor Doom mini bust that I got from Diamond Select on Friday. I will post that in the Doctor Doom thread later when I take a photo.

Here are the Eaglemoss mini figures. The first series had some lead content so there was sometimes issues getting those shipped. Later on they came out with a chess set of Marvel characters but I don't have those.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spider-man and She hulk are my favs
    defintely spiderman as well

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    defintely spiderman as well
    I really want Spidey and She hulk in a Future foundation type thing.Also Spidey and the FF are family and I love their intercations

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I really want Spidey and She hulk in a Future foundation type thing.
    Which color scheme though? Spidey's black-and-white hexagon theme or She-Hulk's dark blue FF replacement theme (the one with Ant-Man)? Or let each of them have their own colors?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

In the current run, it's sad that all the women's stories are about/revolve around the male characters. It's especially bad with Sky and Sue. Sky's literal existence is all about a man and Sue's story is just spying on Johnny. It's sad to see.

Kind of want Sue to leave the FF to be honest. Appearing elsewhere could only benefit the character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    In the current run, it's sad that all the women's stories are about/revolve around the male characters. It's especially bad with Sky and Sue. Sky's literal existence is all about a man and Sue's story is just spying on Johnny. It's sad to see.

Kind of want Sue to leave the FF to be honest. Appearing elsewhere could only benefit the character.
    Huh, never thought about that before. I mean, there is Valeria (other than that crush she had) although most of her stuff gets paired with Franklin.

Oh I think you're not so right. Alicia's story revolves around her own feelings of the whole family

or she is a Skrull again/posssessed.

But I think you're being overly hard. These are plot elements that are leading somewhere. I seem to feel it fits most of their template.
    I mostly enjoy the FF; sure I 'd like her Sue oriented stuff, but maybe some writers do the long game?

Lyja wasn't revealed to be a Skrull that quickly. I think Sue is more than just spying on Johnny. I feel there are ways she is seeing herself through the other's eyes, as this point sticks more and more.
    With this plot/s everyone is not really in their true character, so maybe that is the point.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh, never thought about that before. I mean, there is Valeria (other than that crush she had) although most of her stuff gets paired with Franklin.
    Which unfortunately puts Val into a situation where her whole existence now as revolving around BFs. I need to take back saying Slott wrote a por Sue. i should have said he writes poor women characters here. Which is a damn shame since he had a kick ass She Hulk series so he has done it before.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Lyja wasn't revealed to be a Skrull that quickly. I think Sue is more than just spying on Johnny. I feel there are ways she is seeing herself through the other's eyes, as this point sticks more and more.
    With this plot/s everyone is not really in their true character, so maybe that is the point.
    Just to nit-pick Lyja was revealed very early in Tom DeFalco's run. It's my belief the idea of Lyja was his and not something planned from early on.

Oh I think you're not so right. Alicia's story revolves around her own feelings of the whole family

or she is a Skrull again/posssessed.

But I think you're being overly hard. These are plot elements that are leading somewhere. I seem to feel it fits most of their template.
    I mostly enjoy the FF; sure I 'd like her Sue oriented stuff, but maybe some writers do the long game?

But what's really being setup here? Alicia may have something down the line, but Sue and Sky's story is all about Johnny and is an extension of that. Victorious is an extension of Doom's story and now she's apart of Johnny's too.

None of them have their own story to develop them. They are basically the extension of the men's story.

I'm patient and willing to give it time. I also don't expect that they each have equal portions of story; I feel they have different emphasis or weight over time. I suppose I don't expect this much emphasis on Sue; I'm quite pleased when she gets it.

I'm been a reader and fan long enough to remember the WTSSS in the FF letter pages.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    But what's really being setup here? Alicia may have something down the line, but Sue and Sky's story is all about Johnny and is an extension of that. Victorious is an extension of Doom's story and now she's apart of Johnny's too.

None of them have their own story to develop them. They are basically the extension of the men's story.
    As far as I'm concerned, you're preaching to the choir.

I'm patient and willing to give it time. I also don't expect that they each have equal portions of story; I feel they have different emphasis or weight over time. I suppose I don't expect this much emphasis on Sue; I'm quite pleased when she gets it.

I'm been a reader and fan long enough to remember the WTSSS in the FF letter pages.
    I lost my patience long ago. We're coming up to the 3 year mark and Sue has gotten nothing but a bad plot about staking her brother. I'm not wanting this to be " the Sue show", but I'm not being unreasonable for being upset about the paltry things we got. Hickman's Fantastic Four run was all about Reed, but Sue still had her moments to shine. She doesn't even get that in this run.

I shouldn't have to wait another 3 years in the hope she gets "something". This isn't the X-Men or the Avengers where the casts can be so big that someone is bound to be neglected a little. This is the Fantastic Four, there is only 4 plus the supporting cast. None of them should have such little story in a 3 year run.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-17-2021 at 10:51 PM.