Page 86 of 110 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1641
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Fantastic Four #36 preview, double-page spread. So Franklin sometimes calls his uncle only by his first name, that's the thing with teen Franklin now?

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If anyone is interested I started a FF#35 discussion (with spoilers) thread

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fantastic Four #36 preview, double-page spread. So Franklin sometimes calls his uncle only by his first name, that's the thing with teen Franklin now?
    That's how it is in my family...I haven't called aunts or uncles that since I was a teenager.

I can believe Franklin not using the Uncle when referring to Johnny. A little too familiar maybe, but there's still angsty rebellion in that kid. As for his idea, it didn't sound overly selfish to me as two people are being helped and not just Franklin. Sue's overreacting as it's her brother needing curing and her son's problem consists of giving an emotional teenage boy the power to create universes again. I actually kind of like seeing Franklin and family go through this as he appears to be slowly moved to the backburner without powers or a super-brain.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I can believe Franklin not using the Uncle when referring to Johnny. A little too familiar maybe, but there's still angsty rebellion in that kid. As for his idea, it didn't sound overly selfish to me as two people are being helped and not just Franklin. Sue's overreacting as it's her brother needing curing and her son's problem consists of giving an emotional teenage boy the power to create universes again. I actually kind of like seeing Franklin and family go through this as he appears to be slowly moved to the backburner without powers or a super-brain.
    I find myself doing that when there's more than one uncle. IIRC Franklin also call Ben "uncle" even though Ben's not related by blood.

VAL saying teenagers are the worst? Well, that certainly proves she isn't one herself, doesn't it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    VAL saying teenagers are the worst? Well, that certainly proves she isn't one herself, doesn't it?
    Oh right... didn't her birth have a special quirk? IE she's a re-incarnation of an alternate future Valeria? IIRC 616 Valeria is actually dead. Does she remember being Marvel Girl?

If she DOEs.... hmmm that could get interesting.....

If she did it would certainly explain how she could talk like an adult aged only three!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Oh right... didn't her birth have a special quirk? IE she's a re-incarnation of an alternate future Valeria? IIRC 616 Valeria is actually dead. Does she remember being Marvel Girl?

If she DOEs.... hmmm that could get interesting.....

I like that picture of Valeria...is that a trading card or something?

I don't think we've seen any indication that Valeria Richards has any of Valeria Von Doom's memories but we've definitely seen a connection between Val and her "Uncle Doom" that remains even as she grows older.

Valeria's history is pretty complicated. It goes all the way back to the baby Sue lost back in John Byrne's Fantastic Four #267.

Sue has always had difficulties when giving birth due the exposure to cosmic rays back in that fateful rocket trip. Sue's first child Franklin had a perilous birth. In Fantastic Four Annual #6, Reed, Ben and Johnny had to go into the Negative Zone and steal Annihilus's Cosmic Control Rod. It was used to bring the cosmic energy in her body under control. Later in John Byrne's Fantastic Four they take a trip into the Negative Zone (FF 251-253) We saw a different part of the Negative Zone in that story, and area that wasn't so hostile Sue and Reed stayed at an inn of some sort and had a second honeymoon. When Sue gets pregnant, she starts to have problems that make her suspect that something is terribly wrong. Reed enlists the help of some radiation experts Bruce Banner, Michael Morbius but has trouble convincing a suspicious Dr. Octopus to come with him to the hospital. When Reed finally succeeds in getting him to the hospital, it is too late.

Fast forward to Chris Claremont's run and we get the introduction of Valeria von Doom, a teenager who "time dances" by mistake into the FF's HQ. She claims to be the Sue's daughter but in her reality, Doctor Doom is her father. Initially Sue is hostile to her and doesn't want to accept her story because she brings up the memory of the baby girl she lost. Eventually they come to accept her into the family.

We don't learn Valeria's true origins until the multiverse is threatened by Abraxus in FF#49. It is revealed that a young Franklin was very upset by the apparent loss of Sue's stillborn child in FF #267 and without Reed and Sue knowing about it he secretly sent her soul to Roma who watched over the child in Otherworld.

These pages from Fantastic Four #49 (vol 3) sums things up pretty well. Later, when Sue is about to deliver her child, Reed has been captured by an offshoot of the Inhumans called the Hidden Ones. With Reed missing and his sister in experiencing difficulties with the cosmic energies that are part of her powers, Johnny goes to the Latveria embassy and persuades Doom to assist. For payment, Doom asks to name the baby girl Valeria.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-18-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If anyone is interested I started a FF#35 discussion (with spoilers) thread
    I read #35 last night and I thought that it was really very good !!! The end with Reed finding out that he has a sister, really surprised me .
    I'm a casual FF reader , I read it now and then, and recently started when Doom was about to get married.
    One thing that I've always hoped for FF is to have Johnny aged up a few years, it's long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I read #35 last night and I thought that it was really very good !!! The end with Reed finding out that he has a sister, really surprised me .
    I'm a casual FF reader , I read it now and then, and recently started when Doom was about to get married.
    One thing that I've always hoped for FF is to have Johnny aged up a few years, it's long overdue.
    There's a plot device with Johnny that "ages" the character a lot. his relationship with Lyja. In MC2 Lyja is his wife and they have at least one child together. Yeah Torus Storm has a somewhat limited version of Skrull shapeshifting, and energy powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like that picture of Valeria...is that a trading card or something?
    Um... I found it on Pinterest, I'd have to do a web search to try and figure it out. :/
    I don't think we've seen any indication that Valeria Richards has any of Valeria Von Doom's memories but we've definitely seen a connection between Val and her "Uncle Doom" that remains even as she grows older.
    Yeah I read at least part of that.... starting with her appearance as Marvel Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    There's a plot device with Johnny that "ages" the character a lot. his relationship with Lyja. In MC2 Lyja is his wife and they have at least one child together. Yeah Torus Storm has a somewhat limited version of Skrull shapeshifting, and energy powers.
    We don't want to confuse TheKrytonMan too much but I just wanted to add that Johnny thought he was marrying Alicia at the time

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I am glad that the Fantastic Four is gaining new fans.

As for Johnny, there have been times when he behaved in a more mature manner but he still likes to play pranks (I'm sure we all know someone like that!)

If you want to read more of the Fantastic Four maybe you might want to try out Marvel Unlimited or maybe buy a few TPBs. IMO the last good run to check out is Jonathan Hickman's.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Line It is Drawn: Fantastic Four as a rock band.

https://www.cbr.com/brand-new-comic-...bands-gallery/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES