Page 32 of 110 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I finally caught up with the issue & I have to say the disinterest I have in Franklin's Melodrama cannot be underwhelmed like IDK if it's Slott's writing but whatever sympathy I'm suppose to have for my boy the False God I just don't like not at all. Also I like Jo more than Niki can we get some more of him please I find the tiny killer Kree that sounds like a chipmunk much more endearing. Susan she needs a hobby, Reed & Ben I'd like a little break from them I feel they get all the character shine, Johnny please drop the bird lady like we're bored u don't love her I'm not buying it drop her & actually get your **** together & grow up evolve stop hopping into the beds of women and calling that growth I'm tired, u offend me with your lack of change. Valeria IDC about either IDK how old she is I do like that her & her brother actually look like teenagers but still like whatever you a smart little girl ok next!

I say all that to say I really actually enjoyed this issue.
    I've got to say that Franklin's melodrama is natural. Sure, he falls into the teenage trope of 'woe is me" and "no one understands" and "whatever". But he was creating universes. Now he can't. I may be pushing this, but Franklin could be symbolic of kids who lose something important (like a parent, or their health) and how they deal with it. He also doesn't really get the "regular kid" thing as he's grown up being special. He sees Val still hanging with Reed and although Franklin is probably a smart kid, he ain't a world class brain. Sure there are the kids on Yancy Street and that's an option, but Franklin's a teenager and teenagers are idiots. I've been one, I've raised one, and I've worked with thousands of teenagers who fluctuate between mature and moronic. This is the family stuff Slott (and I) think the book needs and in Franklin's case, it's spot on.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Basically Sue needs more visibility
    I know I'm ignoring most of your excellent post, but this is a funny phrase.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I think Defalco gave Sue the strongest character development ever. Too bad she reverted back from being a strong leader. That reversion happened well before the current book though.
    If they hadn't done the ugly trashy cut-out uniform, then it would have been even better. But yes, I have to give credit to DeFalco for making her the team leader.

The team will be at the Hellfire Gala
    According to the art, they will be partly written by Duggan
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 05-04-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If they hadn't done the ugly trashy cut-out uniform, then it would have been even better. But yes, I have to give credit to DeFalco for making her the team leader.
    It really isn't that bad. Æon Flux was way popular at the time as was Psylocke. Neither of those were called "trashy" by fandom.

I still want the suit to go to Nita one day.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    After what they did to Reed in the Crossover, I can't imagine he would go. More proof that whole series was pointless

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    After what they did to Reed in the Crossover, I can't imagine he would go. More proof that whole series was pointless
    You mean Zdarsky's mini X-Men/Fantastic Four right? I have to agree. I was disappointed with that esp after Zdarsky had an entertaining run with his Marvel Two in One series.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I know I'm ignoring most of your excellent post, but this is a funny phrase.
    Too funny. Or me being Obtuse. Yes. Oberon the Obtuse. Most of you guys have far better posts than mine. Thanks.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'd rather eat bugs, than read X comics, but I'm slightly curious about this.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Anyone else excited for Franklin's Walk of Shame on Krakoa!!!

If Franklin isn't going to be his usual bitch emo self & not act a fool & be salty he really has no buisness being on my page! Watch him kiss they asses hoping to get back in good with Krakoa like a little sad puppy kicked out in the rain!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You mean Zdarsky's mini X-Men/Fantastic Four right? I have to agree. I was disappointed with that esp after Zdarsky had an entertaining run with his Marvel Two in One series.

Couldn't have them dress up? They would've killed it with their outfits...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If Franklin isn't going to be his usual bitch emo self & not act a fool & be salty he really has no buisness being on my page! Watch him kiss they asses hoping to get back in good with Krakoa like a little sad puppy kicked out in the rain!
    Don't people dress up for Galas anymore?
    ~ Oberon ~

Is that Tempo?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume