Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1641
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We have, during Stern's run in Avengers#267-269. Happened before the Masters of Evil besieged Avengers Mansion.

Rama Tut and the Scarlet Centurion were also there?

Looks like another Kang story I’ll need to re-read.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm going to have to read that one too. I wasn't reading many comics in that era and then I discovered the Stern/Buscema run years later with their Under Siege arc. I'm going to have to read this Kang story on Marvel Unlimited.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

My problem with this while Kang arc, is that other than the Rama Tut introduction, I feel like Kang has been a more avengers villain.

Though Kangs relationship to the Richards family has always been hinted and implied.

Also, will they address Rama Tuts uh
    ..thing for Sue

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    My problem with this while Kang arc, is that other than the Rama Tut introduction, I feel like Kang has been a more avengers villain.

Though Kangs relationship to the Richards family has always been hinted and implied.

Also, will they address Rama Tuts uh
    ..thing for Sue
    A lot of the villains in the early Lee/Kirby days would take Sue hostage....Namor (twice) Doom, Puppet Master (FF #8) Mole Man (FF #31)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    A lot of the villains in the early Lee/Kirby days would take Sue hostage....Namor (twice) Doom, Puppet Master (FF #8) Mole Man (FF #31)
    Sue really got the short end of the stick in the early days. Besides the constant hostage role, she almost never had a heroic cover pose. She usually appeared with her hand over her mouth looking fearful while Johnny, Ben, and Reed were attacking.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Have we ever seen all the Kang iterations in the same place and the same time before? Avengers Forever maybe? I think the one that gets forgotten is the young version Iron Lad who was in Heinberg's Young Avengers. He and Cassie Lang had a little puppy love going.
    That would be impossible since they added new ones. Thanks, Mr. Waid.

I think the major ones showed up in Waid's ANAD Avengers when Vision tried to assassinate Baby Nathaniel. That's where the Doom variant came from.
    "Cable was right!"

That's not ANAD Avengers. It's the second half of Waid's Avengers after the teens left to form the Champions. The book renumbered as just The Avengers at that point, and the stuff with Vision was the first arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was skimming the new Epic Collections that came today (decided to go all in on FF).. Some of these stories have been a long time since I read them. I wonder how Slott could explain how Ben and Sharon got hit by more cosmic rays, mutating Sharon into the She-Thing and further mutating Ben? If the rays came from Spyre, did they have a hand in that, too? It’ll never get brought up again, but got me wondering..

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I was skimming the new Epic Collections that came today (decided to go all in on FF).. Some of these stories have been a long time since I read them. I wonder how Slott could explain how Ben and Sharon got hit by more cosmic rays, mutating Sharon into the She-Thing and further mutating Ben? If the rays came from Spyre, did they have a hand in that, too? It’ll never get brought up again, but got me wondering..
    The initial cosmic rays were affected by Spyre I thought, not actually caused. But that's an irrelevant nitpick. My take is that the Spyre origin hubbub will either be disproven or forgotten. Even if not, the effects of more cosmic rays such as with Ben may be easier to do once he was irradiated once. Sharon, I don't know. Perhaps Slott is aware of all of the discrepancies caused when his Spyre idea was implemented and they will be part of the actual resolution of the Spyre/Sky subplot. Or Slott will realize it was a bad idea and possibly been told to undo the origin causation gimmick.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Spoiler free opinion of the anniversary issue:

I don't like being too negative with art, but the art was ugly and distracting I hated it. The main story was basically all about Kang and the reveal at the end was something done before in the 90s.

Waid's backup story was a cute retelling of their origin and I love the art in that by Renaud. The only negative is that it incorporates the changes Slott made during to their origin meaning Johnny is now the world's youngest trained astronaut. My problem with that is that it now makes Sue the least qualified in every sense and makes things even more misogynistic that the original 60s run. That change was was not thought out at all.

Also, as per usual in this run, Sue is just wallpaper in terms of character moments and interactions in this anniversary issue while the others get more to do.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-15-2021 at 05:45 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Spoiler free opinion of the anniversary issue:

I don't like being too negative with art, but the art was ugly and distracting I hated it. The main story was basically all about Kang and the reveal at the end was something done before in the 90s.

Waid's backup story was a cute retelling of their origin and I love the art in that by Renaud. The only negative is that it incorporates the changes Slott made during to their origin meaning Johnny is now the world's youngest trained astronaut. My problem with that is that it now makes Sue the least qualified in every sense and makes things even more misogynistic that the original 60s run. That change was was not thought out at all.

Also, as per usual in this run, Sue is just wallpaper in terms of character moments and interactions in this anniversary issue while the others get more to do.
    To be fair, this was some of the best art from Romita Jr in ages. It certainly didn't look as sketchy or phoned in as the stuff he was doing over at DC.

I thought this was a good anniversary issue. Some of Slott's leas than desirable dialogue touches reared their head, but he mostly kept it to a minimum.

As for the reveal at the end? Yeah, it's been done (like most stuff in this run). But given who it relates too, it makes sense. As with everything it is what they do with that reveal that counts. It certainly won't happen next issue by the looks of it.

I used to love JRJR’s art in the 80’s but now it just fell flat on me. As for the ending…. They had better at least mention Huntara!

From a Time Traveler's point of view

the child of Susan is guaranteed to be awesome in most ways.

Sue being the possible grandmother X 1000 years would not be genetically unsound.

But it does seem creepy and a holdover from the '60s. Though within that decade Sue gave birth to Franklin and not much later Kang sought the Celestial Madonna for the same reasons?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

spoilers:
    Why do I expect Slott to go with the cliche that this sister will be as smart as or smarter than Reed?
    end of spoilers

Am I the only one that thought spoilers:
    the sister appeares to be Monica Rambeau??!
    end of spoilers
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume