Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1641
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I was wondering about this FF #1 Tribute book. Glad I didn't get it, sounds interesting at best. And that overbearing coloring! I like Chis Sprouse, but the coloring here overwhelms his art. And I am sure it is too dark in print. As too many modern comics are.
    I don't find the coloring today overbearing, for the most part anyway. It is IMO a vast improvement over the limitations of the past. For example, Iron Man armor was supposed to have a golden look but of course you just get yellow in the old version. The new coloring does make him look like the Golden Avenger. And don't you find the colors on Attuma on the right more menacing instead of the hot pink of the older version?

I find that too many colorist working on the computer screen don't understand printing. They are usually too dark in print. They also often overwhelm and hide the art with effects.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I find that too many colorist working on the computer screen don't understand printing. They are usually too dark in print. They also often overwhelm and hide the art with effects.
    Maybe the darkness is intentional, esp for a comic like say Batman or Daredevil that have a grim and gritty setting. If is a more light hearted theme, then the colors can be brighter.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-24-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe the darkness is intentional, esp for a comic like say Batman or Daredevil that have a grim and gritty setting. If is a more light hearted theme, then the colors can be brighter.
    There is dark or muted colors, and coloring too dark to see the art. Big difference. Colors on a computer screen and on the printed page are very different. Colorists used to know the printing process, unfortunately, many today don't seem to. If you are hiding the artists and inkers line work, you aren't doing your job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There is dark or muted colors, and coloring too dark to see the art. Big difference. Colors on a computer screen and on the printed page are very different. Colorists used to know the printing process, unfortunately, many today don't seem to. If you are hiding the artists and inkers line work, you aren't doing your job.
    I can't recall any instances of that in my reading. What comic(s) specifically are you referring too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can't recall any instances of that in my reading. What comic(s) specifically are you referring too.
    I really didn't want to hijack this thread. Comic book coloring is a whole other topic. Maybe I should start a new thread if I have the time.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-25-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Sounds great on paper. Did someone mention that the recent mysterious visitor who destroyed the Fantastix is related to this?

I need good cosmic opera.

I also want to say that Routh would be a very acceptable Reed. He even has brown eyes! I'm a stickler for those kind of things.

So who would be his Sue? Prefer a woman who is noticably 10 years younger than him, but not too young of an adult look.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sounds great on paper. Did someone mention that the recent mysterious visitor who destroyed the Fantastix is related to this?

I need good cosmic opera.
    I may have missed a detail but I am under the impression that that will be tied into the Reckoning War somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So who would be his Sue? Prefer a woman who is noticably 10 years younger than him, but not too young of an adult look.
    And that's a good point with an FF movie series (hopeful, ain't I?). Sue is younger than Reed and was young at the time of the space flight. Now we see Sue as the mother of a teenager and a tween where she shouldn't look like a young adult. Depending on the take with the origin, Sue may need some adult time to develop her profession. But a leading lady that looks 23 is a trope for Hollywood.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I may have missed a detail but I am under the impression that that will be tied into the Reckoning War somehow.

And that's a good point with an FF movie series (hopeful, ain't I?). Sue is younger than Reed and was young at the time of the space flight. Now we see Sue as the mother of a teenager and a tween where she shouldn't look like a young adult. Depending on the take with the origin, Sue may need some adult time to develop her profession. But a leading lady that looks 23 is a trope for Hollywood.
    honestly? Sue doesn't age much in comics where she actually IS older. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Susan_Storm_(Earth-982)
    See? She's in her 40s or 50s, but doesn't really look it. I just head canon it that her aging is invisible.

Yeah, if anything she looks younger as she gets older. That 60s bob she started with actually makes her look older than the longer styles she's had in recent years. In Dark Ages after a timeskip she wears a ponytail, and when I first saw that look on a cover, I wasn't sure if it was Sue or Valeria (who'd be grown up after that timeskip, even Moon Girl, aged up into her teens, looks like an adult), she looks that young.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic rays have them all aging slower? With Ben not aging at all because of his particular transformation.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Cosmic rays have them all aging slower? With Ben not aging at all because of his particular transformation.
    We're off on a tangent from the thought of Sue looking younger than Reed in a movie. But this observation is one I think applies to all of the four. Ben doesn't age as long as he's in Thing state. When he reverts back to being Ben, he ages normally. Basically when he's using his powers. Maintaining that Sue, Reed, and Johnny all do not age while they're using their powers would inhibit the aging process while still letting them look older.

After seeing what happened to Ben in the future at the end of Hickman's run, Reed not investigating this possibility in the others seems weird.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yes, there has been tinkering with the aging process of the FF. There was the one story in the days when Byrne did a brief stint just as the "art robot" as he phrases it for Marv Wolfman's story in FF #214. In the previous issue, a Skrull had used an aging ray on Sue, Reed and Ben and they were aged dramatically. Johnny battled a Skrull robot who was going to zap him and he was able to get the device from him before melting the Skrullbot. He revived Reed and together they modified the ray gun so that it reversed the aging process. But it had the bonus effect of making them younger.

Then later in Hickman's Fantastic Four run, the children created a serum that would allow Ben to be human once a year. But the side effect is that it was the only day that he would age. I'm not sure if this change is still in effect though. Seems like it might have been forgotten or ignored.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-27-2021 at 10:41 AM.

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

So I guess Wizard takes them to court over custody of Bentley?