Page 68 of 110 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1641
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Ben was an underdog because the FF often went up against powerful aliens and cosmic beings, but when it came to earth heroes he was among the top..
    This is true but too many writers don't see it that way. Against the Hulk, he'll always be the underdog. That was the on good thing Slott did. He gave Ben a win over the Hulk.

I think that when it comes to writers for the FF, Marvel should aim for the ones with the big ideas and good at the cosmic stuff. Those like Hickman and Ewing.
    It's too bad Ewing is tied into the X books for now. I'd love to see him on the Fantastic Four.

I know a lot of you would disagree, but I think the team should separate from each other for a while. Find a reason why they can't come together for a while and have them go on adventures and separately. It's what I hoped for after Secret Wars, but we only got it with Ben and Johnny.
    I think these characters are in a rut when together and it's just a replay of the same character beats and interactions since 60 years ago. Them temporarily going their sperate ways would be beneficial for them, especially for Sue and Johnny. Sue was her most interesting in her solo and Johnny was much more mature and interesting when he was on the Avengers away from his dynamic with his family.

These characters being apart for a while would be beneficial to develop them as individuals and they have the potential to be better when they come back together. Bringing new dynamics, interactions, and even characters with them.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I know a lot of you would disagree, but I think the team should separate from each other for a while.
    I'd tweak this by having the core FF operate out of the various properties they own. We saw Reed's inherited house in California way back during Byrne's run; whatever happened to that? Maybe one of them can move there. Recruit some of their allies and former members (Sharon Ventura) as support staff or on-location members. Is the Foundation space station still in orbit, or can that be recreated?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'd tweak this by having the core FF operate out of the various properties they own. We saw Reed's inherited house in California way back during Byrne's run; whatever happened to that? Maybe one of them can move there. Recruit some of their allies and former members (Sharon Ventura) as support staff or on-location members. Is the Foundation space station still in orbit, or can that be recreated?
    That would be cool way to also expand the franchise. I think there should be some villain plot that means the family can't come together and have each of them operate solo or with these new teams each with their own objective.

That would be cool way to also expand the franchise.
    If Slott's not planning anything significant for the Fantastix another writer might as well have them train under the F4 and move to another of their properties. Also bring back the Fantastic Force team with a mix of old and new members.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

I know a lot of you would disagree, but I think the team should separate from each other for a while. Find a reason why they can't come together for a while and have them go on adventures and separately. It's what I hoped for after Secret Wars, but we only got it with Ben and Johnny.
    I think these characters are in a rut when together and it's just a replay of the same character beats and interactions since 60 years ago. Them temporarily going their sperate ways would be beneficial for them, especially for Sue and Johnny. Sue was her most interesting in her solo and Johnny was much more mature and interesting when he was on the Avengers away from his dynamic with his family.

These characters being apart for a while would be beneficial to develop them as individuals and they have the potential to be better when they come back together. Bringing new dynamics, interactions, and even characters with them.
    I liked the late #190s of v. 1 for this arc. Each of the 4 had stories on their own. Naturally Sue's involved Namor, but the dynamic at the time was cool. And it led to one of the best Dr. Doom vs FF plots, in # 200
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    To be honest, every newly female toddler, girl, or young women appearing in the comics is said to be already smarter than Reed, Tony, or Pym. Moon Girl, Val, that Braddock child, Riri, Brandi Starbrand, and every teenager working for Peter Parker or any other technology based company.
    I wouldn't count Brandy in there. Heroes Reborn aged her up a bit and she's now a foul mouthed toddler (having picked it up from Rocket Raccoon), but she hasn't shown signs of being super intelligent. She just instinctively knows how to use her powers.

It's definitely true about Lunella "Moon Girl" Lafeyette, Valeria "Brainstorm" Richards, Maggie Braddock (who, like Val at the same age, can speak like an adult despite only being a toddler), and Riri "Ironheart" Williams. Those four are all super geniuses. Nadia "Wasp" Van Dyne is another one of course.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think this is a good story idea. I could see a year with separate plots for each member whether interspersed or just running minis through the book. I think I'd prefer the interspersing myself. Ben's done a LOT of MTIO stories and coming up with a break from each other frankly seems like a natural happening. Have Reed and Sue split their kids and boom, an AMIABLE temporary separation. Honestly, I want to impress amiable as an emotion heated breakup is not what they need, but something to advance character, not repair problems.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Issue 34 was meh and felt so low stakes, like most of this run has been.

Also, he's terrible at writing Sue. I prefer when he's ignoring her because this is cliche and bad.

I feel like Johnny has regressed so much over the last few years OMG he's such a grown child, it's not even charming anymore.

BANNED

After 35 I think I might have drop this, I can't pay money for this garbage anymore no matter how much I love the FF.

Slott just can't write the FF or Doom without pretending he's from the 60s.

The end was just trash and we all saw it coming and it's nothing new, God I wish Ewing was on this instead of Sword to go with his awesome Guardians.

Also, RB Silva is a fantastic artist but so many panels were so bad like sketches because it was so rushed but I don't think he's on any more issues from the Aug/sept/oct solicits.

I think it's only further downhill from here now and It just winds me up reading this now.

Just noticed that it's 34 issues in and there is no plot. Random things just happen. If you were to describe what this book is about it would be: "the FF do stuff".
    There is no main plot like Hulk with his immortal status, the X-Men and their new status quo etc.

It's a nothing run with no story.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

True.

Spidey has Kindred.
    X-Men has Krakoa (although some books suck at it)
    Hulk has Immortal stuff, Iron Man has Korvac, Thor has All-Father Thor.

Griever's gone nowhere.
    Two wasted Doom arcs.
    Point of origin.

Everything else was random.

Can't disagree with Crimz on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post

lol

also no FF until 1/9
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 07-28-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

I tweeted Slott that Johnny's case isn't new, so are there more developments to that in the following issues to make it different from past cases.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.