Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1641
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wanda looking good for a dead woman.
    "Cable was right!"

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well it was supposed to be published last year way before ToM, so the juxtaposition now…

I'm wondering if Chthon controlling Franklin is a sign that being powerless (for now), he is susceptible to entities offering him power (at the cost of corrupting him). Or Wanda suspects that and projected it into her nightmare.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well it was supposed to be published last year way before ToM, so the juxtaposition now…

I'm wondering if Chthon controlling Franklin is a sign that being powerless (for now), he is susceptible to entities offering him power (at the cost of corrupting him). Or Wanda suspects that and projected it into her nightmare.
    Also... why was Wanda dreaming about the Marvel Girl version of Valeria?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also... why was Wanda dreaming about the Marvel Girl version of Valeria?
    That should be regular Valeria (I guess the artist drew her a bit older). Marvel Girl Valeria wears a Doctor Doom costume.
    "Cable was right!"

isnt it happening on another mulitverse earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That should be regular Valeria (I guess the artist drew her a bit older). Marvel Girl Valeria wears a Doctor Doom costume.
    I meant in terms of powers not costume. She's protecting herself with an energy bubble and talking about how she can feel the flow of Chthon's energy and thinks she can block it off.

And a ponytail, not a bob.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Maybe hinting (hopefully) that Val is getting powered up?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Valeria probably does have Marvel Girl Valeria's essence or the equivalent of the Trekian Vulcan "katra" if you prefer but she has none of the memories. She mysteriously disappeared when Franklin did his thing and made Sue pregnant again with the child she lost in Byrne's run.

But more importantly, is Valeria using what appears to be her mother's force fields in that preview?!?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-28-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Not a fan of Val developing the same powers as Sue. Would rather her ability be her genius or something unique to her.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not a fan of Val developing the same powers as Sue. Would rather her ability be her genius or something unique to her.
    Honestly, Sue's powers don't thematically fit Valeria. They fit Franklin more. Sue's powers are basically a Green Lantern Ring without the recharge time or weakness to fear or rage vomit.

If I could come up with a few powers:

1. Enhanced Speed which represents her mind moving faster than a normal human brain and her body reflecting that.
    2. Foldabody (Edgeshot from MHA) which represents geniuses need to be flexible to overcome obstacles.
    3. Technopathy which represents Valeria's engineering aptitude, though this can undercut her genius if used wrong.
    4. Lasers because everything is more scientific with lasers because I said so.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Honestly, Sue's powers don't thematically fit Valeria. They fit Franklin more. Sue's powers are basically a Green Lantern Ring without the recharge time or weakness to fear or rage vomit.

If I could come up with a few powers:

1. Enhanced Speed which represents her mind moving faster than a normal human brain and her body reflecting that.
    2. Foldabody (Edgeshot from MHA) which represents geniuses need to be flexible to overcome obstacles.
    3. Technopathy which represents Valeria's engineering aptitude, though this can undercut her genius if used wrong.
    4. Lasers because everything is more scientific with lasers because I said so.
    I agree with her powers being similar to Franklin's, both create things out of nothing and are based on imagination. When Franklin gets his powers again I hope it gets explored.

If Val was to get anything I'd like it to be magic like her Uncle Doom. It would be interesting to see how Reed and Sue react to it and deal with it. Plus it opens the team up for some magic based adventures and Agatha could be brought back to teach Val.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The character assassination of Johnny Storm just to make the Spyricans angry enough to come cause a ruckus??

I think that it's long overdue for Johnny Storm to be portrayed as an adult. Marvel has many younger characters to fill Johnny shoe's .
    Maybe this arc will be the one that places him on par with Ben & Reed as far as age goes.
    And him having sex with Victorious , well they are both consenting adults .
    Maybe they will get back together. That would create some problems for the FF & Doom relationship.

This is a tough call for me because while I agree that Sue and Franklin have some similarities, I think Sue's abilities and concerns work well against magical folks.
    You recalled Agatha and I recall a mini-duel between the Malice-possessed Sue with Agatha during the Defalco run and Agatha felt she was nearly outclassed.
    Sue's powers have been shown to have odd effects, that her field has no true molecular quality or some such (Molecule Man said that in the late 190s when he possessed Reed... hmmmm?)
    So this quality might lend itself to jousting with magical energies.

But I still don't want Val to have similar powers to Sue.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure that Val even has "powers" in that preview page. Force fields can be created with technology too, so it seems just as likely that Val was using a tech-based force field rather than suddenly developing those powers out of the blue.