Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1641

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Fair bit of warning for anyone who wants to see the comments: They're NSFW. Most of the comments are from spambots, praising the event and stating Fantastic Four facts. The majority of these accounts have sexually explicit avatars and names.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Anyone else get the sense that Slott, with all this promo of the event that was 15 years in the making, is trying to top Hickman's epic arc that started in Fantastic Four, then switched to his New Avengers and finally getting us to Secret Wars 2015? I'm a bit skeptical about the 15 year gestation since how could Slott know he would get the FF to write?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Anyone else get the sense that Slott, with all this promo of the event that was 15 years in the making, is trying to top Hickman's epic arc that started in Fantastic Four, then switched to his New Avengers and finally getting us to Secret Wars 2015? I'm a bit skeptical about the 15 year gestation since how could Slott know he would get the FF to write?
    From what I've seen it's more like an idea he couldn't fully use in a book until he got FF. So he's been referencing it as much as he could in his other books. I think this emphasis on 15 years is from the marketing department trying to piggyback on Hickman's planning of his events.
    I doubt Slott believes his story can top or even come close Hickman's. Because that just isn't happening.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

No way is Slott at Hickman's caliber.

I do enjoy Slott a lot but his writing style is old school he writes a lot of fun popcorn style storylines that are easily forgettable; which isn't a bad thing but Hickman has long haul plans from the beginning.

Slott tends to go where ever the story or editorial demands, just see his Spidey run by the end up it they were largely disconnected.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to what he has in plan and it makes me wonder if this will be his swan song on the title

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    From what I've seen it's more like an idea he couldn't fully use in a book until he got FF. So he's been referencing it as much as he could in his other books. I think this emphasis on 15 years is from the marketing department trying to piggyback on Hickman's planning of his events.
    I doubt Slott believes his story can top or even come close Hickman's. Because that just isn't happening.
    100 % agree with you on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    No way is Slott at Hickman's caliber.

I do enjoy Slott a lot but his writing style is old school he writes a lot of fun popcorn style storylines that are easily forgettable; which isn't a bad thing but Hickman has long haul plans from the beginning.

Slott tends to go where ever the story or editorial demands, just see his Spidey run by the end up it they were largely disconnected.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to what he has in plan and it makes me wonder if this will be his swan song on the title
    I don't think Slott is as detail oriented as Hickman either. Remember his chart that he posted towards the beginning of his FF run?

Isn't that the point? Seriously, I want the writers to go out and try to outdo the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm not sure if Slott believes it or not. I have long said that Slott tends to aim very high (Moore or Gaiman high) and although a lot of his stuff is good, he ain't elite with those concepts. Just go back to my comments on his Surfer series. I doubt Marvel is going to do anything to claim that Slott's Reckoning War is better than Hickman's Secret Wars, but they may claim that the overall effects are. As in stuff like explosions, pomp, and danger. Although Hickman destroyed the entire multiverse except for a few characters and those universe were recreated. So any claim of this being that epic is bull$#!+.

And this is teh awesomest.

Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 12-30-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

100 % agree with you on both counts.

I don't think Slott is as detail oriented as Hickman either. Remember his chart that he posted towards the beginning of his FF run?

Oh I remember that's why I love him so much

BANNED

The fact that it's She Hulk who was the character responsible for causing it says it all. The FF were not even on the periphery of having anything to do with it at all IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    The fact that it's She Hulk who was the character responsible for causing it says it all. The FF were not even on the periphery of having anything to do with it at all IIRC.
    The Watchers are central to this story - also one of the most important parts of F4 mythology. She-Hulk is related to F4, Watchers is related to F4, Silver Surfer is related to F4, the concept is completely organic in F4 comics.
    We all understand that the story that Slott has been planning for 15 years will never happen, it’s impossible. We will never see it. But I guess F4 has always been a part of it.
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 12-31-2021 at 12:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    The Watchers are central to this story - also one of the most important parts of F4 mythology. She-Hulk is related to F4, Watchers is related to F4, Silver Surfer is related to F4, the concept is completely organic in F4 comics.
    We all understand that the story that Slott has been planning for 15 years will never happen, it’s impossible. We will never see it. But I guess F4 has always been a part of it.
    Granted that many of the characters that are going to be involved are part of FF lore but I still think that he was setting up She Hulk to ultimately be the character in the central role no doubt related to her role as ex juror agent of the tribunal in which capacity she may have committed some error or miscalculation that leads to the war which she would have been instrumental in also undoing and restoring the status quo or something and the antagonist particularly seemed to be a member of the alien race that were the ultimate isolationists who feared her and her ex lover the star man wolf also could have been part of the sprawling storyline but it seems now it has been retailored into a FF story with she hulk's role marginalized though she may still play a significant role. We shall see.

so how many issues did Mr. Hickman write? Are they collected at all?

How long is Reckoning War supposed to last, in terms of issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how many issues did Mr. Hickman write? Are they collected at all?

All of Hickman's Fantastic Four is collected in one form or another. There was Fantastic Four Omnibus volumes
    #1 and #2. I think they are due for a reprint. They were also collected in multiple volumes of TPBs. After the Death of the Human Torch issue, the Fantastic Four publication was stopped and he started a new comic called FF.

Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #1-5 was a mini series he did prior to writing the main title. I think it was his try out. Reed's invention called The Bridge is introduced here and plays a role throughout his series.
    Fantastic Four Run: 571- 611 plus there was a 605.1 issue
    FF: 1-23

So that's 69 issues all told, unless you also want to add in the 9 issues of Secret Wars too.

Reckoning War Alpha, Fantastic Four: Trial of the Watcher, Fantastic Four 40-44.

All of Hickman's Fantastic Four is collected in one form or another. There was Fantastic Four Omnibus volumes
    #1 and #2. I think they are due for a reprint. They were also collected in multiple volumes of TPBs. After the Death of the Human Torch issue, the Fantastic Four publication was stopped and he started a new comic called FF.

Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #1-5 was a mini series he did prior to writing the main title. I think it was his try out. Reed's invention called The Bridge is introduced here and plays a role throughout his series.
    Fantastic Four Run: 571- 611 plus there was a 605.1 issue
    FF: 1-23

So that's 69 issues all told, unless you also want to add in the 9 issues of Secret Wars too.
    A little bit wrong
    Dark Reign F4 1-5
    F4 570-588
    FF 1-23
    F4 600-611 + 605.1

60 issues of the main run

+ Secret Wars 0-9