Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Thinking about Madam Hydra Sue made me have a little idea. Marvel should create a Frightful Four from Alt Universe versions of the characters. We could have Hydra Sue, The Maker, the Mutant X Thing, and the Marvel Zombie Human Torch.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Hydra Sue from Claremont’s Exiles run should become Sue’s archenemy. She could go by the nom de guerre of Malice. Dye her hair black or red to distinguish themselves from each other.
    Thinking about Madam Hydra Sue made me have a little idea. Marvel should create a Frightful Four from Alt Universe versions of the characters. We could have Hydra Sue, The Maker, the Mutant X Thing, and the Marvel Zombie Human Torch.
    I find both of these ideas intriguing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This sounds great. You are wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I find both of these ideas intriguing.
    Loads of potential on these unused gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This sounds great. You are wise.
    Lol thanks. <3
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Incredible Member

The Fantastic Four Remake Their History in 'Fantastic Four: Life Story'

In the tradition of SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY, writer Mark Russell and artist Sean Izaakse explore the 60-year history of the Fantastic Four.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...our-life-story

The Fantastic Four celebrates its 60th anniversary this year! The iconic Stan Lee and Jack Kirby creation, credited with kicking off Marvel Comics’ historic Silver Age, have starred in some of the most memorable comic book adventures of all time, and now their illustrious saga will be presented in a radical new way in FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY.

Written by acclaimed writer Mark Russell (Second Coming, Wonder Twins) and drawn by Sean Izaakse (FANTASTIC FOUR, AVENGERS NO ROAD HOME) , FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY will be written in the same approach as Chip Zdarsky and Mark Bagley’s hit series, SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY. FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY will tell the entire history of the Fantastic Four from beginning to end, set against the key events of the decades through which their stories were published.

FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY #1 will take place in the Swinging Sixties when Reed Richards, Ben Grimm, Sue Storm, and Johnny Storm took that fateful journey to space that changed the face of comic book storytelling forever. Against the backdrop of the Cold War and the Space Race, a terrible accident occurs that gives them great powers and a terrible secret, entangling them in Earth’s history forever as they transform into the world’s premiere Super Hero team.

“What I’ve always loved about the Fantastic Four is how it reduces the cosmic struggle of human survival to the scale of a family squabble while treating personal relationships as a matter of truly galactic importance,” Russell said. “Weaving their story and their world into our story and what’s happened in our world over the last sixty years was an important reminder to me of how smart it is to approach life like that.”

“Working on a story about Marvel’s First Family is not only an honor in itself, but what makes it even more so is being part of the team that gets to tell such a moving and heartfelt story about these iconic characters, their struggles and triumphs in a new way that draws on what has come before,” Izaakse said. "If I do my job right, this story will be one that Fantastic Four fans will remember for a long, long time.”

Astonishing Member

I dropped the current Fantastic Four series only to find out that this would takes its place, this is exciting.

I’m so glad to see Sean still associated with the FF. The issues he did for this current volume have been some of my favorites, no small part of that goes to his art.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This better be good cuz FF Grand Design was some sh*t.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

If Sue goes off with Namor in this one, I'm going to tear the book.

Astonishing Member

To play Devil’s advocate, there are probably ways to make Sue/Namor or even grand design’s thing with Franklin in a way that doesn’t do Reed or Sue dirty.

Marvel just keep doing it the most stupid possible way every chance they get.

There's no way we aren't going to see Namor and Sue, since it was the big triangle of the early issues. However, after her marriage to Reed, I only want to see Namor and Sue together if it actually shows Namor saving Sue and Reed's marriage, like he did in FF147-149. Also, we've already seen Namor with an elderly old flame, Betty Dean Prentiss. No need for a repeat.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this mini-series. I thought it was a cool idea when Zdarsky did it for Spider-Man, but I've no interest in that character. Though, I do hope they stop the story before the characters become extremely geriatric.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

There's no way we aren't going to see Namor and Sue, since it was the big triangle of the early issues. However, after her marriage to Reed, I only want to see Namor and Sue together if it actually shows Namor saving Sue and Reed's marriage, like he did in FF147-149. Also, we've already seen Namor with an elderly old flame, Betty Dean Prentiss. No need for a repeat.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to this mini-series. I thought it was a cool idea when Zdarsky did it for Spider-Man, but I've no interest in that character. Though, I do hope they stop the story before the characters become extremely geriatric.
    There is no way to examine Sue Storm's history without Namor being a part of it. It's pretty clear in the early days of the FF, Sue was very enamored of Namor, and he for her. But Sue eventually chose Reed and although Namor remains a friend and confidant, there really is no desire on Sue's part to be with Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There is no way to examine Sue Storm's history without Namor being a part of it. It's pretty clear in the early days of the FF, Sue was very enamored of Namor, and he for her. But Sue eventually chose Reed and although Namor remains a friend and confidant, there really is no desire on Sue's part to be with Namor.
    And the same is true of Namor -- he's more than moved on. He married twice and had a number of other relationships. He saved Reed and Sue marriage twice. But writers keep dragging him back into that triangle.

And the same is true of Namor -- he's more than moved on. He married twice and had a number of other relationships. He saved Reed and Sue marriage twice. But writers keep dragging him back into that triangle.
    The difference between Namor and Sue is that Namor does mention it. I'm torn between he still cares for her in that way, or he keeps it up as a bit of a joke. It is far too common a trope, but there are women I still flirt with even though there is no chance, but I've been flirting with them for decades. I can certainly see Namor as having that "yes, I know you've been married for nearly twenty years or so, have two children with him, but hey, I am still the crown prince of Atlantis" swagger.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but hoping it doesn't turn into a Reed hate-fest or Sue leaving him for Namor like these books tend to do.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!