Page 14 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around when "Oh My Stars!" became her catchphrase.
    I hadn't really noticed it until I read this post. Now I'm extra annoyed to see Slott used it again today. There were a ton of things wrong about Sue in this issue, but I've really got to shake my head at whoever thinks "Oh my stars!" is catchy in 2021.

Mighty Member

We all know her catchphrase is "Johnny no!" It's short, simple, and to the point.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I hadn't really noticed it until I read this post. Now I'm extra annoyed to see Slott used it again today. There were a ton of things wrong about Sue in this issue, but I've really got to shake my head at whoever thinks "Oh my stars!" is catchy in 2021.
    Hank McCoy has been known to use the full version which is "My stars and garters!" Maybe Slott doesn't want to use the garters part even though it has nothing to do with garters for women's nylons. Stars and Garters is associated the Noble Order of the Garter. The Queen of England can bestow this honor on a worthy subjects. The emblem that is used for the badge is in the shape of a star, which you can see in the photo in this article that shows Queen Elizabeth wearing

But I don't think many people under the age of 80 use that phrase....I can't understand why Slott would want to make Sue that old fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I have some... choice words for how he writes Sue. But I'm gonna keep it cute and polite.

His Sue is simply bad and the character he obviously has no idea what to do with.

Can we get another Sue solo with a writer who cares and has plans for the character? Or put her on another team please?

*Also the way he poses Sue as being wrong and ignorant about the soulmate situation irritates me. She's right. The soulmate thing is stupid and Johnny is rushing into another relationship because that's what he does. Trying to make her seem like the bad guy for pointing it out is not the way to go.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-10-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

You guys should start a band called "the Boo-hoo Sue's"

I thoroughly enjoyed it and was glad to see Sue and even Sky get some extra air time.

Now if they could only bring back Sharon.....
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

I thoroughly enjoyed it and was glad to see Sue and even Sky get some extra air time.

And you should learn that people have differing opinions. What's your problem? I make sure to never insult or take away from another fan who has an opposite opinion than mine on a run. I've never said anything shady or commented negatively on those who enjoy this, so why do you think you should?
    I suggest you grow up and only post your opinion on the books and keep it at that. If you don't like my opinion on the run then block me because this immature thing you're doing is not going to make me stop voicing my opinion on the book.

Wasn't being that serious. Geez.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Wasn't being that serious. Geez.
    You've done it multiple times and I let it slide the first few, but you kept doing it. I don't care if you're not being serious, I'm not finding it funny.

Not sure why, but Sue's depiction has not been a big concern to me, and it normally would too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sharon back, at least to update us.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

This latest issue was weird. Sue did not feel like sue at all to me. She felt green and mean for no reason. Also those bands on Johnny and sky seem like prison bands to me rather than soulmate bands. and the relationship between johnny and sky just does not ring true for me. I also don't get why Sue is acting like johnny is some 19 year old.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

An anniversary was mentioned, but not to brag, I have my own.

I think I have this memory of reading a Strange Tales while I was in the hospital at 8, early '64. I was quarantined for 2 weeks because of an infectious disease. I ended up being a kind of indoors, sickly, reading child. But

The Strange Tales had Johnny facing off against the Wizard and I was struck by the art depiction which I can only describe as being very moody and surreal to my childhood sensibilities. Btw, as the Tarot Reader of Note on some threads, this experience of being alone was where some of my intuitive abilities and general witchiness began to develop.

The Torch was fighting the Wizard and had Sue do things invisbibly which shocked the Wizard into conceding who was more powerful. Wizard went on to greater mischief as we all know.
    Years later as an 11 or 12 year old in 1967, I read the FF # 64, Sentry Sinister and it was my click moment. I probably have read nearly every issue after that, and ended up collecting many of the previous ones (not # 1, but there is another story).
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That was a bad look for Susan and Sky is a saint all of a sudden just so we can get them to fight each other. Laughing emoji.

On the other hand it was still entertaining and the art was fabulous but Knull can f**k off. He derailed S.W.O.R.D. and GotG too.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This latest issue was weird. Sue did not feel like sue at all to me.
    If Sue always spies on Johnny's girls, she should've known he was boning a Skrull.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, surely Lyja would've shifted back to her own form when in private, rather than staying as Alicia 24/7. Can Skrulls maintain a shifted form when asleep or do they revert to default?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Lyja went through rigorous training to maintain the form. Although maintaining a form for too long is stressful.

lyjafirst.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 02-11-2021 at 09:02 AM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura