Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Question 1:
    Who do you think would be the bride of Doom?
    Aunt May.

At least Kang is here. People only use him in Avengers stories but he's a threat to everyone just like Doom.
    "Cable was right!"

Ben appears twice, so those reddish panels may not be 'live', so sky lyja and Victorius are not necessarily 'there'.

Maybe the bride is Lyja; that might cause Torch anguish, lol
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Aunt May.

At least Kang is here. People only use him in Avengers stories but he's a threat to everyone just like Doom.
    So is Centurion who for years never showed anywhere but now seems to pop up more often. I can't quite tell what this standing near or in front of him.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    CBR is posting a story about the upcoming 60th anniversary for Fantastic Four, with a tease for

The wedding of Dr. Doom. The article also says they're ramping from May til the anniversary for this, hope to bring back classic villains that everyone is asking for ( 'Oberonificant snort' )
    Question 1:
    Who do you think would be the bride of Doom?
    Question 2:
    Who/what villains would you really want to see, especially if they're classic but not exactly, Classic?
    Q1: Cynthia "Sin" Schmidt

Q2: Quiet Man and Hyperstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Aunt May.

Kang shows up whenever and wherever there's cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's the promo art that just popped up on my FB. Victor engaged again? How many times is that now? There was the amnesiac Shalla Bal and Wanda. I think I am forgetting one.

At first I thought the bride might be Zora/Victorious but she's in the upper left panel I think.

I like the 60th anniversary emblem.

My Prediction is that, based off Slott's recent twist with Franklin, this will cause controversy, so I'm going to predict the Bride of Doom is a future version of Valeria
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    My Prediction is that, based off Slott's recent twist with Franklin, this will cause controversy, so I'm going to predict the Bride of Doom is a future version of Valeria
    Or it could be future transgender franklin because why not
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's the promo art that just popped up on my FB. Victor engaged again? How many times is that now? There was the amnesiac Shalla Bal and Wanda. I think I am forgetting one.

At first I thought the bride might be Zora/Victorious but she's in the upper left panel I think.

I like the 60th anniversary emblem.

Sky, Victorius, and Lyja(?) form a team?

Looks like Ben's trying to murder Reed too.

Not a fan of their 60th being about Doom. It should be about the main team first and foremost, a celebration of the Fantastic Four.
    Having it be another Doom story just adds to notion that he's the only good thing about the property.

Too many writers treat him better than the team and this shouldn't be about him.

Y'all already know my feelings about the rapist.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm not enjoying this run and if I'm tired of being disappointed. It's better if I stop sticking with something that isn't fun to me and put my energy elsewhere. I might post about Life Story if that's good but other than that I'm done. I might be back she Slott eventually leaves but for now I'm just done.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sky, Victorius, and Lyja(?) form a team?

Looks like Ben's trying to murder Reed too.
    Is that supposed to be a flashback to FF#1 when they first got their powers? Or it has something to do with last issue (?) when it was said Ben would have a reason to kill Reed. That’s more likely.

Looking forward to this. I also love that Lyja is still hanging around. I hope she doesn’t get revillainized. Heck, have Johnny choose Sky and Doom marry Lyja... (will never happen). I would love to see more continuity nods from past FF eras during the anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I just hope that Lyja doesn’t impersonate Sky to get Johnny back...
    Last edited by Thundershot; 02-17-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The man fully admitted that he "had" to retcon both Franklin and the origin because it's "boring" to keep things the same. This is why I never want him anywhere near the Power Pack. He would probably just do all sorts of crap and bend over backwards trying to justify edgelord bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Or it could be future transgender franklin because why not
    Franklin would never stoop that low. Remember, he tried to kill off his own friends to feed into his desire to be a victim and therefore "special." Any action he takes is an attempt to place himself at the center. He would never allow Doom to share the spotlight because that's a threat to his specialness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Is that supposed to be a flashback to FF#1 when they first got their powers? Or it has something to do with last issue (?) when it was said Ben would have a reason to kill Reed. That’s more likely
    yes, most likely this is a vision of Reed's possible death at the hands of Ben from F4 28
    RCO017_1611764131.jpg

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The man fully admitted that he "had" to retcon both Franklin and the origin because it's "boring" to keep things the same. This is why I never want him anywhere near the Power Pack. He would probably just do all sorts of crap and bend over backwards trying to justify edgelord bullcrap.

Franklin would never stoop that low. Remember, he tried to kill off his own friends to feed into his desire to be a victim and therefore "special." Any action he takes is an attempt to place himself at the center. He would never allow Doom to share the spotlight because that's a threat to his specialness.
    Franklin tried to kill off his friends?? Why is Slott still on this book??