Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    They didn't change uniforms
    Omg. I thought there was some kind of weird piping on Sue’s uniform, but upon closer inspection, I’m clearly just delusional.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Who do hope is NOT under the veil? Sharon, Wanda, Sky, or Lyja.

Who do I hope is? Morgan Le Fay
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Who do hope is NOT under the veil? Sharon, Wanda, Sky, or Lyja.

Who do I hope is? Morgan Le Fay
    Yeah, I liked Morgan and Victor together in his solo series. She really had softened up a bit and had his back by giving him shelter in NYC when he was a fugitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s Alyssa Moy, just to troll Reed.
    I was just remembering... I'm pretty sure she is dead and hasn't been restored. At least as far as I know. Hickman got rid of her along with a lot of Millar/Hitch baggage when he took over the FF. For sure I know he had Psionics whacked. She was the bank robber gf of Johnnie's. Alyssa's death I didn't agree with ...she was from Claremont's FF. It was pretty violent IIRC and I don't think she deserved it. Marvel doesn't have enough female scientists that are near Reed's level.

Seems like Slott is trying to marry off everybody in the FF at this point.

I guess all of Johnny's main exes coming back will build into whatever the romantic resolution for him ends up being.

Morgan is currently a captive of Jamie Braddock... it looks like he has long term plans for her that haven’t panned out yet, so I doubt it’s her.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    My Prediction is that, based off Slott's recent twist with Franklin, this will cause controversy, so I'm going to predict the Bride of Doom is a future version of Valeria
    I fully kinda think this too. At times they've protrayed Val as cold, calculating and brilliant just like Doom. Which is when she's most interesting. She lacks the empathy and sympathy that come with growing up..

They clearly have a unique relationship where she may be the only person Doom respects (even though she's a kid right now).

They'd both be kinda sticking it to Reed, Sue and everyone else sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I fully kinda think this too. At times they've protrayed Val as cold, calculating and brilliant just like Doom. Which is when she's most interesting. She lacks the empathy and sympathy that come with growing up..

They clearly have a unique relationship where she may be the only person Doom respects (even though she's a kid right now).

I'd still rather it be the original Valeria. Her soul has been trapped in Hell to long IMO. She never did anything evil and is an innocent.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-20-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post

Valeria has seemed to be a bit more humanized in post SW appearances. She's getting along better with Sue and dealing with Franklin well, even if she often acts as the older sibling. However, I am thinking of Millar's first introduction of Val's super-intelligence when Future Sue tells her to basically cut the crap and quit faking. It's possible Val does have some sort of sociopathic lack of empathic emotion. She's certainly smart enough to know how to fake it. I'm not sure Val has any real reason to stick it to Reed, but if we're talking about a future version of Val, who knows what could have happened.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I'm just gonna say it. I can't see Jennifer Lawrence as Susan Storm at the moment, especially if she's in disinterested Mystique mode. I would much prefer an older actress that I can imagine being a mom myself. Emily Brunt or Charlize Theron being my current picks. But Jennifer strikes me as someone who dislikes long term roles, and Susan is definitely a character who needs to be around for a while in the MCU.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So I'm just gonna say it. I can't see Jennifer Lawrence as Susan Storm at the moment, especially if she's in disinterested Mystique mode. I would much prefer an older actress that I can imagine being a mom myself. Emily Brunt or Charlize Theron being my current picks. But Jennifer strikes me as someone who dislikes long term roles, and Susan is definitely a character who needs to be around for a while in the MCU.
    She's 30, so she's not exactly young. Certainly old enough to play a mom, unless you're expecting a teenage Franklin. However, I agree with your overall point. After seeing her as Mystique, I'm surprised Marvel would even consider her. Unless they think they just need some bigger names to redeem the franchise.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    She's 30, so she's not exactly young. Certainly old enough to play a mom, unless you're expecting a teenage Franklin. However, I agree with your overall point. After seeing her as Mystique, I'm surprised Marvel would even consider her. Unless they think they just need some bigger names to redeem the franchise.
    Fair point, and it is possible that they want to start with young Franklin and Valeria (though I would love to see time travel so we can have adult Franklin running about too), especially since Franklin is another gateway to mutants and the X-Men. But yeah, I am concerned after two previous actress somewhat half-assing Susan to have it happen again with Lawrence. Clearly some of the issues with Mystique stemmed from her having to wear makeup so often, so she might be more into playing Susan if it's done right. So... I dunno. Not the worst choice, but perhaps too safe a choice?

Also seems to possibly imply we'll have a white Johnny again, unless they're going to mine the dumb adoption thing once more from Fan4stick. Still thinking we'll have a secret cameo from Reed or Ben in Wandavision.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

There's something kinda wrong in Rama Tut's introduction...
    He’s white?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Charlize fits my dream, but Emily is close. I guess CT was mentioned years ago as a possibility. She is an amazing looking woman, but possibly older than they now would want. Still . . .
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all