Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So does anyone think that rather than such a name drop, in WV or other shows,

maybe MCU goes the route of a theory that the FF are stuck in the Quantum realm, having been lost there in a previous era, about 60 years ago. Chronopolis, Kang and that theory or idea?

The part of me that wishes they were established as the first real heroes loves this, as it explains where they were. Only Pym, Shield or others knew this happened to the FF and they were forgotten.
    Something like this, coupled with an adult Franklin and Valeria running the Future Foundation in the present and looking to bring them (and unintentionally Doom) back to them.

Alternatively I would love the idea of having Boris appearing in various MCU movies to set up Doom, kind of like an anti Coulson.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Whilst I think it's probably not likely that Jessica Alba will play Sue again despite the interest for some, I have to admit I would LOVE with the multiverse stuff in play if we got to see the 2005/2007 Fantastic Four for a scene or two and reunite that cast. If we can have Spider-Men and X-Men back again for a spell it would be awesome to have them too.
    I have no problem with this. The idea of Chris playing his original role, as a possibly still immature Johnny is hard to resist.

But they could also play fast and loose with the FF story; show an almost version of that Ff, but with a CGI She Thing anc Crystal sans Reed and Sue, or other possible versions.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Whilst I think it's probably not likely that Jessica Alba will play Sue again despite the interest for some, I have to admit I would LOVE with the multiverse stuff in play if we got to see the 2005/2007 Fantastic Four for a scene or two and reunite that cast. If we can have Spider-Men and X-Men back again for a spell it would be awesome to have them too.
    I'm not sure if she's ever been interested in returning, besides the fact that she wanted to introduce Franklin Richards in Fantastic Four 3, but even if she was interested, her Sue Storm always got so much negative reception that I can't see Marvel being interested. But I would like to see cameos of the Fantastic Four from the 2005/2007 movies since that was what introduced me to the FF so I've always had a lot of nostalgia for that iteration.

I have no problem with this. The idea of Chris playing his original role, as a possibly still immature Johnny is hard to resist.

But they could also play fast and loose with the FF story; show an almost version of that Ff, but with a CGI She Thing anc Crystal sans Reed and Sue, or other possible versions.
    There were some rumors that Chris Evans would return as Johnny Storm but I've also heard he's coming back to play Nazi Captain America.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course the actress cast doesn't have to be blonde. They can dye it, wear a wig, or they might even decide not to have her be blonde (i.e. if she isn't white).
    Nobody seems to care whether the actor playing Johnny is blonde or not, so I don't know why it's so important that Sue be blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    Nobody seems to care whether the actor playing Johnny is blonde or not, so I don't know why it's so important that Sue be blonde.
    Maybe because Johnny is typically in his "flame on" mode although you're right that Chris Evans wasn't blonde as Johnny. However, Sue's blonde hair has always been a really iconic element for her.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Even natural blondes don't keep that hair color without a little help.

Sue's hair was platinum blonde in those early appearances whereas Johnny had yellow blonde hair.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Maybe because Johnny is typically in his "flame on" mode although you're right that Chris Evans wasn't blonde as Johnny. However, Sue's blonde hair has always been a really iconic element for her.
    I guess I'm nobody because I feel strongly about some image things for some. It is probably because of their iconic nature. Sue, and Johnny should be 'rather' blonde, if nothing else. Johnny in 2005/2007 just wasn't enough for me, but the personality was pretty spot on. I'm not going to dump on Alba. Casting should have done better, so she did the best she could, not being Euro enough to be somewhat blond.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I guess I'm nobody because I feel strongly about some image things for some. It is probably because of their iconic nature. Sue, and Johnny should be 'rather' blonde, if nothing else. Johnny in 2005/2007 just wasn't enough for me, but the personality was pretty spot on. I'm not going to dump on Alba. Casting should have done better, so she did the best she could, not being Euro enough to be somewhat blond.
    I do not feel this way in all cases. I thought the actor playing Kingpin in the DD movie years ago, Michael Duncan, KILLED it.

But some things are more iconic to me. I even get picky about eye color. Reed, Peter Parker, are brown eyed! Ben is blue eyed. Never the twain shall meet, lol.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Even natural blondes don't keep that hair color without a little help.
    def true. Me and one other sib were blonde/r than the other two, but I went darker by 2 or 3. My younger was considered "a tow-head" and blonde longer. But now he appears slightly darker than me, weird.
    ~ Oberon ~

The FF movies are what introduced me to the FF in the comics so Johnny's hair wasn't an issue for me because I never knew it to be anything else. I'd probably be more critical of that hair color change now but I guess Wanda is an example of a character whose hair should be dark brown but they've changed it to orange red now. We've seen Chris Evans with blondish hair as Cap so that means they could have gone that route with him as Johnny Storm back then. Actually more than the hair color, my issue with his hair was the buzz cut he had in the first movie since Johnny's always had longer hair than that.

I thought the blonde suited Jessica though even if it's not her natural hair color.

Just something for fun now that we have a logo.

^^^ who is this?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The FF movies are what introduced me to the FF in the comics so Johnny's hair wasn't an issue for me because I never knew it to be anything else. I'd probably be more critical of that hair color change now but I guess Wanda is an example of a character whose hair should be dark brown but they've changed it to orange red now. We've seen Chris Evans with blondish hair as Cap so that means they could have gone that route with him as Johnny Storm back then. Actually more than the hair color, my issue with his hair was the buzz cut he had in the first movie since Johnny's always had longer hair than that.

I thought the blonde suited Jessica though even if it's not her natural hair color.
    A lot of people spent a lot of time... venting a lot on that.

She was fine. I really think she was better in Surfer, but the blue eye lens were sorta odd.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ^^^ who is this?
    I can't read what you're commenting on, the picture above your post?

That is Emily Blount who is some fan's favorite choice for Sue. I would like that, but I'm open to other suggestions.
    ~ Oberon ~