Page 27 of 110 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see a couple of changes already - spoilers:
    Ben doesn't already know Reed and is instead introduced to him by Johnny, and the rocket is called Cassandra 4, instead of Marvel 1.
    end of spoilers

The child's name is N'Kalla, or Nikki for short. But yeah, that is creepy. spoilers:
    Sounds like she would've preferred it if Jo-Vann hadn't also been adopted by Ben and Alicia. And I didn't know Skrulls could turn into inanimate objects - she shapeshifts into a sculpture of Alicia.
    end of spoilers
    I was reading some of the Empyre story where these children came to the FF. I don't remember her secret with Alicia about the other child. interesting.

Years and years ago they had indicated that Skrulls, some, would pose as inanimate objects across the galaxy, mostly as spy service to their empire. At one point when that thing happened that locked skrulls into their form (they'd lost their power to change form for a bit) they might have shown that too, skrulls locked into forms that were inanimate.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Yo I thought Nikki & Jo squashed beef? In Empyre they didn't want to kill eachother anymore so that's a weird shift on Nikki's part..... Well either way if it comes down to a choice I like Jo more so she can go honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I was reading some of the Empyre story where these children came to the FF. I don't remember her secret with Alicia about the other child. interesting.

Years and years ago they had indicated that Skrulls, some, would pose as inanimate objects across the galaxy, mostly as spy service to their empire. At one point when that thing happened that locked skrulls into their form (they'd lost their power to change form for a bit) they might have shown that too, skrulls locked into forms that were inanimate.
    I don't know where else the shape-shifting aliens were first used. I know the Durlans preceded the Skrulls, but the Founders in Deep Space Nine may be big enough to make less involved fans believe Skrulls are the copies. Mental health while shape-changing is something that I haven't seen much of. Spying, in general, is full of see everything you can but don't get caught. But we're talking about Skrulls who probably have different mental strengths to deal with the locked into form developments that we human might panic about. I'd expect comic books to make some Skrulls caught in inanimate form to be angry and swearing vengeance.

As for the N'Kalla / Alicia connections, I think it's obvious Slott's got a story there he's planning on writing.
    I値l don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yo I thought Nikki & Jo squashed beef? In Empyre they didn't want to kill eachother anymore so that's a weird shift on Nikki's part..... Well either way if it comes down to a choice I like Jo more so she can go honestly.
    While any implemented anger for each other has been removed (for the most part, I guess, but these are comic books, so...), we should remember Jo and Nikki are being raised as American brother and sister getting much of their education about their new home from pop culture. It makes sense to me that the artificial rivalry would be replaced by a more familial natural rivalry. I don't think we're going to see a consistent set of feelings between the two. Then again, siblings can fluctuate between love and severe anger.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    While any implemented anger for each other has been removed (for the most part, I guess, but these are comic books, so...), we should remember Jo and Nikki are being raised as American brother and sister getting much of their education about their new home from pop culture. It makes sense to me that the artificial rivalry would be replaced by a more familial natural rivalry. I don't think we're going to see a consistent set of feelings between the two. Then again, siblings can fluctuate between love and severe anger.
    I mean I get that but being siblings protecting their mom from an invasion last night to all of a sudden standing over your brother talking about how easily you can kill him in a half shifted form the next morning just seems like a huge abrupt switch in attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean I get that but being siblings protecting their mom from an invasion last night to all of a sudden standing over your brother talking about how easily you can kill him in a half shifted form the next morning just seems like a huge abrupt switch in attitude.
    I'll admit a degree of exaggeration in emotional swings here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Fantastic Four: Life Story#1 Preview https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/23/ma...-life-story-1/
    Kind of wondering what Sue's dynamic is in this because she basically forces herself onto the rocket but she apparently helped design it with Reed.

How does Johnny know Ben?

I'm kind of curious how Ben and Reed not being close might impact the dynamic because that's usually partially what keeps Ben from outright killing Reed in rage over what happened to him (or Sue talking him down). We've also got Sue concerned about what might happen to Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of wondering what Sue's dynamic is in this because she basically forces herself onto the rocket but she apparently helped design it with Reed.

How does Johnny know Ben?

I'm kind of curious how Ben and Reed not being close might impact the dynamic because that's usually partially what keeps Ben from outright killing Reed in rage over what happened to him (or Sue talking him down). We've also got Sue concerned about what might happen to Johnny.
    Johnny knowing Ben is a HUGE change to the FF relationships from the very start. From a writing standpoint, a major difference like that MIGHT actually make sense. Instead of getting into details about histories, we assume the it's different enough that worrying about minutiae doesn't matter. Sue's comment about Johnny seems perfectly in line, though. That could have easily have been said in any version of the FF's origin (with the rocket).

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Is anyone else less than thrilled about another writer toying with the FF's rocket trip? It wasn't that long ago that Slott changed the circumstances in the FF comic. IIRC Fraction might have done it too. It's getting overdone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is anyone else less than thrilled about another writer toying with the FF's rocket trip? It wasn't that long ago that Slott changed the circumstances in the FF comic. IIRC Fraction might have done it too. It's getting overdone now.
    I'm going to get all detailed on you here, but I don't see this as toying with the flight itself. The four steal a rocket, fly into space, get super-powers. That's it. Like the first page of Morrison's All-Star Superman, these are the basics. The issue is how Ben fits into the group. With he and reed as old college buddies who both fought in WW2 nearly 20 years earlier, Ben comes into the picture as a pilot Johnny happens to know. Reed-Ben is one of the most important relationships on the team surpassing Sue-Ben, Johnny-Ben, and Reed-Johnny. Not as important as Reed-Sue and Ben-Johnny though.

Details like the rocket's name really don't matter much. I suppose since I like both Cassandra and Marvel, I'm less inclined to be too into it, but Reed and Ben's loss of history makes Ben more of a hired hand than a member of the family.

Johnny knowing Ben is a HUGE change to the FF relationships from the very start. From a writing standpoint, a major difference like that MIGHT actually make sense. Instead of getting into details about histories, we assume the it's different enough that worrying about minutiae doesn't matter. Sue's comment about Johnny seems perfectly in line, though. That could have easily have been said in any version of the FF's origin (with the rocket).
    Oh, it makes sense from a character perspective, but I kind of wonder if they threw that line in there to establish Sue feeling resentful to Reed over getting Johnny mixed up in this once they get their powers.

I'm going to get all detailed on you here, but I don't see this as toying with the flight itself. The four steal a rocket, fly into space, get super-powers. That's it. Like the first page of Morrison's All-Star Superman, these are the basics. The issue is how Ben fits into the group. With he and reed as old college buddies who both fought in WW2 nearly 20 years earlier, Ben comes into the picture as a pilot Johnny happens to know. Reed-Ben is one of the most important relationships on the team surpassing Sue-Ben, Johnny-Ben, and Reed-Johnny. Not as important as Reed-Sue and Ben-Johnny though.

Details like the rocket's name really don't matter much. I suppose since I like both Cassandra and Marvel, I'm less inclined to be too into it, but Reed and Ben's loss of history makes Ben more of a hired hand than a member of the family.
    IMO it's still going back to the space flight and telling that story again. Enough already. Do something new.

I'm sure future issues will, but you can't have a Life Story without starting from the beginning.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's a tunic, dude. Which is part of the medieval style armor he wears. Just think a moment. What sense would it make to wear pants over armor? Should Iron Man put on a pair of pants over his armor?
    Vic's wearing pants in the picture I commented on. That's why I asked where his skirt went.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Vic's wearing pants in the picture I commented on. That's why I asked where his skirt went.
    It's not like he doesn't wear pants at times.

He frequently wore suits after Secret Wars 2015 and his face was healed, especially when he appeared with Iron Man or in the Infamous Iron Man solo.

As a woman, if I go to the store to buy a skirt, it's a one piece garment that starts at the waist. What Doom normally wears is the medieval style tunic, or long shirt worn over the torso. Dr Strange also wears a tunic. Skirts do not cover the torso.

Note the Renaissance era l painting I found while googling medieval knights
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-26-2021 at 09:41 AM.