Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

New Human Torch Marvel Legends figure revealed in Hasbro Pulse | Fan First Monday (at 38:17).

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is anyone else less than thrilled about another writer toying with the FF's rocket trip? It wasn't that long ago that Slott changed the circumstances in the FF comic. IIRC Fraction might have done it too. It's getting overdone now.
    how many decades is the new mini series going to cover? "Four"? Or more than that?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many decades is the new mini series going to cover? "Four"? Or more than that?
    I assume since it's Life Story it may cover at least a couple of decades

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Six would be the expected number with the 60th anniversary as well as filling a trade.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Yeah, that's what the Spider-Man one did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Six would be the expected number with the 60th anniversary as well as filling a trade.
    i take it we'll get to see middle-aged Franklin and Valeria with their children. Hmm.

Bear in mind, we have seen an adult Franklin and Valeria before. Multiple times. MC2 and Days of Future Past both come to mind, there are more recent examples too. So they do have a template for them.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Something's happening to Johnny.

Maybe something to do with the background image of Johnny in the Doom wedding picture?

In the meantime, today's issue, N'Kalla's moment with Alicia was touching. And the expert? I figured it out before the name reveal.

Edit: Wild guess: Johnny's body will literally become fire (like how Monica Rambeau becomes energy) and he won't be solid.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

That sounds a lot like JSA's Green Lantern. He was originally a normal human, but eventually constant usage of his powers caused him to absorb the Starheart - and he's now literally a green flame in human form (and therefore immortal, which explains why he's still alive, he stopped aging in the 1990s).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Maybe something to do with the background image of Johnny in the Doom wedding picture?

In the meantime, today's issue, N'Kalla's moment with Alicia was touching. And the expert? I figured it out before the name reveal.

Edit: Wild guess: Johnny's body will literally become fire (like how Monica Rambeau becomes energy) and he won't be solid.
    The FF have had some rather major changes to their bodies because of the cosmic rays. Ben's immortal while in Thing form. Ultimate Reed (I shall call him mini-reed) is solid something or another. Johnny becoming flame when he flames on was probably the way Lee and Kirby imagined him (or even how Jim Hammond was thought about). There was the "lighter than air, I can fly" thing.

Like a lot of Marvel's pronouncements, I take this with a grain of salt. FF members have actually died, they've married, they've mutated more, and lost powers. Calling whatever happens to Johnny the greatest change in sixty years may just be a slight exaggeration. Until I actually looked at the ad, I thought Johnny was coming out of the closet, but "Flame On" would be in extremely poor taste. I'd probably bet on not being able to flame off and a new series of "woe is me" stuff than Ben can try to talk him through.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd probably bet on not being able to flame off and a new series of "woe is me" stuff than Ben can try to talk him through.
    I would have guessed that too, but Johnny was unable to flame off at the end of the X-Men "Inferno" event until Reed and Sue returned and Reed used a machine to drain excess energy from him.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I would have guessed that too, but Johnny was unable to flame off at the end of the X-Men "Inferno" event until Reed and Sue returned and Reed used a machine to drain excess energy from him.
    A permanent change would still fit, I think, even if something similar had been done before but fixed.

I have a question for FF fans. It always bugged me that FF is a team of explorers who push the boundaries of science yet the only scientist on the team as far as I know is Reed. What are the expertise of others other than Ben being the pilot? Is this explored in a particular storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Something's happening to Johnny.
    Hope: finally revealing Johnny as bi.

Expectation: the thing everyone else said about not flaming off.