Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Question... is Reed always the leader? Have their been stories where the others have said... no Reed you shouldn't be leader?
    He’s always been the leader presumably because he’s the one who started the whole thing and is the brains of the family. Sue was leader when Reed was presumed dead. I thought she did a good job... Ben was leader when Reed and Sue were briefly in the Avengers. Black Panther was leader when they took time off recently.

Question... is Reed always the leader? Have there been stories where the others have said... no Reed you shouldn't be leader?
    Not while he was still on the team. It would be an interesting change of pace to have a different leader with him still on the team.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Fantastic Member

Reading FF#1... Sue Storm is equally to blame for Ben Grimm's condition as Reed Richards. Ben was concerned with the cosmic rays... then Sue called him a coward and goads him into complying. Does he ever blame her in the comics?

I mean... I'd be pissed if I was Ben Grimm... all 3 of his teammates pretty much screwed him over one way or another.

Question... is Reed always the leader? Have there been stories where the others have said... no Reed you shouldn't be leader?
    I think Sue had taken charge when Reed returned around the vol. 1 #375 era.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When Reed was absent, the leaders were Ben (Reed and Sue on sabbatical/Avengers), Sue (Reed's death), Johnny (w/ Namorita, She-Hulk and Ant-Man when the others were in the Negative Zone), Black Panther (after Civil War I) and Scott Lang (FF vol 2).

Due to most of the team's problems being science fiction in nature, Reed is in the leading role most of the time.
    "Cable was right!"

what are the new planets and other locations that are next on the FF's exploration list?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Dunno what Slott's planned, but my wish is that the FF revisit that futuristic Central City with the genetically-engineered FF-themed patrols in Byrne's last story (and finished by Stern).

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

LMAO Byrne included his infamous creation, T.J. Vance, who looks terrified that She-Hulk is apparently charging at him!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Reading FF#1... Sue Storm is equally to blame for Ben Grimm's condition as Reed Richards. Ben was concerned with the cosmic rays... then Sue called him a coward and goads him into complying. Does he ever blame her in the comics?

I mean... I'd be pissed if I was Ben Grimm... all 3 of his teammates pretty much screwed him over one way or another.
    I can't recall reading anything where he specifically blames her, but that moment was revisited in Slott's #5 (or 650 if you prefer). Sue flashes back to that scene while giving Ben dancing lessons in advance of his impending wedding. Very well done story, I thought.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I can't recall reading anything where he specifically blames her, but that moment was revisited in Slott's #5 (or 650 if you prefer). Sue flashes back to that scene while giving Ben dancing lessons in advance of his impending wedding. Very well done story, I thought.
    Just checked it out! Glad it was acknowledged.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Dunno what Slott's planned, but my wish is that the FF revisit that futuristic Central City with the genetically-engineered FF-themed patrols in Byrne's last story (and finished by Stern).

That looks cool! Some really old school Thing! Yet another book I need to do a re-read on.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I' ve finally caught up with recent FFs, I tend to let them pool up at my LCS, and then read several or whatever.

So I'm liking the art and the plot is more or less standard. I did not find too much fault with Sue or anyone else's characterizations. I'm now rather interested in Johnny resolving his stuff - so bring on the other formers as far as I'm concerned. Well maybe not Medusa, but Crystal and maybe Nova if she is around - is she.

I like the stuff going on with Ben and Alicia and the kids and feel there will be other stories.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about Franklin's revelation. As far as the powers go, we've seen that before and it is a part of him, perhaps, but they should figure it out.
    Still I would also like to see him somehow have to face his other aspects; PSI Lord in particular. I'm really sure he'll figure out his powers eventually but the thing about his X gene always seemed to not matter as much - his story was kept separate from the other mutants mostly. So we shall see how this works out.
    I guess I don't think it is that important, but I'm sure more than meets the eye could be happening.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    LMAO Byrne included his infamous creation, T.J. Vance, who looks terrified that She-Hulk is apparently charging at him!
    This Byrne piece must be a commission? I don't recall seeing this in print. Though ... that's a HUGE commission.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?