Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

So I can't tell what Sue is looking at in the last panel; is it her field coming down over ?

My take is that Sue can shield herself or others from the symb's, but was that Franklin? The panel where it is dark next to him... is he the one the symbiote bonds with?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Speaking of Sue, is her hair longer?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

One thing that Stan & Jack put aside quickly, and it was the smart thing to do, is to remove the rivalry for Sue that was between Ben and Reed. It's rarely mentioned these days but I think Morrison handles it in a bittersweet way in his min Fantastic Four 1234.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So I can't tell what Sue is looking at in the last panel; is it her field coming down over ?

My take is that Sue can shield herself or others from the symb's, but was that Franklin? The panel where it is dark next to him... is he the one the symbiote bonds with?
    Here's what the 30th issue description tells us
    "The Two-In-One Terrors!"

• Marvel's First Family are divided and at each other's throats!

• As the Earth-ending threat of the KING IN BLACK rages on, half of the Fantastic Four are Knullified and out to destroy their remaining friends and family!

The symbiote bonds with Ben (we saw this in the first issue KiB) and Johnny, who sacrificed himself to distract the symbiotes in the second issue KiB - Sue sees it in this preview
    RCO007_1608739227.jpg

IMG_20210116_014152.jpg
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 01-15-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When Reed was absent, the leaders were Ben (Reed and Sue on sabbatical/Avengers), Sue (Reed's death), Johnny (w/ Namorita, She-Hulk and Ant-Man when the others were in the Negative Zone), Black Panther (after Civil War I) and Scott Lang (FF vol 2).

Due to most of the team's problems being science fiction in nature, Reed is in the leading role most of the time.
    Which is part of the reason why I think the other three should have roles more involved in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

She's looking at Johnny I think. I believe Franklin is seeing Johnnys nova as there is a change in lighting on him and it looks like the symbiotes came at them so fast that she only managed to save herself.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-15-2021 at 07:09 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Thanks for the panel-thoughts. It may be weeks or more before I catch up again. Sheesh.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I find your assessment completely correct.

MODOK, Widow in a shower, Valkyrie's boobs...Reed, you dog .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reed, you dog .
    He was VERY lucky Sue hadn't yet learned how to use her force fields offensively.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

He was VERY lucky Sue hadn't yet learned how to use her force fields offensively.
    "Ummm, Susan... I was testing the device to make sure the lock codes were working so Johnny and Ben wouldn't be using this device for prurient purposes."

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default Die Fantastischen Vier

In the spirit of WandaVision, which I think is great, I think it would be equally great if Marvel Studios did an adaption of my favorite Fantastic Four story, UNSTABLE MOLECULES, for Disney+.

It would "be a gas."

Fan cast favorite for the Fantastic Four movie, for me, would be John David Washington as Reed Richards. And I would figure out Sue and the rest later on.

Since I know they're not going to do that, then Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Reed for me.

It would make my most anticipated MCU movie even more so; take it up to 11. (I eventually saw the first Fox Fantastic Four movie and that was enough, I didn't even bother with the others.)

As for the comic, Kevin Feige is in control of all of Marvel now, including the publishing. Why don't they do a line of ongoing comics set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and not just those 1 or 2-issue mini's that they've done in the past). Keep the regular line for those who still want that, and a "movie line" (or "Disney+ line" too, now, I guess) for those who may like that.

They're essentially doing it with Star Wars already, so just do it with Marvel too. And just three or four series. An Avengers one. When they get to the X-Men, one for them. One for the Fantastic Four once that comes out in the next four or five years. And one that covers everyone else, a general Marvel Cinematic Universe comic. I guess you may need five... maybe; or just various mini-series in-between Disney+ seasons and movies for the non-team books. I think it would work. I would read it.

The Fantastic Four comic right now, I wish they would just reset everything. But since that's not going to happen, just give me a Fantastic Four movie comic, with a Reed that looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and I'll be happy. Ha!

And while UNSTABLE MOLECULES is my favorite FF story, my favorite run of The Fantastic Four is John Byrne's, that's what I grew up reading. I was 13, and #253 was my first issue.

Favorite Byrne issue was #285.

After John Byrne left to go reboot Superman, I left the Fantastic Four too. I dipped back in for a second when Mark Miller took over, but that's been about it. And of course Stan Lee and Jack Kirby is eternal.

It's kind of funny, the Fantastic Four is my favorite thing at Marvel, but I have no desire to read the comics at the moment.

Movie hurry up and get here, I guess.

OMG, that miscoloring on Sue's boob window is just…

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.