Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Can see Namorita's winged foot in the back.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, she's obscured by the logo. Will we get a textless version of that image, maybe as a variant?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    What he did with Johnny shows he doesn't understand the character.
    Agreed, this was a disservice to the characters.

Extraordinary Member

The messed up thing is....spoilers:
    because of the arm bands Sky knows what her 'soulmate' did.
    end of spoilers

Yeah,
    spoilers:
    It's basically twin telepathy. Johnny should also be able to know what she's up to when they're apart.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/12/jo...h-anniversary/

John Romita Jr. and Dan Slott teaming up for ‘Fantastic Four’ 60th anniversary issue

Dan Slott and John Romita Jr. lead an all-star lineup kick off a brand-new Fantastic Four epic this August in FANTASTIC FOUR #35.

Today, Marvel Comics has revealed there’s a 60th-anniversary issue planned for August that will feature Dan Slott and John Romita Jr. teaming up on a story, along with stories by creators Mark Waid and Paul Renaud as well as a story written and drawn by Jason Loo. It’ll all be featured in Fantastic Four #35 and be available in comic book shops on August 25th, 2021.

“I’ve read, and been told by much smarter people, that ‘luck is the residue of design’ so I won’t even attempt to claim I designed the events of these last few months, but I will take this kind of luck any day any time,” Romita Jr. said in a statement sent to AIPT. “I was lucky to begin my career with Marvel and now am extremely lucky to re-connect with Marvel. That’s an enormous amount of good fortune. I sincerely thank all the folks up at Marvel, and Disney, who worked for this fortunate re-connection to happen.”

Per Romita Jr. this will be his first project having returned to Marvel this year. He added, “It is an honor and extreme privilege to be asked to work on this along with a friend and former collaborator, Dan Slott! Along with ink artist JP Mayer, I am looking forward to this being up for viewing in August!”

So what’s the story about in Fantastic Four #35?

The entire Kang bloodline is out to destroy every era of the Fantastic Four! How can Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny hope to survive simultaneous attacks across their lifetimes by Rama Tut, the Scarlet Centurion, Kang the Conqueror and Kang’s final descendant, the sinister Scion?! Still dealing with the repercussions of Doctor Doom’s climactic wedding, the groundbreaking changes to the Fantastic Four’s status quo are just beginning.

Plus: Mark Waid and Paul Renaud deliver dramatic new insights into the origin of the fabulous foursome in an all-new anniversary tale and a third story written and drawn by Jason Loo in his Marvel Comics debut!

Along with Romita Jr.’s words, check out some preview art from the issue featuring his pencils below.

For more on this news, read the official press release below.

New York, NY— May 12, 2021 — This year, Marvel Comics is proud to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four! Home to concepts and characters that revolutionized comic book storytelling, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s beloved creations have enjoyed one of the most memorable sagas in comic book history and this year will see some of greatest adventures yet! Following the highly anticipated BRIDE OF DOOM storyline, August’s FANTASTIC FOUR #35 will be a special giant-sized spectacular that will see series writer Dan Slott teaming up with legendary artist John Romita Jr.

Recently returned to the House of Ideas, Romita Jr. is back to bringing his incredible artwork to Marvel’s biggest heroes, starting with this celebratory 60th anniversary issue for Marvel’s First Family. FANTASTIC FOUR #35 will launch a brand-new storyline that will see every iteration of the iconic villain Kang teaming up for a devious plot that will unravel across Fantastic Four history!

The entire Kang bloodline is out to destroy every era of the Fantastic Four! How can Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny hope to survive simultaneous attacks across their lifetimes by Rama Tut, the Scarlet Centurion, Kang the Conqueror and Kang’s final descendant, the sinister Scion?! Still dealing with the repercussions of Doctor Doom’s climactic wedding, the groundbreaking changes to the Fantastic Four’s status quo are just beginning. Plus: Mark Waid and Paul Renaud deliver dramatic new insights into the origin of the fabulous foursome in an all-new anniversary tale and a third story written and drawn by Jason Loo in his Marvel Comics debut!

“I’ve read, and been told by much smarter people, that ‘luck is the residue of design’ so I won’t even attempt to claim I designed the events of these last few months, but I will take this kind of luck any day any time,” Romita Jr. said. “I was lucky to begin my career with Marvel and now am extremely lucky to re-connect with Marvel. That’s an enormous amount of good fortune. I sincerely thank all the folks up at Marvel, and Disney, who worked for this fortunate re-connection to happen.

“To add to all this, and I hate to add a third section to my good fortune, is the opportunity to start off with a huge project, which is the 60th anniversary of the Fantastic Four! It is an honor and extreme privilege to be asked to work on this along with a friend and former collaborator, Dan Slott! Along with ink artist JP Mayer, I am looking forward to this being up for viewing in August!”

Check out Mark Brooks’ cover below, spotlighting FF members past and present, interior art from John Romita Jr., and be on the lookout for more exciting news about the Fantastic Four’s fabulous 60th anniversary celebration! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

FANTASTIC FOUR #35

Written by DAN SLOTT, MARK WAID & JASON LOO

Art by JOHN ROMITA JR., PAUL RENAUD & JASON LOO

Cover by MARK BROOKS

On Sale 8/25!

This news is very sad, a very important comic will have a very horrible art! The comic will go from one of the best arts to one of the worst!

Yeah, Romita's art on Action Comics was dreadful.

Artwork aside with Kang involved I feel like Slott will write another retcon/reveal that nobody asked for. At least Waid writes a pretty good FF.

What about Immortus? He’s a Kang identity too.. Iron Lad as well, though he was a hero..

As for the new issue today... Wow. Johnny... Alicia... Lyja.... Victorious... I know a lot of you will hate it, but I had fun.

Mighty Member

There's a lot I can possibly. say, but I'll be content with quoting r/Marvel.

I'm so tired of Johnny being a relationship disaster
    Dear Fantastic Four fans,
    We are so so so incredibly sorry. We know your pain
    Love, Spider-Man fans ❤️
    This comic was a mistake
    I swear after Secret Wars there must be an editorial mandate to write everyone out of character every chance they get before they reveal this isn't the real Marvel universe. Civil War 2, Secret Empire, Infinity Wars, Inhumans vs X-men, Hickman age of X, Aaron's Avengers, now fantastic four.
    So Lyja deceives Johnny and she's the bad guy.
    Johnny cheats on Sky with Victorious without a shred of self-awareness.
    People who have been in relationships poisoned with lies should not be poisoning their relationships with lies even if it was built on prophecy bands.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    So much truth in these words.

So if johnny doesn't know or realize, well what does that really mean?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    What about Immortus? He’s a Kang identity too.. Iron Lad as well, though he was a hero..

As for the new issue today... Wow. Johnny... Alicia... Lyja.... Victorious... I know a lot of you will hate it, but I had fun.
    I was waiting for someone else to go first.

Sure we want Johnny to grow up, but will he. The data shows . . . .

I imagine that some other surprise will result from his actions.

As far as the Kang stuff, I'm curious. Kang, et al, has so many possible/connections to the Richards family.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I don't think Johnny ever thought the soul mate thing was real. I'm not so sure he felt the band thing really connected them.

It's soap opera, but even I could not totally guess what will happen next. In a soap, it usually is about babies! Stolen, misidentified, etc. Oh boy.
    ~ Oberon ~

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

I feel that Kid Immortus will be confronted by the Future Foundation, since he is young and first showed up in their book.