Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Has it been 3 years? I guess it didn't seem that long to me.

I may not be delighted, but they're the only comic I don't read. I'm just the kind of person who enjoys things that are not always as perfect as I would like.

Like for decades, all the folks who slammed the Star Wars prequels or whatever franchise you wish to see.

Such dramatic put-downs, etc. (not saying you're like that)
    I wanted to say; Can you create a better movie?
    So I'm just not the type of person to need that.
    I mind, really, it sounds like you should write the comic because you have so many exacting ideas about what you like.
    I'm sorry if this sounds like a put down. I'm thinking about Covid, Palestine and a lot of things besides comics.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I hope Sue gets pregnant and asks Lyja to be her substitute!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Has it been 3 years? I guess it didn't seem that long to me.
    What's longer has been Johnny's death follow by rebirth and back. Ten years last January. When my very first thread was about FF #588.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It could be worse. Remember, before Slott's run started, there'd been no FF at all for two years.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love the book, loved last issue, but I guess the boards are mostly for the haters.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Interview with Mark Russell on tomorrows Fantastic Four: Life Story#1

http://www.freaksugar.com/mark-russe...ur-life-story/

I really like how he views each member's wants:

"Reed wants to save the world. Sue wants to change the world. Johnny just wants to have a good time. And Ben wants the love that he now feels will forever be denied to him."

Sue rarely gets a want outside of her family, so I love that hers is wanting to change the world. I wish more writers on FF had that view on her.
    It's also interesting how Johnny and Ben's wants have changed. Johnny wants more depth in his life and Ben has found that love he never thought he'd get. I wonder what Ben wants now?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I love the book, loved last issue, but I guess the boards are mostly for the haters.
    Slott got people talking about it so he's doing something right.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Slott got people talking about it so he's doing something right.
    He did the same with Spider-man.He likes to troll fans and write ridicuolous stuff.His approach is all publicity is good publicity.It doesn't work long term.

iMan 42s

That's what Slott does. Regardless of what quality it actually is he runs with the idea that people hate him and uses it to market his book. It's literally how he and Marvel marketed Superior Spider-man after all. And frankly it's a genius marketing ploy because people will pick up the book just to see what heinous **** he did this time. He's also on this board and Twitter so he goes out and finds "new material" as it was and uses it to start discussion about his work. He is aware of the ecosystem here, he knows full well how we're going to react to things.

I'm not saying he's all bad or even all good, it's just how he markets his product whether he's aware of it or not and those that like his work uses it as more justification to stick with the title because of a "haters gonna hate" mentality.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I think there is a considerable amount of GOOD discussion on where fans differ on parts of the latest issues. I seriously LOVE the FF and have been reading the book constantly for over 50 years. I like when others share my opinions as well. But seeing post after post of "They're awesomest" gets boring quickly. The particular aspects that get the most interaction here show us where each of us find what it is we love about the family. Yes, some of us repeat ourselves. We have buttons that get pressed, but I find the majority of the posters here love the franchise, even if they don't even like many parts of what's currently going on. I hope when Life Story hits the stands in a few hours, we'll have a different tone in posts about the book. But even though the thread says appreciation it's not blind unconditional love. And that makes what we have to say interesting to me, even if I may disagree with some of it.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 05-19-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Anyway, not liking what a writer is doing doesn't mean you don't like the characters. As long as you don't openly post negative stuff about the main characters, anything goes here. People are welcome to say they don't like what Slott is doing with Sue. But if they said "I hate Sue, regardless of who's writing her", we'd be asking why they're in the FF appreciation thread, because someone saying that clearly wouldn't be appreciating the character. Of course the same applies to Reed, Ben and Johnny.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He did the same with Spider-man.He likes to troll fans and write ridicuolous stuff.His approach is all publicity is good publicity.It doesn't work long term.
    This x100000000

He goes on and on about his sales to justify his stories but ignores the fact sales don't always equal quality, otherwise we'd have never got another 8 fast and furious movies.

I will take Spencers Spidey every single day over Slotts man child and thank god he fixed the MJ issue that Slott refused to touch.

As for FF, Sue is just wallpaper or a sad stalking mother it's so bad how he writes her.

Reed and Ben having ANOTHER fight in the future is such a tired old troupe that I'm dreading it, Johnny is now a total scumbag brain dead cheater to top it off.

I was starved of FF for over 3 years after Marvel had a hissy fit over the fox stuff and when they finally return we get sunset beach FF.

I really enjoyed Life Story. I especially like how it handles Sue and I'm interested to see how the changes from 616 effect Ben.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

This is so well said, CC, thank. you.
    I, too have been reading for eons; since v.1 #64 Sentry Sinister? While I don't keep up with each and every appearance, especially in recent years, or all of the side series or mini's (but I used to), I've always read and loved the main title and characters.
    I'm extremely fond of them and often feel my view of certain eras and such, are vitally important to the Marvel universe.
    I think there is only a brief not quite year in the 1973 era, where I may have missed a few issues, initially, though a few years later I caught up.
    I go on about the DeFalco era, but a lot of earlier eras are truly my more favorite.
    Like the lead up to # 200 and then most the early issues thereafter and the beginning of the Byrne era.
    In fact, as a much younger person, and fan, I often wrote letters to the FF, Defenders, Avengers and others around then; late '70s. or so.
    My first ever letter was printed in the first issue that Byrne ever drew; "Reach for the Stars" ? with the red toned cover.
    So, FF forever, yeah, baby!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I really enjoyed Life Story. I especially like how it handles Sue and I'm interested to see how the changes from 616 effect Ben.
    You should make a thread with spoilers similar to IM's thread about issue 677. I'd love to see your take on Russell's Sue. As "four" me, I'm still a few hours from getting the book but am breathlessly awaiting the mix of one of my favoorite writers and my favorite comic book.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?