Page 50 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

I'm hoping for more books to come out in celebration of the teams 60th. With the Fox nightmare over, I want the FF to be a big franchise like the Avengers were at their height or the X-Men are now with multiple books.

I hope Marvel takes the Carol Danvers approach and give new titles multiple chances to gain a loyal audience. Because sometimes books are instantly popular and other times it takes a consistent effort.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Anyone have any good Silva Lyja scans?

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    yea its an issue with the sliding timescale. i think it was the current editor of the x line who said recently that he has to tell the writers to not say years and months, be vague and just say time has passed. like they apparently want to make the hellfire gala a yearly thing, change the x men line up and do other things, but thats just for the real world. in universe he said it will be every few months.
    it would make sense for them to be two years older at secret wars but according to hickman his entire run from fantastic four through avengers and ending with secret wars was about one year. and marvels more than fine letting him make decisions about the marvel timeline as the x men have only been around for about ten years in his current run.
    Well, at least it's not strictly an FF problem. lol. The obvious solution appears to have fanboys like me maintain a bigger suspension of disbelief. Still, maintaining a consistent difference in ages between TWO kids seems to be something an editor should be able to maintain. Is my entitlement showing?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm hoping for more books to come out in celebration of the teams 60th. With the Fox nightmare over, I want the FF to be a big franchise like the Avengers were at their height or the X-Men are now with multiple books.

I hope Marvel takes the Carol Danvers approach and give new titles multiple chances to gain a loyal audience. Because sometimes books are instantly popular and other times it takes a consistent effort.
    I imagine the property will definitely get a movie push.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Anyone have any good Silva Lyja scans?
    Here's the ones from #32

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's the ones from #32

Thanks love. She needs to appear more in upcoming issues. I need a really great Lyja avatar, and I haven’t found any images that are worthy of Silva’s take.

Is it me, or does anyone else think we’re going to see a return of Franklin’s Tattletale power set?

Thanks love. She needs to appear more in upcoming issues. I need a really great Lyja avatar, and I haven’t found any images that are worthy of Silva’s take.

Is it me, or does anyone else think we’re going to see a return of Franklin’s Tattletale power set?
    You’re welcome. I will try and find more Lyra pictures. IIRC Lyra returned to the MU after a long absence in a Fantastic Four Secret Invasion mini. Maybe there’s some good panels there for an icon.

I don’t remember what Franklin’s power set was back then. Was it something about being able to use an avatar of himself to leave his body ?

You’re welcome. I will try and find more Lyra pictures. IIRC Lyra returned to the MU after a long absence in a Fantastic Four Secret Invasion mini. Maybe there’s some good panels there for an icon.

I don’t remember what Franklin’s power set was back then. Was it something about being able to use an avatar of himself to leave his body ?
    Awe thanks.

Sorta. He had precognitive gifts, and could astrally project himself.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sorta. He had precognitive gifts, and could astrally project himself.
    His projecting himself to Kitty in FF vs X-Men (80's) should qualify.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wait, if Franklin's a precog, could it be that Xavier deliberately depowered him? They don't want precogs on Krakoa.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, if Franklin's a precog, could it be that Xavier deliberately depowered him? They don't want precogs on Krakoa.

That's... surprisingly plausible.

As mutants are to humans, Franklin is to mutants.

he's the mutant of mutants, and Prof X has been powerful enough to tame a Phoenix, so he somehow could be involved; Even Reed was able to put in some mental blocks on F's power, way back. I'm trying to remember how or who helped him. Was it Xavier even, in an old '70s story?

I don't remember, other than it happened.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wouldn't put it past him.

I also think there's some Professor X shenanigans going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As mutants are to humans, Franklin is to mutants.

he's the mutant of mutants, and Prof X has been powerful enough to tame a Phoenix, so he somehow could be involved; Even Reed was able to put in some mental blocks on F's power, way back. I'm trying to remember how or who helped him. Was it Xavier even, in an old '70s story?

I don't remember, other than it happened.
    Franklin had been officially classified as one of the few Omega mutants even in the handbooks. But then recently in the X-Men books, Professor X claimed that he is just a human who had reality warping powers. IMO that makes no sense. He had the powers as a baby so what's the difference?

Extraordinary Member

I also think there's some Professor X shenanigans going on.

Franklin had been officially classified as one of the few Omega mutants even in the handbooks. But then recently in the X-Men books, Professor X claimed that he is just a human who had reality warping powers. IMO that makes no sense. He had the powers as a baby so what's the difference?
    Actually in FF current volume #26. Annoying that they made that retcon. Cheap way to make it so Franklin doesn't go to Krakoa and get tied up in mutant issues.